• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team must have the coolest Pokémon EVER.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    Why hello there, this is my team, that I've been using on Shoddy Battle. I admit that it isn't perfect - that's the reason I'm posting it - but it's quite good, and has won a lot of good battles, against good players with good OU pokémon, and some even better players with UU pokémon.
    Be as harsh as you can and want.
    And I'm not going to say in which tier I use this Pokémon, because it will probably lead to some dumb tier discussion.
    Well:

Abomasnow (♂) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Snow Warning
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed
    - Focus Punch
    - Blizzard
    ---

Great lead. The idea is to Sub-Punch and Sub-Seed. And on remote occasions, use a never-misses Blizzard. Nobody knows what to expect from this thing, so my opponents tend to screw up. :D
    Unprepared adversaries lose the battle as soon as this thing subs. Really, I don't know why people try to set-up on it.
    BTW, my biggest problem is Speed Tentas, Starmies and Froslasses. Speedy fire Pokémon are also somewhat of a problem, but I can deal with it.

Hypno (♂) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Insomnia
    EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/200 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Seismic Toss
    - Thunder Wave
    - Wish
    - Hypnosis
    ---

Blissey of the poor. It has a better Sleep Induncing move, but the stats don't even deserve comparision. I'm considering using Grumpig in it's place, because I need a fire resist, but Hypno's Wish passing and status spreading helps a lot. Really.

Blastoise (♂) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic
    ---

Quite the Physical Wall. The coolest BulkyWater around, but with Rapid Spin and no weakness to rock :D. AND besides being a great pokémon that always does it's job right (unless I'm high) it has a huge coolness factor. Really, everytime I see a Blastoise I scream like that kid with the TCG card.

Primeape (♂) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Anger Point
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderpunch
    - U-turn
    ---

So cool. Nobody knows what to expect from this thing. lol. I don't know why.
    Every move it has are a blessing for my team. I know that Infernape is better, but Primeape is the prime ape.

Manectric (♂) @ Petaya Berry
    Ability: Static
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flamethrower
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Substitute
    ---

Pwnage. Late game sweeps + petaya-sub. Hail, belive it or not, helps a lot. Really cool Pokémon that everyone expects to be like Luxray, stupidly. And I don't know why people don't expect petaya as well.

Froslass (♀) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Destiny Bond
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Blizzard
    ---

The reason why I have Abomasnow. It really needs the Speed to have something in it's favor, and Hail helps A LOT! Stone Edge phailing and Blizzard always hitting is pure awesomeness. Starmie is better, but this is way cooler. Always garantees, at least, one kill.
    And yes, I really like Bolt-beaming. :)

So, here it is.
    I have probably forgotten something, but I'll probably remember it tomorrow, because now it's 00:05 and I woke up to early.

PS- Sorry about my grammar mistakes, I hope you can still comment.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    max speed on abomasnow is silly ._. it doesn't need that much speed at ALL, especially if you're considering using it as a gimmick SubSeedPuncher. if you use it as a starter, give it lum berry. no one on your team is suited to absorb status except for sleep w/hypno. take speed evs out and put them into HP so that it can do walling on bulky waters + starmie.

you may as well give froslass life orb or choice specs. destiny bond is bad, but some people prefer to use it.

you really should give blastoise something other than toxic. i don't know why so many people like it ._.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    If I want to Sub-Seed, I need max Speed. Lum Beery really isn't need. I do fear Butterfree a little, but the other Sleep Inducers are jokes against Hypno.
    Destiny Bond is really needed because Froslass ofenses are shameful, so Destiny Bond is there to garantee a kill.
    And Toxic is a really great move. Everybody switchs in a Bulky Water against Blastoise (Water Absorbers mostly) or even some Cressies lol. So Toxic is the move that I use the most, believe it or not.

