• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Latest..."Team"

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Are 2 choice Scarfers really necessary ?

Its up to you, but ive only really ever had success with one scarfer per team, 2 never really worked out for me, but i suppose since your using them to revenge kill alot here, then thats ok.

Also, go over your threat list, ones that stood out to me as "WTF !!", were Gyarados countering Zapdos and Azelf countering T-Tar =/ <<lolwut ?

And whats more surprizing, is that you have no answer to gyarados without getting locked into Outrage << Stone Edge on Garchomp plesh !!

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    This might seem like nitpicking but you really do seem to rely on Wish support a bit much, even though it is only for Donphan. If Donphan is at low health and there's a physical sweeper in the ring, there's no time to pass wish which is why this team needs some backup on the physical defense side so badly. Also Dugtrio can trap and kill your wish supporter which is no fun. Then again Dugtrio kills a lot of things.

Also I have to wonder what Scarfchomp is doing on this team with Scarf Azelf. I honestly don't get why the popularity of Choice Scarf has been rising but that is just asking your team to be stalled to death. Stalling machines will give you a mess of trouble and Skarmbliss*Gyarados/Chomp counter* wall your team pretty badly, Cress usually being the last part of the mix.

Speaking of Cresselia, that walls your team really bad, and that's not even including the walling support it will have. Also watch out for Weavile. This team isn't Weavile weak by any means but it can tear through most of your defenses and really give you trouble, especially if SR is in play to eat up Gyarados. For example, it can show Azelf a tough time with Pursuit when it is locked on Psychic and bombards Donphan and friends.

Back to the choice scarfer fad, I must say it's really stupid. you're only going to get REALLY badly stalled and Gyarados can't beat as many stallers as you'd think (such as Cresselia and Celebi) which is something to watch out for. You really need to run a Nasty Plot set on Azelf or you should take it out, otherwise it is just a dead weight, much more than Yanmega ever was.

The only glaring flaw I see is the difficulty with stall teams and stalling techniques in general, which will easily tear this team apart.

Also that is not standard Advance Blissey at all, at least not Thunder Wave and the EVs.

Also your threat list is terribly terribly flawed. Half of what you say counters the pokemon listed could only dream of switching in on that given pokemon. for example, when Azelf can survive X-Scizzor from Scizor, please do tell me. Also Blissey's Thunder Wave doesn't really cripple Celebi at all, it can still stall pretty effectively and also has Natural Cure ._.

I'm a bit rusty so sorry for any sad mistakes in the rate, I've been buried in schoolwork and have also been on vacation for a few days so yeah.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    The whole point of the "Blissey countering Celebi" is that Blissey also has Natural Cure. I was refferring to the fact that Celebi can only really T-Wave Blissey. Dugtrio should always really get at least 1 kill in, so it is hard to counter that...

I've removed the scarf on chomp for life Orb, I actually forgot that I had two, it was never intended. >_<

Revenge killing was the main focus point in regards to the threat list. If a Scizor is running hot, then most certainly in comes Gyara to Intimidate, or Donphan to take the hits. It isn't a true problem.

I must argue, I don't rely on Wish support. Wish was an afterthought on Jirachi, and it only helps. Jirachi is running Reflect to help in that regard, and Gyarados behind a reflect with Intimidate isn't that bad...

Nightofshadow said:
    YOur team is all OU meaning its most likely a VERY boring team to play with. However There is no need for bodyslam on jirachi, Abusing serene grace is ok i suppose but I think U turn is WAY more versitile for wish passing. Your team though.

Yeah...no. Having all OU is fine. Seriously, if you're going to say something, make it helpful. People must realize Jirachi's whole purpose is not wish passing! You have no idea how easy it is to take threats to your pokemon if they are all paralyzed. It can be an option over Zen Headbutt, but it is really only an afterthought.

~T_S

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    The whole point of the "Blissey countering Celebi" is that Blissey also has Natural Cure. I was refferring to the fact that Celebi can only really T-Wave Blissey. Dugtrio should always really get at least 1 kill in, so it is hard to counter that...

No, no dont expect that ALL the time from Celebi, i havent battled on shoddy for a while, and i dont know how common the set is, but Celebi can take Bliss all day long, it has 404 HP, Leech Seed and Substitute.

I've removed the scarf on chomp for life Orb, I actually forgot that I had two, it was never intended. >_<

life Orb FTW !!!

Revenge killing was the main focus point in regards to the threat list. If a Scizor is running hot, then most certainly in comes Gyara to Intimidate, or Donphan to take the hits. It isn't a true problem.

