• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokemon Gallery

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
    This is a collection of my Pokemon (and non-Pokemon) drawings.
    Comments and constructive criticism welcome.

*UPDATE to pokemon section*

Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Fake Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Non-Pokemon related:
    Spoiler:

Craft Projects:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    These are good but if I was being very critical I'd say your shiny charizard is a bit to dark which kind of doesn't make the eyes stand out or the eyes should be a little bit more reddish (don't take anything personalits just my opinion)
    everything is perfect though for shape and everything maybe chimchar head is little bit too pointy
    I love celebi,beedrill,lucario and mew the most ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    i would have to say Mew and Celebi are my favorite
    and i agree shiny charizard is a bit too dark, but rest okay
    Raikou's head seems a bit too small

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Larvitar doesn't show up. I agree with the others in saying Shinyzard is a little sloppily colored, but otherwise you have some very good skills with a colored pencil! I recommend working on your anatomy, though, and how the characters move. A few of the characters' faces are messed up (the Chimchar comes to mind) and their bodies moving rather strangely (such as the rather stiff Lucario and bendy-necked Rapidash - I'm fairly sure horses have straighter necks than that. D: ).

Bottom line:
    you're very good, but remember to take another look at your sketches before you color them in to see if anything looks unnatural.

blackmoonflower

Years
    These are good but if I was being very critical I'd say your shiny charizard is a bit to dark which kind of doesn't make the eyes stand out or the eyes should be a little bit more reddish (don't take anything personalits just my opinion)
    everything is perfect though for shape and everything maybe chimchar head is little bit too pointy

i agree shiny charizard is a bit too dark, but rest okay
    Raikou's head seems a bit too small

Larvitar doesn't show up. I agree with the others in saying Shinyzard is a little sloppily colored, but otherwise you have some very good skills with a colored pencil! I recommend working on your anatomy, though, and how the characters move. A few of the characters' faces are messed up (the Chimchar comes to mind) and their bodies moving rather strangely (such as the rather stiff Lucario and bendy-necked Rapidash - I'm fairly sure horses have straighter necks than that. D: ).

Chimchar did come out a little pointy, and the eyes might be slightly out of place, but that's just my rendition of it.

The scanner morphed shinyzard's colors slightly, so my apologies.

Raikou's head is a little small, but I thought it looked cute, so I kept it.

Larvitar isn't showing up? It's there, so I don't know why you can't see it.

The flame on Rapidash's neck makes it look kinda curvy, but I thought it looked alright.

Thank you all for your opinions, and I'll try to improve. But, I'm not Ken Sugimori, they're just my personal renditions.

Years
    A few of the characters' faces are messed up (the Chimchar comes to mind) and their bodies moving rather strangely (such as the rather stiff Lucario and bendy-necked Rapidash - I'm fairly sure horses have straighter necks than that. D: ).

I think the phrase "messed up" is a bit overexaggerated. And you need to note that Rapidash's flames is like a mohawk, it's centered along it's spine. I can see it's structure.

Overall, these are the best I have seen on this site. I love the Beedrill and Larvitar the best. Everyone has their own style, no one is Ken but Ken himself, and I like to see other styles rather than Ken, Ken, Ken.

Oh, I am a artist myself, so I know what I am talking about. ;]

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
    Nice, the poses are interesting and your shading is really good, have you ever considered investing in some markers?
    I think they'd give your work a nice finish, thats all. ^^~

Also, if you want something to do i wouldn't mind seeing a tyranitar or Magikarp :) Your Larvitar looks epic~
    And a little tip that i know helps me, when you think you're done sketching, why not try turning the page upside down or, looking at the image in a mirror. you'll see 'mistakes' in it alot more easily ^^~ Hope that helps you!

blackmoonflower

Years
    Thanks for the advice, Trent. I do have some markers, but I prefer working with pencils.

*writes down requests on list* Okay, I'll get to them as soon as possible. Thanks for the praise, Gale. ^_^

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Rucario

Spoiler:

Raikou
    Spoiler:

Beedrill
    Spoiler:

Rapidash
    Spoiler:

I may do the rest somewhat later :D

But THUMBS UP. You're very talented.

blackmoonflower

Years
    Thanks for the ratings. I'm glad you liked them. ^_^

Yeah, some of them didn't turn out quite as I planned, but I'm still learning.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I'm impressed with your coloring techniques, though the structure of the Pokemon could be considered somewhat awkward by those who are picky about accuracy. I find Lucario's pose to be a bit uncomfortable-looking and the outline of Shiny Charizard stands out in a bit of an intrusive way, and for some reason Celebi lacks the elegance it boasts in the anime. I suppose those are the things you could work on though I don't like to tell people how to ~do their arts,~ just giving my two Yen. (I very much adore your rendition of Larvitar, by the way, everything about it.)

blackmoonflower

Years
    I've finally gotten the drawings done. Sorry if any of them look awkward. Never drew any of these before. And my scanner is crap...

Anyway, on to the art!

Magikarp:
    Spoiler:

Tyranitar:
    Spoiler:

Aron:
    Spoiler:

Back