• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My New 2 V.s. 2 Team ...rmt

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
    Hey guys I just worked on this team for 2 vs 2 type matches specificaly. It can work when its 1 on 1 but its much more effective as 2 vs 2. Let me know what you think.

Cacturne: Modest, Sand Veil, Bright Powder,
    EV's 252 SA, 129 Defense, 129 SD
    Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Sandstorm, Thunderpunch

Sandslash: Adamant, Sand Veil, Bright Powder,
    EV's 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Sand Storm, Double Team/Swords Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide

Groudon: Docile, Drought, Shell Bell,
    EV's 252 Speed, 129 Attack, 129 SA
    Solarbeam, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Rest

Exeggutor: Modest, Chlorophyl, Miracle Seed,
    EV's 252 SA, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Solarbeam, Giga Drain, Psychic, Sleep Powder

Kyogre: Modest, Drizzle, Leftovers,
    Calm Mind, Thunder, Ice Beam, Surf

Kingdra: Modest, Swift Swim, Chesto Berry,
    Rest, Dragon Breath, Ice Beam, Surf

Last edited:

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
    I was thinking about making a Rhydon, Kyogre's partner because of his Lightnig Rod ability. Unfortunately if my opponent would use a water type Rhydon would be OHKO'd. Rhydon would suck in Kyogre's Thunder as well.

Rhydon: Adamant, Lightning Rod, Soft Sand/Bright Powder
    EV's 252 Attack, 129 SD, 129 Defense
    Earthquake, Rock Slide, Double-Edge, Swords Dance

Then I was thinking about using a Ludicolo for Kyogre's partner, but I changed my mind once again because without a lightning rod in play Water types are too vonurable to Thunder/Thunderbolt.

Ludicolo: Modest, Rain Dish, Leftovers/Bright Powder,
    Giga Drain, Ice Beam, Surf, Double Team

I was also considering the use of Kabutops on the team as Kyogre's partner. This is my Physical sweeper to partner up with Kyogre, but there are much better choices.

Kabutops: Adamant, Battle Armor, Leichi Berry
    Swords Dance, Aerial Ace, Brick Break/Return, Rock Slide

Last edited:

Ham

asdf tl;dr
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    wow ubers. way to go.

BTW don't triple post plz.

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
    LOL Thanx Ham I was trying to figure out good team combos and I was thinking of using Groudon's Drought ability and Kyogre's Drizzle abilities to their full potential.

Drought acts like a constant Sunny Day so I poped in Exeggutor with Miracle Seed to quickly devastate the competition. Sunny day also strenghtens Flamethrower, quickens Solarbeam, speeds up Exeggutor.

Kyogre's Drizzle I had the most problems with though. Originaly I wanted to use my Rhydon with his Lightning Rod ability so that Kyogre is protected from electric attacks but then my smart version slaped my dumb version silly, saying that with Rain Dance and an opponent bringing in another water type will OHKO my Rhydon. So I decided to use Kindra with awesome speed in that situation. Ludicolo would also be good with that. Ludicolo and the moveset I had for him with Rain Dish ability, would constantly gain sooooooo much health. Drizzle acts like a constant Rain Dance.

Cacturne, and Sandslash in a Sandstorm, both holding Bright Powder. My opponent can forget about ever hitting either one of them.

Well thats my strategy. Im sure there are other kewl 2 on 2 teams.

Last edited:

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    methinks it's kinda shaky without ttar. Plus it seems hard to switch the apporpriate pokemon out, but i haven't really looked closely enough to review the strategy. I'm not liking the uber thing, however, as I only use those within their own metagame.

.::Escalator::.

Foe HOUNDOOM used HOWL!
    Years
    You have 4 pokemon on your team weak to the ever common Ice Beam. Way to go.
    If you used a Rhydon, you know it would absorb all of Kyogre's Thunders, right?
    Kabutops cant learn EQ, you know that right? Infact, why even use a Kabutops with Rain Dance without Swift Swim of Surf/Hydro Pump?

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
    Ummm of course I knew that Rhydon would absorb all of the Thunders from Kyogre. READ post by post it has already been mentioned. That is why I took him out. Ok so its wishful thinking Kabutops could learn EQ, but I know it cant. I actualy wanted Brick Break or Return on him. Kabutops have a much higher Attack than Spec. Attack. I used Kingdra in the end anyway and my second choice was Ludicolo.

On top of that my teams are well prepared to takeout anything able to use Ice Beam. Flamethower on Groudon against Ice types, which is powered up by the Drought ability. Quick fireing Solarbeams as well to whoop the Water type bums, and my Exeggutor has Miracle Seed on that. Anything else with Ice Beam would be bashed in by either my first out team, or my last out team.

My Cacturne, and Sandslash are quick enough to use Sandstorm, and get lost in it holding their Bright Powder. Sand Veil ability and Bright Powder together in a Sandstorm raise my evasion. I was thinking about using Tyranitar as Sandslash's partner, but I do not think his Sand Stream ability also includes the properties of Sand Veil.

