• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen My Magikarp only run

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I was thinking - and I finally thought of a really, reallly, ridiculously weak Pokemon to pick.

One Magikarp. One really stupid trainer. That's what this is all about.

Just so I can actually pass Phoebe, I'm going to hack to give Magikarp a DP only Bounce. :P.
    And it's the same Magikarp, too. I'm not making a new, awesome one with perfect IVs and nature, nope. Just hack to start with Karp and have it with Tackle at level 5. :P

I'll just post my progress here, as this is a really, really, ridiculously stupid thing to do. You can join me if you like. :P

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    its a magikarp only run no evolving keywords magikarp only run this will NEED to be lv 100 which is crazy!!!

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Well I will join you, but I'll do it on Emerald

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    I'd say, hard as this will be, from experience, I'd say weedle would probably be even harder, but, same principle

Oh, and, of course, good luck on your run

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Well I will join you, but I'll do it on Emerald
    Aren't I doing it on the same thing?

Oh, and y'all, Bounce is strong enough. xP
    I'd say, hard as this will be, from experience, I'd say weedle would probably be even harder, but, same principle

Oh, and, of course, good luck on your run
    Weedle can at least legitimately beat the game...And it has a higher attack than Karp. :P

Oh, and I'm being a cheapo and jacking Magikarp's attack to 40. :P

...Then I remember I gave my rival Magikarp too. x.x

Oh darn. I think I might need a level 30 Magikarp just to beat Roxanne. And Wattson's gonna murder me. Now I'm starting to think I should have started on FR. x.x

EDIT for probably, what, the fifth time?:
    Update.
    I beat some nub.
    My Magikarp only run
    Look who hacked the game with A-Starter!
    My Magikarp only run
    This is what I meant by "jacked up stats".
    My Magikarp only run
    Can't possiblty do it otherwise.

Last edited:

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    I'm gonna find it real hilarious on how you are going to defeat the Elite Four with just a Magikarp :0.

Should you manage to complete your challange.... then you my friend, are considered 'Godly' in my eyes as this will be one insane challange that I haven't seen someone possibly try :).

Good luck with it :D

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    The answer to "how" is "hacks".
    I have to hack to give Magikarp Bounce, a legit Move Tutor move in Platinum nonetheless.
    Oh, and I'm being cheap and raising Magikarp's attack slightly. It only gives it the attack power of a Swablu. And I don't even know the IVs. :P

When I'm done, however, I will post the epic win screenshot of my total and utter pwnage Hall Of Fame record with a single Magikarp. :P

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Dun worry, the strongest member of the Emerald version elite four is...uhm...level...ah...What level is it again? 60, I think. All I need is a PP max to take everything down with bounce. xDDDD I'm right now EV training it in Atk and Spd. In a Magikarp run, every point counts.
    Maybe I need some HP EVs instead...

Years
    I'm gonna find it real hilarious on how you are going to defeat the Elite Four with just a Magikarp :0.

Should you manage to complete your challange.... then you my friend, are considered 'Godly' in my eyes as this will be one insane challange that I haven't seen someone possibly try :).

Good luck with it :D
    Yes, I would like to see this pulled off to, though without hacking...though I can understand why you would changed the stats xD
    Either way, its still gonna be funny to see the Elite Four get pwned by a Magaikarp...you should totally get hypercam and put it on Youtube...well, if your using a ROM, and I assume you are if your hacking it unless you dumped it and put the data back on your game (is that even possible? O_O)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Yeah, I'm using a rom. Otherwise, the screenshots wouldn't be as precise and clear.

Hmm...

Alright, I'll make some limits to how we can hack it.

Rules
    Each of Magikarp's base stats (apart from speed) may not exceed 40.
    Magikarp may only be hacked to learn the following moves:

Splash
    Tackle
    Bounce
    Flail
    Humdiddlydoodah. I'm really wanting to put "Bubble" here too, but that's not a legitimate move. If there was a bubble move tutor, however...x.x

Will you guys think of it as less impressive if Magikarp got Bubble?

Years
    Yeah, I'm using a rom. Otherwise, the screenshots wouldn't be as precise and clear.

Hmm...

Alright, I'll make some limits to how we can hack it.

Rules
    Each of Magikarp's base stats (apart from speed) may not exceed 40.
    Magikarp may only be hacked to learn the following moves:

Splash
    Tackle
    Bounce
    Flail
    Humdiddlydoodah. I'm really wanting to put "Bubble" here too, but that's not a legitimate move. If there was a bubble move tutor, however...x.x

Will you guys think of it as less impressive if Magikarp got Bubble?
    Though I can see whay you would do that, it just wouldnt be as...epic. So unless the need arises and you absolutly have to do it to get past a certain point...yeah. But also, how do you plan on using the HMs with just a Magikarp? You're gonna need to use all of them sometime, so how are you going to go about that?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Get HM Slaves.
    :P
    Ninjask for Cut and Flash.
    Makuhita for Strength, Rock Smash (and surf).
    Tentacool for Surf and waterfall
    Tropius for Fly.

I'll deposit them before the elite four for that epic win.

Years
    Metagross? Since when?!
    It'll just be Salamence and Wailord and Mightyena and other doods
    Uh...*looks at Ruby/Sapphire guide
    Here we go:
    Sidney: Mightyena, Shiftree, Cacturne, Sharpedo, Absol
    Phobe: Dusclops, Banette, Sablye, Banette, Dusclops
    Glacia: Glalie,Sealeo, Sealeo, Glalie, Warlrein
    Drake: Shelgon, Altaria, Flygon, Flygon, Salamence
    Steven: Skarmory, Claydol, Aggron, Cradily, Armaldo, and last but not least Stevens signiture Pokemon- Metagross.

You DID say Sapphire version, right?

Back