• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Photography

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Here's some or my Photography! I use a Canon EOS 1000D with my nifty fifty lense 50mm EF. My main subjects are animals and plants mainly, though there are a couple portraits in there too.

My Photography

My Photography

My Photography

My Photography

My Photography

My Photography

My Photography

My Photography

My Photography

My Photography

Construcive critism please!

Years
  • Lovely to see a new person posting their photography. Ok, so here goes the commenting on your photos.

first picture
    Nice picture. The two problems I have with this is the left hand side of the cat is a little dark; around the eye. A little bit camera editing could have solved this. The other point is the floor. I know you are going for a blurred, depth of field style, but it is a little too blurred and it looks like the light reflection from the cat is causing the lens to get confused. Looking like it is merging the floor with the side of the cat.

Second picture
    This picture is done better than the first, but, past the face, the rest of the cat is blurred. I don't know if that is what you were going for, but with a bit of manual focus, the majority of the cat could have been in focus and the rest of the background would be blurred.

Third picture
    I do like this picture and, unlike the previous picture, it works well that the rest of the cat is blurred. However, I would have liked to have seen the outline of the cat more focused and not blurred. The edge of the cats face is a little fuzzy and doesn't stand out as much as it could.

Fourth picture
    My favorite picture of the lot. Focus is lovely and lighting is spot on.

Fifth picture
    Good picture, however, like the third picture, the back of the cat is fuzzy, a bit more focusing could solve this. Also, the white block is a little distracting for me. :/

Sixth picture
    Beautiful picture. For me, the focusing, lighting and everything else are spot on.

Seventh picture
    For me, a pretty plane and simple picture with, what I think, is a graphical add on that ruins it more :/

Eighth picture
    Interesting idea. Not sure what to make of it, I guess it is more of the arty road.

Ninth picture
    I am guessing that is you? Can't say much really. Seems like a standard profile picture. You look lovely though =]

Tenth picture
    Could have been a nice picture, but the focusing is rather out in my opinion. The flower is supost to be the main focus of the picture with the web being the background but blurred, correct?
    It just seems like a bit of lazy focusing in my opinion.

I know I have been rather harsh there, but don't get the wrong idea. Those are lovely pictures. I would love to see you take pictures of different things, instead of animals. Get out there and just wander around with you camera =]

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Last edited:

ChariChu

~ take a drink from my hands
    Years
  • Those are some very beautiful cats - all yours?

The sixth photo with the flower on the floor is just gorgeous.

Keep it up =]

sirindair

Not Here
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2011
    Oh wow. Your cats are beautiful. And I noticed all their eyes are blue.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • I don't believe in critiquing people's art/photos, but I'd like to say that as a fellow pet photographer I love all your kitty photos. :-)
    Beautiful!

Tribal Ebony

Blood is always satisfactory.
    Years
  • Yes, lovely cats. I surely think that the first picture is fine with the darkness around the left eye of the cat because it looks more natural. The second picture is perfect, and the eyes are like wow. Oh also, you look very pretty. :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2011
    Hi! I'm new here!
    I want to congratulate you for you beautiful photos!
    Nice colors and focusing...

G/ i /o

Back