Revenge killing is sometimes not the way to go, its good especially this gen when so much stuff doesnt have a sure fire counter, but back up would be nice, i see have have some so ill let you off ;)

I must argue, I don't rely on Wish support. Wish was an afterthought on Jirachi, and it only helps. Jirachi is running Reflect to help in that regard, and Gyarados behind a reflect with Intimidate isn't that bad...

Yeah...no. Having all OU is fine. Seriously, if you're going to say something, make it helpful. People must realize Jirachi's whole purpose is not wish passing! You have no idea how easy it is to take threats to your pokemon if they are all paralyzed. It can be an option over Zen Headbutt, but it is really only an afterthought.

~T_S

Nightofshadow said:
    YOur team is all OU meaning its most likely a VERY boring team to play with. However There is no need for bodyslam on jirachi, Abusing serene grace is ok i suppose but I think U turn is WAY more versitile for wish passing. Your team though.

Blueberry said:
    4) FOR CRAP'S SAKE, NOBODY CARES HOW MUCH YOU HATE BLISSEY.

This goes for ALL OUs, I am sick & tired of people disapproving of OU teams because they are too "common." Once, in a thread a player made made, he said he might use Blissey. But someone said to him, "No, don't use Blissey! It ruins your originality!" Who cares? He never said he was being original. Those post are unhelpful and is considered spam.

Pretty much sums that up lol

Body Slam and Zen headbutt are really nasty on Jirachi, paralyzed my whole team, but thank god my bliss had Aroma =p. Its like a mini Togekiss flinch hax.

However, Im more concerned about what you plan on doing to foe gyarados, tbh, none of your team can actually do anything to it. The best thing you can do is paralyze it with jirachi, but thats not really a counter when your gonna be taking DD Earthquakes, sure Azelf can outspeed it, but i know for a fact Gyara can survive an unboosted Psychic and waste the poor little guy, again your own Gyarados can switch in, but he certainly wont like taking boosted Stone Edges.This may need sorting out, Choice Scarf Starmie ftw >>Azelf ????, its so unexpected and makes a lovely revenge killer. Especially on stuff like Chomp locked into an Outrage etc.

Starmie@Choice Scarf
    90 HP / 252 SP.ATT / 168 SPEED
    Modest Nature
    Trait : Natural Cure
    - Hidden power Fighting <<Kthnxbai weavile =)
    - Hydro pump / Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

You can run Grass Knot >> HP Fighting, but its so useful especially when you send Starmie after weavile to revenge kill it and they are like "WTF dude, you know Weavile is faster right ?", and then im like "Kapow, pimp smack your ass" LOL XD

On Life Orb Chomp, try Swords Dance / Substitute, Earthquake or Fire Fang/Outrage/Earthquake or Fire Fang.Beastly is a word it use to describe it lol.

For some reason i can this

Tyranitar@life Orb
    Naughty Nature
    216 Atk / 96 Sp.A / 196 Speed
    - ice Beam / Hidden power Grass
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

= Anti metagame T-Tar =), takes prediction and knowing your counter to work, but i can honestly say this is in the top 5 life orb user iv ever used, and i have used alot of pokes. Awesome with Wish Support and covers Jirachi's Fire Weakness so it will have many opportunities to get healed by Wish, it will be a Nightmare for your opponent. You have enough pokes to cover its weakness aswell, so it really Fits very nicely into this team......>>Chomp, it really helps with your Cress problem aswell by canceling her leftovers and crunch, HP Grass is nice seeing as swampy may cause problems also, and 3 pokes are immune to SS, so it doesnt matter.

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
    CS Starmie? Interesting. :P *Goes to test on Shoddy

I will take into account that T-Tar as well, but now I need to majorly update the Threat List... >_> lol

Thankyou.

Regards,

~T_S

EDIT: HP FIGHT means a 30 Spd IV. Are those the correct EV's? I think those might be for a 31 IV, but that's impossible... :(

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    CS Starmie? Interesting. :P *Goes to test on Shoddy

I will take into account that T-Tar as well, but now I need to majorly update the Threat List... >_> lol

Thankyou.

Regards,

~T_S

EDIT: HP FIGHT means a 30 Spd IV. Are those the correct EV's? I think those might be for a 31 IV, but that's impossible... :(

Oh shiznet, sorry, take 4 evs out of Hp and put them into speed, i had the same problem with my HP Fighting Azelf. I forgot 31 ivs and Hp Fighting is impossible, so yeah.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Um 101 subs and Leech Seed would counter Blissey I would say, by simply running my favorite tactic of all time: STALL STALL STALL

Also revenge killing is not good enough when a physical sweeper comes in on Blissey healing itself and you have no safe switch.

