• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen My save file deleted after beating the E4

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    So i was playing with Emerald, and i finally reached the champion, and to keep spoilers out of this topic i'm not going to say who the champion is. Anyway, after beating the champion, my pokemon were introduced into the Hall of Fame and i watched the ending. I rushed trough the intro, i was in the mood to catch Groudon & Kyogre! But then i got this message:

"the save file has been erased due to corruption or damage"

WHAT? After staring at the "New Game" and "Option" button for a few minutes, i knew for sure it was GONE. For good.
    There's no going back. And i have to deal with it.

I'm not going to cry or something, but i do feel horribly frustrated. It took me 27 hours to get this far, and now it's all wasted. I quickly checked the cartridge.... no signs of damage, nowhere. It never had any damage on it whatsoever.
    Also, the cartridge is new. It's not like it got corrupted because i have it for a long time.

I had this message before though:

"The save file is corrupted. The previous save will be loaded"

But i was okay with that. I always double-saved. It never bothered me too much. I'm sure it is erased because of that, but then again, why did it always appear? There's absolutely nothing wrong with my cartridge.

It never happened with my Ruby cartridge. That one was, and still is, perfectly fine.

Farewell, my precious save file... Those were the best and most powerful Pokemon i ever had in any version.

------
    Rest In Peace - Sam's save file
    Born: ‎August 21 ‎2007
    Died: September 9 2007
    Starter: Rex (Thyplosion) lvl 59
    Legendary: Rayquaza lvl 71
    Time: 27 hours

YOU WILL BE MISSED
    ------

Amarillo Del Bosque Verde

The not so gentle giant.......
    Years
    too bad...

Damn that sucks, the only game that ever seems to crash like that for anybody i know is emerald, everything works great for me. Where did you buy it from, maybe it's a crappy copy?

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
    So, your starter was a Cyndaquil? :/

It would make a lot of sense if you were playing an emulator, because if you don't change settings for PKMN games, your safe file will indeed crash after the E4. And oubviously, you can't get a Cyndaquil, unless you have full pokedex, which is impossible before the E4.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I have a Sapphire copy that says "The save file is corrupted. The game can be played". Either the save file is there or it is gone. The copy was probably home made and they inserted an old battery or something.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    well...that really sucks. but you know what? thats why stores such as GameStop exist, right? just get a new one. it may not be the same, but at least you can be guarenteed a new copy is something should happen. i'd also get a GameShark so you can back-up your files.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    How do you back-up your files? Can you copy the save file to something, like another cartridge.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    yeah my emerald emulator always crashes when i get to the battle frontier which is really gay because thats where the fun starts haha. so now im considering getting the game and a ds so i can get D/P aswell (D/P looks awesome with the starters) but yeah i feel your pain, after all that playing its all gone like that! just sucks

Back