• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My pixels: let me show you them

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2015
    OK, cliche title aside. I'm both a pokemon fan and a pixel artist. This is, however, essentially my first serious foray into proper pokemon-styled sprites. These two are flatworm-based, ground/dark type. I'm really not sure how close I got on the style--the dark grey palette is a modification of sheviper's.
    And, to round out the four sprite requirement, are a couple of non-pokemon-styled pokemon avatars which I made for a fad on Pixelation a few months back. Feel free to use Scyther for an avatar or whatever provided you credit Scarodactyl/Redshrike. Kabutops is all mine...;)

Attachments

• My pixels: let me show you them
      pokemenz4.PNG
      1.5 KB · Views: 20
      kabutops2.png
      3.2 KB · Views: 98
      scytherfour.PNG
      3.3 KB · Views: 99
    Last edited:

LifeUpStudios

Cheater Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    They look pretty cool. Another form of snake instead of just Ekans and Arbok.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    These are some really nice pieces. Your shading may be different to nintendo's but it's still amazing to look at. The only flaw I would guess there is on your fakemon is that they're just...not colourful enough.

And your avatars, they're quite the feat. Massing outlines may be one thing usually misunderstood, but it suits pixel art like this. There may be some exaggeration in the luster-type of shading, but if that's just the way you roll, it's okay. The pose is also natural (even though Scyther reminds me of it's RBY version).

Your pixelwork is pretty balanced on its own and it gives out a unique style. In other words (ie) I could see another pokemon PA somewhere, notice the shading and say "Hey, that's Scarosactyl's art!"

I hope you share some more of your work anytime soon. Until then, good luck!

Back