As for the new look of this team, interesting, but you are very vulnerable to Dugtrio still. I mean, it can easily take out Blissey, Jirachi, Tar, and starmie if it has Sucker Punch. You can't actually counter Dugtrio, the best way to "counter" it is to make most of your pokemon able to laugh at it.

Also I'm sorry but Scarf Starmie is...sorry. With only 100 base SAtk it can't really hurt anything besides a few things that like to pick on it, and really Starmie can't run Scarf well at all. I know the idea of killing Weavile is great and all, But Starmie needs every one of its slots and taking one away for something that isn't even on most teams makes absolutely no sense in my mind.

Also if Wish is an afterthought/filler/whatever you want to call it on Jirachi, how did you plan on having Donphan survive exactly? I'd suit it up with Rest.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Um 101 subs and Leech Seed would counter Blissey I would say, by simply running my favorite tactic of all time: STALL STALL STALL

Also revenge killing is not good enough when a physical sweeper comes in on Blissey healing itself and you have no safe switch.

As for the new look of this team, interesting, but you are very vulnerable to Dugtrio still. I mean, it can easily take out Blissey, Jirachi, Tar, and starmie if it has Sucker Punch. You can't actually counter Dugtrio, the best way to "counter" it is to make most of your pokemon able to laugh at it.

Also I'm sorry but Scarf Starmie is...sorry. With only 100 base SAtk it can't really hurt anything besides a few things that like to pick on it, and really Starmie can't run Scarf well at all. I know the idea of killing Weavile is great and all, But Starmie needs every one of its slots and taking one away for something that isn't even on most teams makes absolutely no sense in my mind.

Also if Wish is an afterthought/filler/whatever you want to call it on Jirachi, how did you plan on having Donphan survive exactly? I'd suit it up with Rest.

Well, there is no sure fire team thats safe from duggy tbh, unless you run all fliers and levitators or run Shed shell on everything, but thats just silly tbh. Jirachis Reflect helps ALOT for this team though, if it comes in on Jirachi its gonna get paralyzed from Body Slam.

Stamie is a great Scarf user, this particular one is a revenge killer, for stuff like Scarf Chomp locker into an outrage etc. All be it an element of surprise, it still works really well, ive used it on Shoddy, i know you hate Scarf users anyways, so ill shut up =X.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I love the element of surprise as much as the next guy (just got pwned by a Thunderpunch/HP Grass Meta on Netbattle :() but Scarf Starmie does not work. There are way better revenge killers to use over it and its lack of power really hurts. I'd much rather Scarf Gengar and that 130 base SAtk in all honesty.

Dugtrio basically can't beat things that can take its Earthquake, which is a lot more than you'd think. Bulky Waters don't fear it, obviously fliers don't care and don't really mind Stone Edge if they're bulky enough (but they aren't trapped which makes up for it) and about any physical wall can beat it. You have to be careful about piling up on that weakness or your team is picked apart quickly. Nobody uses Dugtrio anymore though, so I suppose it doesn't even matter...

Also 60% chance is no guarantee. I'm honestly not fond of that Jir set at all, the CM set takes advantage of Jirachi's unique qualities way better. Physical Jirachi sucks, sorry (at least compared to the special version which dominates Advance and DP).

And remember, I've been writing essays for the past week while the basement flood shut down my internet, I'm a tad rusty too :P

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Yeah, Starmie hasn't done too good for me lately, I might change it to specs or remove it for something else. Jirachi has saved me so many times now it isn't funny. I was down 4-1 on Shoddy and it managed to kill a Blissey, Togekiss, Heracross and Dragonite with Wish/Reflect/Body Slam/Zen Headbutt. I've also been experimenting with Fire Punch, it has surprised many who switch in Forry to get some Spikes set up. (2HKO)

Ok, so suggestions for something over Starmie please?

~T_S

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Yeah, Starmie hasn't done too good for me lately, I might change it to specs or remove it for something else. Jirachi has saved me so many times now it isn't funny. I was down 4-1 on Shoddy and it managed to kill a Blissey, Togekiss, Heracross and Dragonite with Wish/Reflect/Body Slam/Zen Headbutt. I've also been experimenting with Fire Punch, it has surprised many who switch in Forry to get some Spikes set up. (2HKO)

Ok, so suggestions for something over Starmie please?

~T_S

Try specsing it.

You still need a Gyarados counter if you remove it though, so bear that in mind.

