• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team hates hazards

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
  • Thanks for the rate. I forgot to edit Blaziken's item. So far this team has had some wins and some losses. I think the losses are due to my being new to battling and they will improve as I battle even more. The only major problem I see with this team is StallRein who completely walls this team.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • If you attempt to keep Froslass alive for more than the first few turns of battle, it can Taunt Stallrein and nearly completely cripple it. Toxic Spikes also beat Stallrein, so you could consider a Toxic Spikes user over Froslass as your lead. Omastar can come back in with both Toxic Spikes and Spikes instead of Stealth Rock, which Rhyperior already uses. Also Venusaur walls any Surf versions of Stallrein, and Blizzard versions are dealt with by Blaziken, who can tear large holes into it with Stone Edge. (dont use superpower because i dont think it OHKOs iirc). Stallrein also relies on T-Spikes support, which Venusaur takes, and Blastoise can spin off Spikes and/or SR that is set up to help out Stallrein.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • With Venusaur abusing Sleep Powder, I personally think it needs a Jolly Nature for that extra thrust of Speed.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Jolly > Adamant on Gallade. At +2 plus the Life Orb boost, you have enough power, so a plus Speed nature would be nice.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I think that Adamant on Gallade is fine since you do have Shadow Sneak for priority. Jolly on Venusaur does outpace Jolly Honchkrow though. However, Jolly or Adamant on Venusaur is your call, since Honchkrow beats you regardless so you shouldnt have to worry about outspeeding it.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • With Jolly nature, what will I be able to outspeed?
    More than what you'll be able to outspeed now. But as slow as Venusaur is, then unless your enemy is running Adamant / Modest with 90 Base Speed, then having Speed EVs is useless.

There's either the extra Speed Boost, or sacrificing the Speed that's already there (Trust me, you're not outspeeding ANYTHING with only 80 Base Speed) and making it a somewhat Bulky Attacker with some HP for better survivability.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I say no because 252 Spe Venusaur can tie with Blaziken. Actually, you could use Jolly if you want to outspeed mixed LO Blaziken (usually does not run +Spe nature) and kill him off with Earthquake.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Who think I should replace the 252 Spe EV's with 252 HP?
    it really need 252 Spe so it can shut down neutral base 75 Spe and lower with Sleep Powder and sets up SD Easier. and its stupid to use 252 HP when it has Life Orb = ="

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    Gallade and Venusaur always need Jolly. Always. It's like Timid on Latias, too much stuff in that category to outrun or tie with (Honchkrow, Feraligatr, Blaziken, foe Gallade and Venusaur) to risk running Adamant.

Jukain-Arashi

Years
  • I've taken advice from others, but I'd like some confirmation from him before I test this out because so far I haven't had any problems and don't see a reason to test out this suggestion.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I haven't done any rating yet, but here it is.

Milotic may be bulky, and you don't really need spin support, but if you're going to use Milotic, please don't use the current set. You only really need one pokemon to sleep others on your team, and with that, you'd probably run into Sleep Clause. If anything, keep it bulky and run the RestTalk Milotic set over the current set.

Also, Blaziken want Thunder Punch > Stone Edge to help take out some of your bulky waters.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I'm going to stick with what I've got until Dark Azelf says something about it.

Not taking someone's advice because Dark Azelf hasn't commented on it really shouldn't happen. You don't need his confirmation to assess suggestions for your team. After all, it's your team.

Jukain-Arashi

Years
  • Well sorry about that guys. I tested out all suggestions and I'm sticking with Adamant on Gallade and Venusaur since Jolly has not helped me that much. And Thunderpunch will probably replace Stone Edge on Blaziken, but I need to do a few more battles first.

Back