True Tyranitar is great but my Sandslash is my physical sweeper with great evasion, and Cacturne is my special sweeper with great evasion. The only other two pokemon with Sand Veil are Gligar, and Dugtrio. Dugtrio can be taken out with one Ice Beam indeffinitely, with his stats. Gligar is even more prone to Ice Beam than Dugtrio. So you tell me if I made a good choice when it comes to the Sandstorm strategy.

.::Escalator::. I know stating the obvious is easy for you, but trust me I'm not oblivious. I made the right choices, with this strategy. An Exeggutor with Light Screen laughs at Ice Beams, I could always substitute that in. I mean he will be fast enough to use it. Does that make you feel better?

UmbreonShadow... Thanx dude, your opinion is valulabe as always. I was considering Ttar, I just did not know if his Sand Stream has the same benefits as Sand Veil. If thats true then I would put him in as Sandslash's partner.

Thanx allot I hope to hear more from you all.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    SubZer0 said:
    Ummm of course I knew that Rhydon would absorb all of the Thunders from Kyogre. READ post by post it has already been mentioned. That is why I took him out. Ok so its wishful thinking Kabutops could learn EQ, but I know it cant. I actualy wanted Brick Break or Return on him. Kabutops have a much higher Attack than Spec. Attack. I used Kingdra in the end anyway and my second choice was Ludicolo.

On top of that my teams are well prepared to takeout anything able to use Ice Beam. Flamethower on Groudon against Ice types, which is powered up by the Drought ability. Quick fireing Solarbeams as well to whoop the Water type bums, and my Exeggutor has Miracle Seed on that. Anything else with Ice Beam would be bashed in by either my first out team, or my last out team.

My Cacturne, and Sandslash are quick enough to use Sandstorm, and get lost in it holding their Bright Powder. Sand Veil ability and Bright Powder together in a Sandstorm raise my evasion. I was thinking about using Tyranitar as Sandslash's partner, but I do not think his Sand Stream ability also includes the properties of Sand Veil.

True Tyranitar is great but my Sandslash is my physical sweeper with great evasion, and Cacturne is my special sweeper with great evasion. The only other two pokemon with Sand Veil are Gligar, and Dugtrio. Dugtrio can be taken out with one Ice Beam indeffinitely, with his stats. Gligar is even more prone to Ice Beam than Dugtrio. So you tell me if I made a good choice when it comes to the Sandstorm strategy.

.::Escalator::. I know stating the obvious is easy for you, but trust me I'm not oblivious. I made the right choices, with this strategy. An Exeggutor with Light Screen laughs at Ice Beams, I could always substitute that in. I mean he will be fast enough to use it. Does that make you feel better?

UmbreonShadow... Thanx dude, your opinion is valulabe as always. I was considering Ttar, I just did not know if his Sand Stream has the same benefits as Sand Veil. If thats true then I would put him in as Sandslash's partner.

Thanx allot I hope to hear more from you all.

Yes Ttar's sand stream works like sandstorem so sandveil works on it, and the sandstorm strategy is usable.

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
    Ok awesome Jc_Rcw. Thanx dude. Ok here is the Tyranitar I am substituting in for Cacturne.

Tyranitar: Modest, Sand Stream, Bright Powder,
    EV's 252 Speed, 129 SA, 129 SD
    Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Crunch

with reconfigured Sandslash:

Swords Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Return

Thanx allot again Jc_Rcw, and UmbreonShadow. Take a look at it now.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    SubZer0 said:
    Ok awesome Jc_Rcw. Thanx dude. Ok here is the Tyranitar I am substituting in for Cacturne.

Tyranitar: Modest, Sand Stream, Bright Powder,
    EV's 252 Speed, 129 SA, 129 atk
    substitute, Thunderbolt, focus punch, Crunch

BOAH its kind of like that

with reconfigured Sandslash:

Swords Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Return

Thanx allot again Jc_Rcw, and UmbreonShadow. Take a look at it now.

maybe you'll want BOAH, and sandslash is fine

Ham

asdf tl;dr
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers ** BOAH
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 SAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Crunch
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

standard boah. the 252 HP is for 101 HP subs that one S-toss or Night Shade can't break it. the speed is to outspeed Blissey and Relaxed Weezing. the 130 base attack is high enough, so attack EVs aren't needed.

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
    So Crunch and Thunderbolt would be my only Special Sweepers on my TyraniSlash team? I know its common sense to take advatage of a pokemons best stat. However instead of Focus Punch, should'nt I use Rock Slide on Ttar to get the STAB? On top of which a double Rock Slide can demolish allot. I know Focus Punch has the power, and used with Substitute the correct way it can do many things, but most moves can kill the sub in one hit. I have always been use to using the Sub/Rest combo though.

Last edited:

Ham

asdf tl;dr
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    Rock Slide is uneeded.

each part of the defensive trifecta(Skarmory/Blissey/Claydol) is hit with a SE move from standard boah. after one falls, the other two soon follow. besides, STABed Crunches hurt alot. not much can safely switch in on a boah with a sub.

Back