• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Rain Dance team =3

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2009
    Looking for good rates peoplz!

"Elechode" - Electrode
    Item: Damp Rock
    Ability: Static
    Nature: Jolly
    EV: 252 hit points|84 attack|172 speed
    *Rain Dance
    *Light Screen
    *Taunt
    *Exploogion

Basic lead. I want to help the special defense of my team, so instead of Thunder as usual I put Light Screen instead. Plus I really don't see Elechode living that lonh anyways ;^_^

"AC/DC" - Zapdos
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Modest
    EV: 84 hit points|172 speed|252 special attack
    *Thunder
    *Thunderbolt
    *Hidden Power -Ground-
    *U-Turn

This little birdie is supposed to come in to be the janitor or deal some heavy damage to my opponent. The best Thunder on Over Used in my opinion. Hidden Power -Ground- is because this guy outruns Scarf Heatran and it has good coverage with Electric. Luckily I have a bunch of ways around Gliscor. (If you're wondering about the name, 'Thunderstruck')

"Lump" - Gastrodon
    Item: Damp Rock
    Ability: Sticky Hold
    Nature: Bold
    EV: 212 hit points|160 defense|136 special defense
    *Rain Dance
    *Counter
    *Mirror Coat
    *Recover

My second Rain Dance user. Kind o' iffy on this one, but I like how he counters Trick users (Rotoms especially). If something is using a move to hit him and it's obvious, she can just counter the attack and take out something that's coming in for an easy kill and heal the damage off later. I have yet to figure out what it should survive though, any suggestions for the EVs?

"I Can't See" - Starmie
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Timid
    EV: 8 hit points|32 defense|216 speed|252 special attack
    *Surf
    *Thunderbolt
    *Ice Beam
    *Recover

I always wondered how Starmie managed to hit anything without eyes o.o I like a Life Orb set with good stability. Helps finish off weakened teams or a team that just lost its only special defense wall.

"I'm So Standard" - Kingdra
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Modest
    EV: 120 defense|16 speed|252 special attack|120 special defense
    *Surf
    *Outrage
    *Draco Meteor
    *Waterfall

As I said he's on just about every Rain Dance team. Not much to be said as he is my main sweeper.

"I'm Not So Standard" - Swampert
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Adamant
    EV: 160 hit points|252 attack|92 speed
    *Waterfall
    *Earthquake
    *Avalanche
    *Stealth Rock/Outrage

As I said he's on just about every Rain Dance team. Wait. No, no he isn't. Most wouldn't expect Swampert to be a powerhouse; especially after I send him in to just put up rocks. After that he provides the physical support my party needs since it's almost all special ;^_^

-~*~-
    What does everyone think!?!? I want it to be slightly unique though Kingdra doesn't really help :x

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    Put DD on kingdra, over draco meteor maybe. Surf is nearly as strong in the rain anyways.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    Thunderbolt on Starmie? You mean Thunder, right?

Also, take out Thunderbolt on Zapdos. Use Thunder, HP Ice, Roost, and a move of your choosing. I would say Heat Wave, but it's a Rain Team.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • =D I see AC/DC. You mean those power thingos, right? =P

I dunno, but you might want Psychic on Starmie for extra STAB. :\

Put Rash over Modest on Kingdra, as Modest lowers attack and makes your Waterfall and Outrage moot.

blazeape

Man......Its hot in here.
    Years
  • First post evar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!11111!!!

Anyways Taunt would totaly screw that gastradon over

But other than that your taem isn't that bad I guess

Rhys29

Kakuna=BestWallEver
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    First post evar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!11111!!!

Your parent's must be proud.

Anyways Taunt would totaly screw that gastradon over
    In no way would it. Counter and Mirror Coat are technically attacks so it wouldn't effect those two moves. I have actually used this set to great success.

Your Kingdra set needs work with the moveset: Outrage should be replaced with Hidden Power [Grass/Electric]. I would say Grass as you team has no way to take out Swampert without it. You will also want Rain Dance > Waterfall so you won't be pushing for switching immediately from Gastrodon to Kingdra for the clean up sweep.

Swampert should run Stone Edge. It gives you excellent coverage and hits rediculously hard. If you want to see why I say this, click <removed link>. I was interested in how well your team would work so I gave it a test run with some modifications.

With some Ev work your team could improve as well but I am not in the mood to do specific Ev's/stay awake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Just a suggestion.

A Toxicroak works well on a rain dance team btw.

Toxicroak @ Choice Band/Muscle Band
    Dry Skin
    Adamant/Jolly
    6HP/252Atk/252Spe
    - Cross Chop
    - Stone Edge
    - Sucker Punch
    - Earthquake/Poison Jab

Just a small suggestion.

Back