• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My ROMhack Wishlist

TheUnit684

Heedrim
Years
  • Ullo, ullo. There are a good amount of ROMhacks out there, and sometimes, it's hard to know the good from the...not so good. I've downloaded and played a few here and there, but now its time to get "serious". I'm looking for a ROMhack to do a playthrough of on my YouTube channel, but I am not familiar with the large variety that's out there. Thus, I have turned to this community to get an idea of the kind of ROMhack that fits what I'm looking for. Below I've got the desired "ness" for the ROMhack I'll play, and I'd really appreciate if you could point me towards one that'll fit the bill. :D

1. Good. I would like the ROMhack to actually be a good hack, as in, actually interesting and entertaining.

2. Different. I would like the ROMhack to not be any kind of remake or redo of a main series Pokemon game.

3. Ungrindy. Some of the ROMhacks I've played in the past have required a great deal of grinding to keep up with. While I don't mind doing a little bit of grinding, I really do not want that in a Pokemon game, and it will mess with the pace of the videos or something I guess.

4. GBA. I use Visualboy Advance for my emulator, I couldn't get a DS emulator to run smoothly, probably because my computer's a bit on the flubbier side.

That's about it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and I apologize if this is in the wrong section or if it's like outside the rules or something. :P

Years
  • I've approved this thread because I think it can flourish into a nice discussion, but I'd like to deter people from simply listing hacks that meet this criteria, and instead discuss the merits of said criteria and whatnot. If you wish to discuss your favourite hacks, threads already exist in this section for that.

That being said, I'd be interested to see you elaborate on what you mean by "good" when referring to hacks.

Back