• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My main interest.. rom hacking

Years
    Hey, im new to all this. Just hoping i could discover some people in the community that could help me on my first rom hack, planning to call it: Pokemon Master, if your sort of a proffessional at this kind of stuff, please contact me somehow!

Years
    Hey, Hunter!

Nice to meet you! There seems to be a lot of people joining that are interested in ROM hacking. I hope to see a lot of great ROM hacks being released in the future from them all. {XD} That said, you should have no trouble discovering people in this community that can help you with your ROM hack, as we have a whole forum dedicated to it! The Beginner's Lounge is a great place to start. You should definitely post a thread there sharing your ideas of the ROM hack there and definitely request some help. You should get along nicely with everyone there because they're always willing to help. :)

What made you want to start making a ROM hack? What's your inspiration? What's it going to be about?

We'd love to know what some of your interests are. We can help you find some other forums to check out that you'd probably enjoy. :P

Welcome to PC, I hope you enjoy your stay. Feel free to send me a friend request, I'd be happy to accept it. I hope to hear more from you!

Last edited:
    Welcome Hunter, always awesome having more members! Great meeting you. -^^-

I'm not good at hacking whatsoever since I don't dabble much in it but Admison is right that many people join hoping to learn more about it, heh. So you should be in good hands here with how many talented hackers we have across the community. 8] You can also check out the tools forum for some guides on how to do things. Starting out is always the hardest part since you don't know where to begin but I'm sure you'll get everything in time. Be patient and work hard! Of course, enjoy your time on PC as well!

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

As others before me have indicated, we have a pretty big section of the forum dedicated entirely to the pursuit of ROM Hacking, so you should be able to find plenty of resources and people able to help you with yours in there! It's quite an intimidating thing when first starting out, right? I had a look in the section shortly after I first joined...and promptly closed the page. xD

If you need anything or just want someone to chat to, feel free to drop me a line anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2015
    Hey hunter!

I'm working on my own rom and as all the above mentioned, there are many skilled hackers here and the hacking section is massive, I would like it if you posted a thread in the beginners lounge so I could see what type of rom it is and, you never know, I might just be able to help!

I'd also like to ask what hacking tools do you use? How much are you planning on changing from the original to the hack? The maps, story, scripts, characters, pokemon?

Thank you for joining PC by the way and I really hope you send me a friend request, we can chat privately about ideas for hacks, new ways to use some tools, or anything we feel to talk about then!

Enjoy your stay!

Back