Dani_X

Haylew! So kawaii x3
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    Over-View
    My Latest..."Team"
    My Latest..."Team"
    My Latest..."Team"
    My Latest..."Team"
    My Latest..."Team"
    My Latest..."Team"

- - - - - - - - - -
    My Latest..."Team"

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Adamant
    212 HP, 16 Atk, 136 Def, 144 Spd

Dragon Dance
    Taunt
    Waterfall / Earthquake
    Stone Edge / Ice Fang

Standard Bulky-Dos. Speed EV's allow me to outspeed Timid Gengar (350), Adamant Weavile (349), Naive/Jolly Infernape (346), Modest Sceptile/Adamant Dugtrio (339) and all non-scarf Garchomp varients (After 1DD). Waterfall/Stone Edge over the Ice Fang/Earthquake set, which I hate.

- - - - - - - - - -
    My Latest..."Team"

Heatran@Choice Specs
    Modest
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Overheat
    Hidden Power [ELECTRIC] / Dark Pulse
    Earth Power
    Dragon Pulse

This is scary. The strength of a boosted STAB Overheat with Choice Specs is unrivaled. Once everything is paralyzed, this comes in to clean up the mess.

- - - - - - - - - -
    My Latest..."Team"

Blissey@Leftovers
    Calm
    252 Def, 216 Sp. Def, 40 HP
    Natural Cure

Aromatherapy
    Seismic Toss
    Thunder Wave
    Softboiled

ADV Standard still applies here.

Nice!

- - - - - - - - - -
    My Latest..."Team"

Jirachi@Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP, 72 Def, 36 Spd, 140 Sp. Def, 8 Atk

Wish
    Reflect / Light Screen (donphan and Gross are weaker in the special side)
    Zen Headbutt
    Body Slam

Takes Dragon hits on the chin and is my Wish passer. Provides Reflect and Paralysis support.

- - - - - - - - - -
    My Latest..."Team"

Donphan@Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Atk

Rapid Spin
    Toxic / Ice Shard
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake

Physical Wall and Rapid Spinner.

- - - - - - - - - -
    My Latest..."Team"

Metagross@Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 12 Spd, 200 HP, 44 Def

Meteor Mash
    Thunderpunch / Bullet Punch
    Pursuit
    Earthquake

Metagross provides a second option for switching into an Outraging Garchomp. This takes Weavile to the cleaners, and is an overall good Physical Sweeper, especially after everything is paralyzed by Jirachi.

- - - - - - - - - -

Threat List:

Tyranitar:

Infernape:

Gyarados:

Azelf:

Electivire:

Heracross:

Salamence:

Togekiss:

Gengar:

Garchomp:

Lucario:

Starmie:

Weavile:

Dugtrio:

Porygon-Z:

Machamp:

Zapdos:

Suicune:

Breloom:

Ninjask:

Metagross:

Heatran:

Celebi:

Jirachi:

Dragonite:

Mamoswine:

Gallade:

Yanmega:

Kingdra:

Roserade:

Scizor:

- - - - - - - - - -

Ok, I like the look of this, but I think Jirachi may be better off being replaced for something like Bronzong that can take hits fairly better. What does everyone think?

~T_S

Two Steel / Psychics doesn't seem that good to me, except if it is LevitateZong. Nice team right there!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Oh yeah, ive just had a though, make that meta

Metagross @ Leftovers
    EV's: 252 HP/ 164 Atk/ 92 Def
    Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Thunderpunch/ Ice Punch
    - Meteor Mash
    - Reflect

Reflect G00se !! It will greatly help your Gyarados problem, now you can put either U-Turn or Fire punch, on Jirachi >> Reflect.

Still facing the problem, if Gyarados comes in and takes ~25% damage which it will likely do, Mixed Infernape 6-0 you =/, Nasty Plotted Life Orb'd Grass Knot does 75% Minimum to gyara, just pointing that out.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Reflect Metagross still has no fun with Gyarados that carry Earthquake.

And really, CM/Wish/Psychic/Thunder Jirachi is way better. You still get your 60% para rate only you can actually hurt stuff, and this WILL beat Blissey.

You can run Sub over Wish usually, but wish is usually better and Donphan needs to be able to heal somehow. In all honesty the whole "it has saved me so many times" argument just shows you have no good reason to be using what you are.

If you wanty Reflect, fine, but Jirach isn't the pokemon to be doing that on this team considering Earthquake KOs half your team (and probably Blissey too) and Stone Edge will murder Gyarados. Donphan can't even heal so 3 or 4 STAB Earthquakes will very easily wear it down. Stone Edge/EQ/DD/Taunt Gyarados is an easy 6-0, and with Waterfall things are even worse.

Also I don't get why Jirachi is the "Dragon hit taker" when Metagross does that better :0

Back