• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"My online friend told me..."

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Yeah, I do. But I make sure to just refer to them as "friends" rather than "online friends." Because that sounds awkward and is liable to get you a few weird looks, I've found. But if someone asks me to go more into detail, I will reveal that they're people I know exclusively from the internet. Only if I am pressed though. Most people don't, so it's all good.

I don't really care if people judge me for considering my online friends to be just as valuable as real friends, but I would prefer to avoid the awkwardness because it gets annoying sometimes.

My family does know about my online friends. They didn't in the past, but it became hard to hide once the voice chats started. Although they were cautious, they didn't really try to stop me due to their laxness. It's impossible for them not to know I have online friends now anyway, since one of them has moved in with us. Pretty obvious at this point. Though once I shacked up with him, it was at a point in my life where I had pretty much lost all of my friends period. He's my only friend at this moment.

Back