• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My, how easily PC moves on without you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
Years
  • I came to this site, hoping to find somewhere to hide from reality find other Pokemon fans to talk to and share my ideas with, but after a few months ago, I stopped using this site because I had gradually lost my importance on PC. I no longer became active because nobody would talk to me or at least comment on what I have to say or show (I write and occasionally draw pictures).

The only reason I visit this site now is to check my messages (which only show new ones once in every two or three weeks). Even my best friend doesn't talk to me anymore because PC moves on without me pretty quickly if I'm not a posting freak (which I was never to begin with, but at least people paid attention to the things I post).

I make threads, I show pictures, I post chapters of my fanfiction, but nobody reads ANY of them. :(

Look how many members PC has, how active the site is, and yet I've been virtually erased from existence in a matter of weeks.

Oh, and if some smart aleck tells me that "if you check your messages, then you're not absent," I'm probably going to Leave PC for good.

Well, I don't expect a "warm welcome" as the site says, but I hope that somebody will actually acknowledge this thread's existence.

weightoftheworld

Mimiroru
    Years
  • I'm a new user to PC and only very few people are talking to me but i've only been talked to because i asked a guy about a pokemon and now im trying to secure a trade (i think its failing) so thats not very active either :( its better than serebii for trading but not really a good social site still hello :) im acknowledging this thread exists hello

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
  • Ill acknowledge this thread with this:

I know exactly what you feel man, Ive been here since October 2008, I was here for awhile but the site felt.. overwhelming, and i wasnt posting much so i went inactive, then i came back last year for awhile, but went inactive again because i was bored, with everything pokemon. Lately my friends have gotten me back into pokemon full blast, and im back again, and your right, the site moves on without you very quickly. But, if you want to get noticed, post. For awhile some people may not comment on your post, but you got to keep posting and show that you want your opinion heard ;)

Autistic Lucario

Years
  • Well, I admire u for telling this and welcome back :)

At first I thought you was going to say "well, duh! post if you want attention!" At least I know that there are decent people on this site. Thanks. Posting stuff is hard for me most of the time because I'm not a really social person. Also, when I post, I hardly ever get a reply.

I'm a new user to PC and only very few people are talking to me but i've only been talked to because i asked a guy about a pokemon and now im trying to secure a trade (i think its failing) so thats not very active either :( its better than serebii for trading but not really a good social site still hello :) im acknowledging this thread exists hello

Try checking your messages or VMs for at least four straight months with next to no replies. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Ill acknowledge this thread with this:

I know exactly what you feel man, Ive been here since October 2008, I was here for awhile but the site felt.. overwhelming, and i wasnt posting much so i went inactive, then i came back last year for awhile, but went inactive again because i was bored, with everything pokemon. Lately my friends have gotten me back into pokemon full blast, and im back again, and your right, the site moves on without you very quickly. But, if you want to get noticed, post. For awhile some people may not comment on your post, but you got to keep posting and show that you want your opinion heard ;)

Dingdingdingding!

Then my post gets buried underneath other posts and fades from even the search box. I'll try to post more but it's really hard when you don't know exactly how to reply to certain threads and situations. Thanks for acknowledging my thread, though. It's nice to know that I exist on this site somehow. :)

Autistic Lucario

Years
  • lol, i achknowledge your existence. in fact, ill even send you a friend request and send you messages so you dont "fade from existence" again. i dont post much, either, i mostly talk to people through PM's and VM's. :)

Anyone remember Torin's Passage? It was a great game back in the 1990s that few people have heard of now. The way my existence faded away was a lot like what happened to Torin's Passage.

Interestingly, I found a song I recognize after so many years since I've last played it. I think it fits the mood of this thread quite nicely.

Autistic Lucario

Years
  • I like your fanfiction. :3

Maybe some of us are just shy or something.

I'm like that sometimes too. I just don't know what to talk about at times. However, I know when to speak out for myself when I need to.

There's another website that's a lot like Pokecommunity. Even the administrators there respond to a lot of my posts. I spend more time there than on PC because I feel like I'm actually worth something to them, other than something to help break the record of visits in a day.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Please don't feel left out or stressed, I am sure people here didn't mean to 'leave you out' because they are only doing what they are supposed to do. Also, don't feel unnoticed because, maybe the reaosn why people aren't talking to you is that why would people reply repeatively if it has taken some times for you to reply without notice or warning that you might be busy or inactive for a short period of time.

Also with your threads, check your 'views' I am sure at least 3 people have looked at your threads. We do move fast here at PC, I had to adjust to uit at first when I came here, and so are some of the members. When I came here I knew no-one, So consider yourself lucky that you had/have a freinds here already. If you don't like the way PC works your are more than allowed to leave, but we will always welcome you back anytime.

So, please try some more. Make great quality art work so we can all notice it and enjoy it!

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
  • Sad, but true I guess, if not sad that it is true. So sorry you feel that way.

So welcome back I say, welcome back! * Plays crowd cheer into a megaphone *

Now I shall go check that FF you mentioned. * Leaves *

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Im sorry you feel about this, but atleast you shared it with us. soomething i cant do :p
    Im shy too. Well welcome back and i hope dont give up, ill check your stuf fout :D
    -sends friend request too? :D-
    soo yea

~countryemo

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010

HOLY CRAP Torins passage :DD
    Man I miss that game...even though I've died on it an ungodly amount of times. :D

Anyways that's not the point- /cough
    I'm sorry that you've had this experience X.x I'm rather new here and it's taken about, 3 days to get comments on most of my threads? I'd hate to be in your boat though, but at least your getting atention now correct? :D

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
  • This is simply one of the things you have to accept when on a forum. People leave, people are busy, lots of people on here are socially awkward on and off the computer. Maybe people stopped commenting because they felt they had nothing to add.

Still, this is the internet and it helps to not take lack of comments personally. Just keep trying, keep posting, keep making yourself apparent. Post in other people's threads, don't just make your own and hope the whole forum will turn their attention to you. There are a lot of threads on here and more being made everyday. Threads can easily go unnoticed by many users.

And remember that plenty of people on here spend most of their time playing Pokèmon instead of posting on this forum. Considering the sheer volume of activity on here, like I said, it's just as likely that people just missed your post.

The fact that you got so many kind responses to this post says a lot about this forum. Take that into account when you're deciding whether or not to stay.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Oh, and if some smart aleck tells me that "if you check your messages, then you're not absent," I'm probably going to Leave PC for good.
    Nope, not gonna tell you that. The only thing that speaks for your presence here when the rules are concerned, are your posts. As long as you haven't posted for a month, you're entitled to a reintroduction. Sadly, you made this a little too early, as your last post wasn't quite a month ago... and we have to draw a line somewhere.

I'm really sorry to see that you feel left out here at PC, Autistic Lucario. It's pretty hard to get recognition on a big place like this, you're right. But, you were on the right track. Ya just gotta keep your spirits and activity up, and you'll make more friends that you can handle. :P It works faster for some than others, but it always works in the end.

Feel free to post in the Leaves of Absence Thread announcing your return.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back