• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My New Competitive Team

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    This is the new team I use for competitive play (needs work) on D/P. I use this for tournaments and leagues, suggestions and criticisms are requested. TMs is not a problem, so if you want me to replace moves that is not a problem. Also, I have several pokemon in my PC so if anyone should be switched that is possible. Thank you :)

My New Competitive Team

Item: None
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Fang
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake

I use him as my sweeper, as it is fast and covers a lot of weaknesses.

My New Competitive Team

Nidoking
    Water Pulse
    Earthquake
    Thunderbolt
    Megahorn

Even though Nidoking has several weaknesses, he proves as a worthy pokemon to use with the wide variety of moves and has balanced stats.

My New Competitive Team

Thunderbolt
    Focus Punch
    Fire Blast
    Ice Beam

Dragonite, probably my best pokemon here in the list.

My New Competitive Team

Vital Throw
    Rest
    Cross Chop
    Earthquake

Machamp is my tank.

My New Competitive Team

Item: X Sp. Def
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Giga Drain
    Leaf Storm

My New Competitive Team

Solar Beam
    Flamethrower
    Fly
    Earthquake

Charizard is my favorite pokemon thus he is in my lineup.

----

Here are some pokemon I have in my PC. I am not afraid to switch any out in exchange.

My New Competitive Team

Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Recover
    Camoflauge

My New Competitive Team

Leer
    Horn Attack
    Endure
    Fury Attack

I didn't train him at all.

My New Competitive Team

Item: Mind Plate
    Psybeam
    Psycho Cut
    Psychic
    Recover

My New Competitive Team

Body Slam
    Swallow
    Toxic
    Stockpile

My New Competitive Team

Item: X Attack
    DragonBreath
    Iron Tail
    Crunch
    Rock Slide

My New Competitive Team

Thunder Wave
    Shock Wave
    Detect
    Drill Peck

My New Competitive Team

Rollout
    Explosion
    Rock Blast
    Earthquake

My New Competitive Team

Quick Attack
    Foresight
    Force Palm
    Counter

My New Competitive Team

Item: Exp Share
    Flare Drive
    Rock Tomb
    Extremespeed
    Will-O-Wisp

My New Competitive Team

Rock Smash (I know, bad move)
    Rock Tomb
    Ancient Power
    Hyper Beam

Once again, thank you :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    This is not a competitive team. This is a team you threw together with random Pokemon from your PC.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    This is not a competitive team. This is a team you threw together with random Pokemon from your PC.

Did you read my post? The first six pokemon listed are the ones I currently use for my team. Though, I listed pokemon I have in my PC that I am willing to exchange with one of the pokemon in my current lineup.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Let me rephrase that then: Learn something about the D/P metagame before asking to have a team rated. I was taking you seriously until Hyper Beam Aerodactyl. Oh wait, no I wasn't. Before that there was "Machamp is my tank.", Torterra holding X SDef, and Hydro Pump Gyara. This is not a competitive team.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Let me rephrase that then: Learn something about the D/P metagame before asking to have a team rated. I was taking you seriously until Hyper Beam Aerodactyl. Oh wait, no I wasn't. Before that there was "Machamp is my tank.", Torterra holding X SDef, and Hydro Pump Gyara. This is not a competitive team.

You must be really dense. First off, can you show me where I said rate my team? I am looking for suggestions to FIX my team. And this is the forum for it. Oh, guess you didn't know that did you!?

And all the pokemon in my PC are not trained for comeptitive play, but I am willing to fix them IF someone suggests to switch someone from my normal line up too that.

And yes, I do realize there ARE mistakes in my team which is why I asked for suggestions you moron. Before you make moronic ASSUMPTIONS read what the original posts say, what forum you are posting in, and get common sense.

-Edit-

For morons like you, I put in the first sentence of my post in parenthesis after competitive play "needs work" since apparently some people have trouble reading.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    I know what forum I'm posting in. The Pokemon Strategies and Movesets forum, for strategies and movesets. And this thread is titled "My New Competitive Team", which leads me to believe that you're looking for competitive strategies and movesets. And FYI, "Rate my team" is "Fix my team".

Though I will admit, I could've been nicer. I'm just used to people actually knowing something about competitive battling before posting teams. I guess because your team is pretty much useless competitively, to me it's more like you're saying "Build a team for me."

Hmmmm....

