• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My New Platinum RMT

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
  • So I decided to the advent of Deoxys-S going Uber (HECK YES!), I thought I could start off fresh with a new team (And wait out the time that Skymin lands there :)). But first, I'm apologizing to BeachBoy and Magmortified, as I took some of their mojo and put it in here.

My New Platinum RMT

Spiritomb@Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    Pressure
    252 HP/140 Atk/116 SpD
    Sucker Punch/Taunt
    Pursuit/Taunt
    Will-O-Wisp
    Pain Split

I'm sorry, but I love this thing to death. It has always been a successful lead for me, and it is in my top 10 favorite Pokémon, so I continue to use it. WoW for burning stuff obviously, Pain Split to recover. I definitely want to switch one of the first slots with Taunt, although it might not be worth it, as every other lead that generally uses SR/Taunt outspeeds me, so it renders it pretty useless. Overall, a great lead.

My New Platinum RMT

Snorlax@Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    Thick Fat
    168 HP/120 Def/220 SpD
    Curse
    Whirlwind
    Earthquake/Crunch
    Body Slam

Wait, what? Whirlwind? Actually, Snorlax can be a pretty good PHazer in the metagame, as its slower speed can allow them to try to boost, and then force the switch, waisting their turn. Self explanatory nature, Earthquake for coverage (Although I'm seriously thinking about switching for Crunch), and Body Slam for it's Para Hax chance and solid STAB.

My New Platinum RMT

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    Sand Veil
    252 HP/216 Spe/ 40 Def
    Earthquake
    Roost
    Fire Fang
    Stealth Rock

Sets up some rocks for me, which is always great in the offensive metagame we seem to have today. Fire Fang eats Scizor and spits it out, as well as other Steel levitators (I'm looking at you Bronzong) that attempt to wall it. Also allows me to actually hit Skarmory (Although not too well). Earthquake for STAB, Roost for recovery.

My New Platinum RMT

Vaporeon@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Water Absorb
    188 HP/252 Def/68 SpA
    Surf
    Ice Beam/Toxic
    HP Electric
    Wish

My Gyarados counter, as well as my Wish passing friend here. Surf for STAB, HP Electric for Gyarados (Obvious :P), Wish for well, Wish Passing. The toss up between Ice Beam and Toxic is a little tough for me, as I'm not totally sure what my team really needs at this point in time.

My New Platinum RMT

Machamp@Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    Guts
    252 Atk/128 HP/128 Spe
    Close Combat
    Payback
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch

Bye bye Tyranitar, as you get OHKOed by this monster's Close Combat (Then again, why would it stay in on it?) Although this set needs proper prediction, it RIPS through many opponents without any second thoughts, Although it isn't as durable as the Rest Talk variant, CB Champ is still an awesome contender and shouldn't ever be taken lightly

My New Platinum RMT

Kingdra@Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Sniper
    168 HP/188 Atk/ 152 Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

The duo of Jirachi and Kingdra just compliment each other quite well (Again, pat yourselves on the back). Since I'm not doing double dance, Sniper for the greater critical damage. Dragon Dance, Waterfall, and Outrage are all self-explanatory. That last move slot is kind of a filler, but I want to use something useful in it. So I need help deciding there.

Overall, this is a more defense oriented team (Holy crap, they all hold leftovers?). Although it kind of goes against the offensive metagame these days, why be afraid to be different?

Problems I See:

• The fact that Skarmory/Forretress completely walls me. Although HP Electric on Vappy can hit it, the second it roosts it becomes totally useless. Fire Fang on Glisor barely hits it, so I need a more reliable Electric/Fire attack to hit with. Need suggestions on what to replace there.
    Possible Changes:

• Killing off Spiritomb for something more offensive oriented (More than likely :P)
    • Delete CroRachi for something to stop T-Tar from running rampant on my entire team (Not sure what...) Done, CB Champ in place
    • Adding another Sleep Talker (Maybe changing Kingdra, or adding Machamp in place of CroRachi) Kingdra changed to a Sleep Talker

Last edited:

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
  • Taunt > Stealth Rock on Gliscor or Choice Specs on Vaporeon can help with the Skarm/Forry problems you say you have.

Sorry, I can't give a full rate at the moment.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    CroRachi is just inviting Tyranitar to come in and 2HKO half your team. Choice Banded Stone Edge does 84.87%-100.00% to your Spiritomb. Your entire team has no true answer to it, as even your Gliscor takes 96.05%-114.12% from Ice Punch.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    184/252 Att/74 Spe
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Ice Punch

You have nothing to handle that monster, which is why I reccomend a Machamp to cover this weakness up. Rest-Talk Machamp specifically.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Why does celebi wall your entire team lol ?

Sub dra still sucks

What i suggest is getting rid of croRachi since the metagame just goes roflcopter at it (im looking at heatran, scizor and tyranitar etc). Something more offensive would be in your best intrests, tomb doesnt do much either tbh, but meh. So yeah replace awfulRachi.

If you want a rest talker in its place ;

Kingdra@Leftovers
    168 HP / 188 Atk / 152 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Sniper
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Dance
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Bump your gliscors speed to 308 and use a jolly nature or ice punch Lucario goes lololol.

