• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Newest Fakemons

yogamoanyo

Surfing the Wind
Years
  • Hello! I believe I posted a thread months ago with some crappy fakemon I made. Well, I've practiced a little and think I've gotten better. I don't have much to show, but more will be added soon. I would like criticism, if that's ok. :D

My Newest Fakemons

[Nameless] is a Poison type, who evolves into [Nameless] which is Grass/Poison at Lvl. 21.

My Newest Fakemons

Murshy is a Poison type, who evolves into Murbiblurshy which is Poison/Fighting at Lvl. 32.

I hope you like! ;)

Pokekoks

Sprite'n'animation by me.
    Years
  • Your nameless fakemon have too bright contours, the shading isn't bad.
    Murshy has all contours black... You should color them. And its evo... It is Murshy with torso and climbers.

But these are good, keep practicing

Years
  • My Newest Fakemons

The shading in the purple area isn't really that bad. You made the top/left outline darker than the body and the lower/right outline darker than everything else, but there should be more contrast so you can more easily see that there is an outline. Right now it gets a little lost since it's only one degree of shading away. This wouldn't be a problem, but you have too many shades that are too similar to each other.

You have 6 shades of purple on this sprite. You really don't need more than 4 shade of any single color and most sprites can get away with 3. (Some have only two or one of a particular color, but those are usually for small areas or sprites with lots of different colors.)

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • Pretty much of this has been said already, but on the purple one, you use too many shades of purple, try with only 3, maybe 4. Besides, the outlining is too bright.

On the other one, the outlining is, well, black. You need to color it.

You do seem to understand the concept of shading pretty well, you just need to try with fewer shades of one color, 6 is too much. Look at original Pokémon sprites and maybe try to draw them, that's a good way to learn how to sprite and shade properly. It also teaches you how to color the outlines.

Back