First off, if you want a sweeping Gyarados, use a MS like this instead:

Dragon Dance (Replace with Stone Edge if you're running it with a Choice Band)
    EQ (Earthquake)
    Stone Edge/Ice Fang
    Waterfall

Nidoking, how I like that Pokemon. However, it is going to get ran over in the current meta-game. It's a good Hera counter, but other than that...eh. :/ Definitely switch it out if you're more about winning, winning, winning, but if you like the Pokemon and just want to use it, go for it. Nothing wrong with that.

Dragonite can be a crazy Pokemon to have. Quite a bit of choices. If you want to use it for attacking, which obviously you do, consider the moves Outrage, EQ, Fire Blast, Dragon Dance, Substitute, Flame Thrower, Focus Punch. Dragonite can be a special sweeper, a physical one, or a mixed one.

Machamp is not a tank, but if you want one with rest, consider this:

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Dynamic Punch/Cross Chop
    Stone Edge

As for Torterra and Charizard...eh. :/

Something you'll be wanting, or should consider, or a healer and a Spiker/Stealth Rocker/Rapid Spinner.

Your team is very attack oriented, and teams like that well completely get thwarted.

You might want to consider Starmie and Snorlax for your team.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    I would lose to an 8 year old with that team.
    If you're not going to help, then don't even come into his topic. Simple as that.

Gyarados
    Aqua Tail
    Ice Fang
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Use Aqua Tail if you want Water Attacking on Gyarados.

Nidoking
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Thunderbolt
    Megahorn
    Make sure he's running off of the Rivalry ability.

Dragonite
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Punch
    Substitute
    Ice Beam
    I'd use another moveset for him, or just replace either him or Gyarados.

Machamp
    Thunderpunch
    Ice Punch
    Cross Chop
    Stone Edge
    Machamp doesn't make a tank.
    He does, however, make a nice CBer.

Torterra
    Item: Leftovers
    Earthquake
    Curse
    Seed Bomb
    Synthesis / Rest
    Eh

Charizard
    Belly Drum
    Fire Punch / Flare Blitz
    Substitute / Crunch
    Earthquake

Charizard is my favorite pokemon thus he is in my lineup.
    With the exception of Torterra, this team is far too sweeper-oriented.
    I'd also like to point out that even Medicham w/o Choice Scarf single-handedly takes this team out, as well as Starmie.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Hmmm go w/ what stats the pokemon are GOOD at! Like how Iceman put that Gyarados's hydro pump should be replaced w/ aqua tail. Well, sure, hydro pump is stronger with the base power of 120, but, its a sp. attack.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Iceman, Iceman, Iceman. This is the second time you told someone to give Seed Bomb to Torterra. I will admit, it's not a bad move for him, but Wood Hammer is better.

Torterra
    Earthquake
    Wood Hammer/Seed Bomb
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    Leech Seed/Syntheis

Leftovers w/ Leech Seed could help recover from your own Wood Hammer, but Synthesis is still an option. Remember, with all these Sandstorms, its a wee bit risky. Wood Hammer, like I said, is a better move, but Seed Bomb is a viable option. Seed Bomb has no recoil, but suffers a severe power drop. And Rest is just a God-awful move for Torterra. Ice can wipe it out while Torterra is sleeping.

Cber? What does that mean? All these terms, I can't keep up.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    Iceman, Iceman, Iceman. This is the second time you told someone to give Seed Bomb to Torterra. I will admit, it's not a bad move for him, but Wood Hammer is better.
    Yes, Wood Hammer has more power I know, but Torterra can't suffer recoil forever. For every OHKO it gets, it's losing at least 25% health on average. If it drops a Blissey with Wood Hammer, then he's suffering a gigantic loss on HP.

Torterra
    Earthquake
    Wood Hammer/Seed Bomb
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    Leech Seed/Syntheis

Leftovers w/ Leech Seed could help recover from your own Wood Hammer, but Synthesis is still an option. Remember, with all these Sandstorms, its a wee bit risky. Wood Hammer, like I said, is a better move, but Seed Bomb is a viable option. Seed Bomb has no recoil, but suffers a severe power drop. And Rest is just a God-awful move for Torterra. Ice can wipe it out while Torterra is sleeping.
    Dunno what I was thinking when I put Rest. But I'm so dead paranoid on how Synthesis only recovers 25% health during Sandstorm. My idea was using Rest, then pulling an Aromatherapy / Heal Bell afterwards, but then again, that concept is a little to hard to pull so...

Cber? What does that mean? All these terms, I can't keep up.
    CBer = Choice Bander, which is a Pokemon Attacking off of Choice Band.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    you should teach dragonite the moveset
    ice beam
    dragon claw
    fly
    earthquake

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    oh, and for your nidoking you should switch thunderbolt and/or waterpulse for poison jab or brick break

Back