• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team for black.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    Rate and opinion :)

Zangoose Level 73. Razor Claw.
    Immunity.
    Poison Jab, Thunderbolt, X-Scissor, Close combat.

Volcarona level 72. Flame Plate.
    Flame Body.
    Fly, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Bug Buzz.

Metagross Level 62. Twisted Spoon.
    Clear Body.
    Psychic, Flash Cannon, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt.

Tyranitar Level 70. Earth Plate.
    Sand Stream.
    Stone Edge, Dark Pulse, Earthquake, Giga Impact.

Redeye(Basculin) Level 71. Lucky Egg.
    Reckless
    Surf, Thrash, Aqua Tail, Crunch.

Sawk Level 65. Exp Share.
    Sturdy.
    Brick Break, Giga Impact, Close combat, Reversal.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Replace Heat Wave with Psychic (don't need 2 moves of the same type) and Fly with Quiver Dance via move relearner (Fly doesn't help type coverage at all, once Psychic is added) on Volcarona.

Return is a better option than Giga Impact on Tyranitar once its happiness is ~200, which it should be by now.

Since Metagross has a higher Attack than Special Attack, Psychic and Flash Cannon should be replaced to avoid redundancy. I recommend a moveset of Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, Agility, and either Return or Meteor Mash for it. (While Meteor Mash is generally the better option, Return is 100% accurate and neither has any major coverage problems. Keep in mind that if you run Return, level grinding at Giant Chasm will be a LOT harder as it can't hit the wild Solrock and Lunatone that well.)

For your Basculin, I recommend Waterfall, Thrash, Crunch, and... well, it doesn't learn moves of any other types, other than Rest, Toxic, egg moves, and Ice Beam. The first two are a bad idea due to its low defenses, egg moves cannot be obtained obviously, and Ice Beam runs off its lower attacking stat and does nearly nothing for type coverage. If its ability is Reckless (or Rock Head, but Rock Head Basculin are blue-striped) then it can run Double-Edge instead of Thrash. I'm stumped as for the last move...

Sawk's moveset is horrible, so I suggest Brick Break, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Return. Brick Break can be replaced by Low Sweep if you feel you need to lower your opponent's speed.

Back