• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My intro thingy

ThatOnePokemon

I'm a Pokemon, what am I?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Hello, I'm ThatOnePokemon, as you can probably guess I'm new here, and I plan on making rom-hacks (once I figure out how...) I am also planning on making actual video games, but of course, I won't be able to do THAT until I get a proper free game engine.

Years
    Hello there! Welcome to the forums! Great to have you join us.

If your interested in rom-hacking, you should totally check out the Emulation section of the forum. There, you can find hacking tools, tutorials, and other resources needed to make your own hack. Also be sure to check out the showcases of hacks made by members of our own community! They're really awesome! If you have any questions regarding ROM hacking, you can contact the moderators of that forum (DrFuji and giradialkia) and they would be happy to help you with anything you need!

Anyways, hope to see you around the forums!

Hey ThatOnePokemon! :D Welcome to PC. Nice name, I do wonder what kind of Pokemon you are in specific, haha.

Like Toshi has suggested, stopping by Emulation will be really helpful for you along your ROM hacking journey. You'll probably run into a lot of other fellow new forumers interested in learning too, since hacking's just that big a deal around here. I'd even say PC wouldn't have grown to be such a big community if it wasn't for hacking! I share your interest in creating one though not enough to actually try, especially since everything looks pretty tough to do. Am mostly just a hacks player than anything else and enjoy a good hack every once in a while - our members are super talented. <3 Good luck, you can do it! Don't give up and you'll get there in nooo time!

You've got quite a great goal there, though. Do you plan on majoring in something related to game-making in college/university (assuming you're not already)? Seems to me like you're interested in pursuing that as more than just a hobby, though I'm just making an assumption. You should post around in Video Games too if you're an avid gamer; it's a great section.

Have a wonderful time on PC and great meeting you, all right! Remember to read the rules!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    That *one* Pokemon? Your name sounds like a mystery. xD

Welcome aboard to the forums! You'll find everything you need for your hack, provided that the first poster has told your great info so you can get started. The regulars there as well as the moderators of the forum can guide you on what you need help with, there's a ton of sticky threads which contain a lot of information for you to know, since you plan to get into hacking.

As Cirny mentioned, the Video Games section is a great place to post in as well, but if you're really into Pokemon, you can check out the sections in the Current Pokemon Gaming boards, and the General Pokemon Gaming boards, both boards contain sections pertaining to each generation of Pokemon!

It's a pleasure to meet you! Cirno, the moderator posted above me can assist you with any questions or concerns! Cid is also there as well, you can also ask him questions as well. Have fun, and see you around the forums!

Back