• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My old pokemon Idea pre black and white.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    Really just an idea of a Pokemon game i would love to see created. Comments are very appreciated!

Graphics/Visuals-

Full 3D Environments
    Lots of detail, color. ( When your on a mountain side you can see miles out and looks amazing, Water Deep blue, Sun Rays Ect…)
    Environments- Valleys, Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Creeks, Waterfalls, Caves, Mountains, Crags, Beaches, Ocean, Tropical Islands, Dense Forests, Volcanoes, Grasslands, Plains, Desserts, Snow covered areas.

Character/Customization-

Full 3D customization- Height, Weight, Skin color, Eye color, Hair style and color.
    Clothing- Hats, Shirts, Coats, Pants, Shorts, Skirts. (Unlock more and special outfits through out the game)
    In the beginning you can choose the color for your Poke ball. Which can be changed anytime. It only changes basic poke balls, does not affect any other type.

Trainer/Stats-

As you progress through the game your character grows levels as a trainer. You can experience by….
    Low Exp- Winning Battles, Discovering Places and hidden places on the map, Catching basic Pokemon, Completing easy level quests/side missions.
    Mid Exp- Capturing rare to evolved Pokemon, Finding Rare items, Beating mid level trainers, Completing mid level quests/side missions.
    High Exp- Winning Gym Badges, Evolving Pokemon, Capturing High level/Legendary Pokemon, Beating the Elite Four in any Zone, Completing High level quests/side missions.
    The higher your trainer level the more areas, items and titles.
    Areas such as, orange islands, areas where you can catch rare/legendary pokemon. Also unlock paths in a forest that were not visible or accessible before.
    Items can only be used or obtained at a certain level. Masterballs can only be used at a high level.
    Titles are obtained through various acts throughout the game. There will be thousands of titles depending on what you accomplish or desire.
    Character Starting Regions/Areas-

Starting Region to choose from, Hoenn, Johto, Kanto, Sinnoh.
    Hoenn starting Pokemon, Mudkip, Treecko, Torchic.
    Johto starting Pokemon, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Chikorita.
    Kanto starting Pokemon, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle.
    Sinnoh starting Pokemon, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup.
    Cities- Full 3D buildings, Lots of people in major cities with pokemon. Some trainers to battle in cities.
    Towns-Small scale to cities. Some people and pokemon. More dirt roads and grass than cities.
    After beating the Championship in an region you will be able to travel to a different Region of your choice. You will have to beat that area b4 you are allowed to go to a new region. But you are allowed to return to your original starting region. For example if you choose Kanto in the beginning and you beat the elite four there you will be allowed to choose between the other 3 regions. Some areas and places are only unlocked after you have beaten the championship in each of the 4 regions. For example the orange islands will only be able to be accessible when you have defeated all of the regions.

Routes-

Large scale routes. No more 3 min walks and your to the next place. Long trails with many different directions. For example when you are walking from Pallet Town to Viridian City you might come to a fork in the road with 3 different directions. Left could be a open field with grass type pokemon. Center could be a dense forest that runs into a river which you could run into a house along the way. Right could be a mountain side with a huge waterfall that you have to walk under.
    Another example would be walking through Mt Moon, could have 3 different exits that take you to different types of areas giving you a new way to travel if you replay the game or go back to it in the future.
    Depending on where you go can unlock special side quests/missions.

Side Quests/Missions-

Tons of different types of missions can be found throughout the game. Depending on where you go or what you do can change missions.
    For example, walking through a forest and coming upon a house, the lady inside or outside could ask you for help. She might need you to battle a pokemon. Another example is a man in a valley who is being chased by a Steelix and needs your help in defeating it.
    Also quests can be chain quests. If you help this guy beat Steelix he might ask you for help later or is friend in a different city might ask you for help.
    Also completing quests gives you trainer experience. Also Fame experience is achieved. You can unlock titles with this and people will recognize you throughout the world the higher your level.
    Also Some quests can add reputation to different factions throughout the game.

Factions-

Factions include, Team Aqua, Magma, Rocket and many others such as Pokemon fan clubs, Cities, Towns, Villages and much more.
    Reputation can be gained or lost depending on the missions choices.
    For example if you help out team aqua instead of magma you will be increased in the reputation and decreased in magmas.
    Helping out factions for an extended period of time and gaining high reputation can unlock special items and clothing also receive rare pokemon.
    Also if you are friends or enemies of a faction can change missions/side quests. Some areas might be free to roam and everyone is friendly others might be hostile and everyone wants to battle you.

Pokemon/Misc-

Wild Pokemon throughout the game are found in tall, medium grass height. Just like in previous Game boy games. Some paths might be clear road with no chance of a wild pokemon attacking you. Others might be over grown and covered with tall grass where many wild pokemon will attack. Forests are usually covered in a thick overgrowth were wild pokemon attack. Caves wont be a random attack anymore, it will also have grass. Water will stay a random attack.
    Pokemon Mounts- Some Pokemon will be able to be used as mounts to ride. Such as a bike some pokemon will be faster or slower than a bike. Pokemon such as Arcanine, Steelix, Dodrio, Rhyhorn, Tauros, and many more. Depending on your trainer level will allow you the ability to ride your pokemon. Arcanine might be a level 40 mount as Steelix might be a level 60. Depends on the speed of the pokemon and rarity.
    Pokemon Surfing and flying will be the actual Pokemon you call out. When you fly to a city you actually fly with the pokemon you call out. After you beat an area and at a certain trainer level in the game you will be able to free fly with your pokemon. Surfing will remain the same expect, you will be riding or holding on to the pokemon you choose. No more platform looking object.
    Pokemon voices throughout the game will be of the actual pokemon. No more random weird sounds.
    All pokemon will be allowed to walk next to you. Only one Pokemon at a time.
    You will be able to purchase houses throughout the game as well. Where you can store treasures, trophies and many more objects throughout the game. The higher your trainer level the better objects and houses you can unlock.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    Sounds pretty perfect lol I would REALLY like to see something like this.

Unfortunately the designers are still pretty limited with how much data they can put in these games as far as I know.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Sounds like too much data thrown into one cartridge. I think there was at least one person that works for gamefreak wanted all regions but someone told them what I pretty much said--too much data thrown into one cartridge. It does sound like a good idea, I would love to customize my character to look like me though.

:t354:TG

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
    THANK YOU.
    Someone with good ideas is someone I respect very much.
    And trainer customisation would be absolutely BRILLIANT. (Especially after the Male in D/P)

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    To everyone who's saying too much data:

I don't remember where but I recall reading that they only use about 10-20% of the DS cartridges memory. I'll try to find the link/article later.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    Someone should email this to game-freak and the Pokemon company. All of these are great ideas. I'm pretty sure they could have implemented some of these ideas across all generations. A good example is the Final Fantasy games. Why they haven't I'm not sure.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Average tool on this forum:

LOTS OF DATA DATA DATA TOO MUCH DATA

Oh my god.

OT: Great idea but should only be made into a Pokemon MMORPG, because the single player simply focuses on Pokemon battling. This approach would just be a waste of time on a handheld imo.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    haha yea i never intended for this idea to be handheld. i agree if they could pull an idea like this off for an MMO id be happy. But i was trying to get a perfect single player game everyones been waiting for since forever lol

Also Thank You to everyone else for the positive comments!

Last edited:
    Back