• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] My Moemon sprites

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Because the moemon sprite project in Japan is pretty much dead, I am taking up the cause and updating the sprites that I feel need to be updated, thus what you see here. These are for the Fire red patch at the PokeMMO forums, although anyone can use these if they credit me.

1st Gen
    Spoiler:

2nd Gen
    Spoiler:

3rd Gen
    Spoiler:

Reference links:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm a little confused. What is it here that needs updating if the project is dead? Or are you just reaching out to other spriters for aesthetic changes? Because, if that's the case, they look pretty perfect to me haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    I've seen all these sprites in da and I love all these sprites.

Definitely an excellent gallery.
    Thanks!

I'm a little confused. What is it here that needs updating if the project is dead? Or are you just reaching out to other spriters for aesthetic changes? Because, if that's the case, they look pretty perfect to me haha.
    The moemon spriting scene in Japan is dead or dying, as in no new sprites have been created since 2013. Thankfully, all 386 third-gen pokemon have been made already. However, the quality of some of the existing sprites are pretty poor, which is what I am trying to remedy by making my own sprites to fill in the gaps in quality and make every pokemon truly moe.

There is a rom patch (replacing only sprites) being worked on, which is in the PokeMMO forums.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Thanks!

The moemon spriting scene in Japan is dead or dying, as in no new sprites have been created since 2013. Thankfully, all 386 third-gen pokemon have been made already. However, the quality of some of the existing sprites are pretty poor, which is what I am trying to remedy by making my own sprites to fill in the gaps in quality and make every pokemon truly moe.

There is a rom patch (replacing only sprites) being worked on, which is in the PokeMMO forums.

Excellent! I'm sorry, it sounded like you were trying to reach out and garner participants for this haha.

Best of luck to you, friend, and I'm very glad you're taking it upon yourself to revamp some of the sprites. I've since been doing research, and it seems like this is a project which definitely deserves more attention than it's getting. We're all happy (and I'm sure impressed) for your efforts.

You have my support. Carry on. :)

Years
  • 1st Gen:

- I like so much the Venusaur! Looks very good. And Metapod is a fantastic idea. And Flareon is very cool!

2nd Gen:

- I want a Cyndaquil or Lugia version :P

3rd Gen:

- The Absol version is awesome, very nice idea.

Keep on the good work!

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
  • Those are really good! I like that artwork where people make animal-like creatures into people, and these ones are done very well. I can tell what all of them are and the pixelwork is very clean.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Th-this...this is incredible. I never expected to see something like this. Something totally out-of-the-box for me, haha. I think you've done an excellent job on them, mate. The sprites are all very recognizable as to which pokemon they're based off of. But they still manage to look very appealing and distinct at the same time - all of them.

Like someone else mentioned before me, I personally think your absol entry is the best of them all. She's the most appealing to me. Her and Ivysaur + Venusaur. They look like they're the most detailed ones and the ones where the most amount of effort has been put. Absol's hair's detailing, especially, is gorgeous. Ivysaur's hair, too, has pretty much perfect usage of various shades of green which makes it look really good.

Personally think the Gastly one is a step down in terms of detailing and the overall look in general. The pose, too, seems a little awkward with her hiding her hands behind her back like that. You've managed to do hands just fine in a lot of other entries. Why hide them here? Either way, it isn't really bad by any means. Just that I find it a little less appealing than the other ones (especially the Absol and Ivysaur/Venusaur ones I mentioned as they're my faves! <3).

Keep up the good work, mate. You haven't updated this in a while. Which is a shame. But here's to hope that you keep posting more of your stuff in here. I'm a fan. :)

Back