• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] My Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time Review

Years
    Mystery Dunteon Review

First of all, I'm not sure that this particular post belongs in this section. I just joined the site so if I need to move this please tell me.

WARNING: SPOILERS

I know that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time is not a super recent game but I can't forget all the memories I had with it and I just HAD to do a review.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time is a very fun game. In the beginning of this game you take a small personality quiz, and a Pokemon is chosen for you to play as depending on your quiz results. You then get a small selection of Pokemon that you can choose one of as your partner. In this game, you're a Pokemon instead of a trainer. My first starter was Munchlax and my partner was Chimchar. I was into Star Wars so I named my Muchlax C-3PO and my Chimchar Luke, partly after Luke Skywalker but also after my Infernape on Diamond that I'd raised to lvl 100 myself with no rare candies or action replay or any other cheats.

I'm not going to do a huge walkthrough of this game, but I do want to talk about some of the memories I have.

I remember when I first started out (beginning of 7th grade autumn of 2008), I would be so absorbed in my game that when my mother wanted to take me clothes shopping I would be standing with her paying no attention to the stores and just staring at my DS. Even the lady at the checkout counter thought that it was funny.

One night I was watching TV (Family Guy, Degrassi, That 70's Show) until about 1 AM. At this time my younger sister (who I share a room with) woke up so I had to turn the TV off. I instead opted to play Mystery Dungeon. I was still somewhere around the beginning, and I played until 6:30 AM that morning. At maybe 3 or 4 I had gotten to the cave where you see all of the Illumise and Volbeat and I thought it was so beautiful that I woke my sister up to show her. That was incredibly fun for me. I had school the next day, and I was so tired I could hardly get up. I got about a half hour of sleep that morning.

As all people do, I had my frustrations trying to get through certain places. It took me awhile to get through Temporal Tower, and when I finally got up to fight Primal Dialga I was outside of my former middle school ditching out on an after school catch-up program. That was when I finally defeated Primal Dialga and was still a little teary eyed from watching Grovyle go, so when my original Pokemon left I cried again. It was amazing when she came back.

Every time I eat gummi bears I call them "goomi bears" because of Manaphy's whole blue gummi ordeal. I didn't like the Surrounded Sea, because my partner was fire type and kept dying, and I didn't really have any other Pokemon strong enough to travel with. I ended up re-starting my game after that.

I replayed until I got through all the places again, and I took FOREVER (literally months because I kept giving up for weeks at a time) to defeat the Guild. It was easy for me the 1st time but after I restarted it was really hard for some reason. I of course named my Pokemon Luke and C-3PO except this time they're a Chimchar and a Piplup. I also finished the
    Surrounded Sea. I'm currently at the Ruins and haven't played for a few months.

On April 23rd this year I bought Explorers of Sky and I'm not very far in that (still the very beginning missions lol) I have a Chimchar named Luke and a Piplup named C-3PO.

Anyway I found this game fun and surprisingly sad. It's the first game ever to make me cry and I still get really sad just hearing Grovyle's theme. Kingdom Hearts is in my opinion the saddest game ever, but Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time is a close second.

It's 12:40 AM where I live, so I'm gonna wait until 1 AM and try to re-play that one night where I stayed up the whole time playing Mystery Dungeon. Since I'm in the beginning of the game I may get exactly to where I was before.

I don't have ANYTHING bad at all to say about this game, the whole thing was absolutely amazing. I recommend it to every Pokemon/gaming fan who is up for something sad.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not sure what to do about this.

For one thing, this really isn't a fanfiction. You're just talking about your experiences playing the game. It's more of a review than an actual story.

If you want to talk about your experiences playing the game instead of writing a story about PMD, try your luck in this section. It'll probably fit over better there, though I can't point out exactly where to go from there.

I'm leaving this open, though, because this still could be a story. It's really your choice, OP.

Back