This is one of those "balanced teams" which are easilly stalled and easilly swept, you are best picking offense or stall. =x

Ill come back for a better rate later.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Taunt > Stealth Rock on Gliscor or Choice Specs on Vaporeon can help with the Skarm/Forry problems you say you have.

Sorry, I can't give a full rate at the moment.

I need the SR Support :P

CroRachi is just inviting Tyranitar to come in and 2HKO half your team. Choice Banded Stone Edge does 84.87%-100.00% to your Spiritomb. Your entire team has no true answer to it, as even your Gliscor takes 96.05%-114.12% from Ice Punch.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    184/252 Att/74 Spe
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Ice Punch

You have nothing to handle that monster, which is why I reccomend a Machamp to cover this weakness up. Rest-Talk Machamp specifically.

And this is why I ask for rates :P I do love Machamp, but I'm always more partial to the CB Set, as I can always Rest Talk on Kingdra as D_A has pointed out, right now it's a total toss up.

Why does celebi wall your entire team lol ?

Sub dra still sucks

What i suggest is getting rid of croRachi since the metagame just goes roflcopter at it (im looking at heatran, scizor and tyranitar etc). Something more offensive would be in your best intrests, tomb doesnt do much either tbh, but meh. So yeah replace awfulRachi.

If you want a rest talker in its place ;

Kingdra@Leftovers
    168 HP / 188 Atk / 152 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Sniper
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Dance
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Bump your gliscors speed to 308 and use a jolly nature or ice punch Lucario goes lololol.

This is one of those "balanced teams" which are easilly stalled and easilly swept, you are best picking offense or stall. =x

Ill come back for a better rate later.

Advice taken for Glisor, but what should I kill Spiritomb off with?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Not a lot of fire power on this team...It's way too defensive, and like D_A said, you're easily set up on.

I like taunt over > SR as well on Gliscor, or else he turns into an uber set-up fodder.

CroRachi needs to go...It's not doing much, and can be replaced with a more powerful sweeper to give you some offense that this team definitely needs. There's a bunch of options here, I can't really name them all =(

Defensive isn't really viable anymore with todays attack-oriented metagame. To copy D_A again, either go with full-out stall or add some offense.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • CBChamp >> CroRachi.

Machamp @ Choice Band
    Adamant / Guts
    EV's: 128 HP / 252 Attack / 128 Speed
    -Close Combat
    -Payback
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunderpunch

As stated earlier, you're TTar weak.
    (Vance, you seriously say that too much. :#)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • CBChamp >> CroRachi.

Machamp @ Choice Band
    Adamant / Guts
    EV's: 128 HP / 252 Attack / 128 Speed
    -Close Combat
    -Payback
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunderpunch

As stated earlier, you're TTar weak.
    (Vance, you seriously say that too much. :#)

Done :P And D_A, if you could give me the EV Spread for 308 Spe Glisor I'd appreciate it :P

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Wait, there's a Smogon set specifically for countering Ice Punch (or HP Ice) Lucario. Shift 12 of its Defense EV's into Attack so that OHKOing it with Earthquake is assured. The rest is fine as is. (It says to run 218 Speed, but 218 / 4 = 54.5, so it's just 2 extra EV's that do moot. 216 is fine; it makes no difference anyway.)

DarkTyphlosion157

All-Mighty Idiot
    Years
  • Make sure to run your own calcs before fulling listening to Smogon, mind.

Prefer if you went a bit close to equalizing HP and Defence on Gliscor. But thats just me.

SpAtk is absolutely useless with Garchom: P being uber now. It was useless as soon as YacheChomp became popular to be honest 124 HP/252 Def/132 SpDef is superior really, Vaporeon finds itself taking on more special attackers nowadays. Protect over Ice Beam/Toxic.

Oh yeah, and CBChamp isn't really that great at stopping Tyranitar.

Also you have problems with Scizor, Gliscor isn't that good of a counter from my experience, and Ice Punch Heracross weak.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Wow, you have 1 *counts again* yes 1 special sweeper :P

Vappy goes bye bye and physical walls/tanks block about everything you can throw.

Your also very defensive orientated, with the use of 3 known physical walls

As to WHAT to put in place of the others, I'm not sure, as I haven't taken an extremely hard glare at your team.

Years
  • Wow, you have 1 *counts again* yes 1 special sweeper :P

Vappy goes bye bye and physical walls/tanks block about everything you can throw.

Your also very defensive orientated, with the use of 3 known physical walls

As to WHAT to put in place of the others, I'm not sure, as I haven't taken an extremely hard glare at your team.

Look on the bright...Less Blissey fodder. IMO Dynamicpunch>CC for Machamp with No Guard but if you need to stay with CC. I s'pose Guts is needed?

Years
  • True, CB Champ is unable to counter TTar as reliably as it should. I really suggest going with the ResTalk set. If you still want a Choice Bander, then CBSnorlax is a viable option. Especially with either Pursuit/Explosion, you are able to take out all Psychic/Ghost or Special threats respectively.

I'll give you the sets, should you choose to use them.

Last edited:
    Back