Samson

Years
    why do you need max speed with sub seed? it has 60 base speed, giving it a max of 240 spd. who the hell is it going to outrun? if the idea is that people don't know what to expect with abomasnow, then speed doesn't matter when they switch out as you will put up a sub first anyway. max speed +spd nature isn't going to save abomasnow from a majority of starters as they are faster. with hasty nature, it's left vulnerable to some of the weakest starters in the UU tier, let alone OU.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    I've just taken a look at Smogon's analysis and their EV spread is much similar to mine, but with Sp. Att EVs and Timid.
    I use it as Hasty because Sp. Def is needed, because I only switch Abomaswon (usually) on Surfs, Ice Beams, Thunderbolts, and so on.
    But tomorrow I'll do some Maths to arrange some better EVs. Until then, continue to give suggestions, please.

Samson

Years
    smogon probably did have that moveset but (1) a lot of their movesets are quite silly and they fail to realize it, and (2) i'm sure their set wasn't meant for a starter.

other than what i've already said, i don't think there's much else to say. although, your issue for a fire resist other than blastoise is understandable. if you're going to be walling things with blastoise, you should really consider mirror coat. if something has flamethrower, there's a high chance that it has another special attack, which puts blastoise in certain jeopardy. maybe i'm just saying so because i completely hate toxic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    The problem is that I need Hail before Frolass enters. And Abomasnow is the way. That or put Hail in place of Toxic on Blastoise (lol).
    I'll think of Aboma. If I have to take it out, I'll need to take out Frolass.
    So I'll be needing a new Sub-Punch and a new really fast killer.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    OK, I decided that Hail ins't helping that much, so I decided to put Altaria in my team. It absorbs status AND resists fire AND sp. walls AND idk.

I'm needing one more Pokémon, since Froslass without Blizzard sucks, so i'll be taking her out. I'm really open to suggestions here. Hit it.

Samson

Years
    you could try RestSpecs Altaria. or heck, RestBand Altaria. the latter would be too novelty.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    I think I'll use a more defensive Alataria, but I really don't know. I'm going to search some more.

And I think I should add SubPunching Kangaskha, with maxed HP and ATK but I'm not sure if it works.

EDIT:
    Altaria @ Leftovers
    EV Spread still to do
    - Roost
    - Heal Bell
    - Draco Meteor/Dragonbreath
    - Sing/EQ/Fire Blast

What do you think?

Last edited:

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
    Years
    You may wanna use this version:

Modest
    EVs: 6 HP, 252 Speed, 252 SpAttack
    Move 1: Fire Blast
    Move 2: Dragon Pulse
    Move 3: Draco Meteor
    Move 4: Rest
    Item: Choice Specs

Fire Blast takes care of the Steel-types, even though it hits neutral to foes such as Aggron. Dragon Pulse for countering Gyarados, Salamence and even Garchomp, while Draco Meteor is an overall damage dealer. The fourth one isn't needed and can either be filled with Rest or then Ground/Rock HPs.

Samson

Years
    You may wanna use this version:

Modest
    EVs: 6 HP, 252 Speed, 252 SpAttack
    Move 1: Fire Blast
    Move 2: Dragon Pulse
    Move 3: Draco Meteor
    Move 4: Rest
    Item: Choice Specs

Fire Blast takes care of the Steel-types, even though it hits neutral to foes such as Aggron. Dragon Pulse for countering Gyarados, Salamence and even Garchomp, while Draco Meteor is an overall damage dealer. The fourth one isn't needed and can either be filled with Rest or then Ground/Rock HPs.

another bad smogon set ._. that set is under the impression that you are only battling in UU tier, and takes into account that there are a lack of special attackers on your team. i'd much rather give it Bold Nature with some HP evs so that there's a reason to allow it to switch in, take a hit, and rest to switch back out. and also, even with choice specs, it's not going to do much damage to Gyara with dragon pulse. it has to be a 3HKO, which if you consider it may have Stone Edge or Ice Fang, is doom for it. besides, they're not even in the same tier, which makes the set pointless.

anywho, here's what i suggest if you want a sub-defensive altaria:

Altaria @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP/104 DEF/44 SP DEF/92 SP ATK/16 SPD
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Roost
    -Agility

you basically bring it in against a resistance so that they switch out, and immediately use agility. in doing so, it gives you the option to do one of two things: attack them if they can't ohko you, or immediately use roost so you can reduce the damage of the move they use (stone edge would be a tickle and ice beam wouldn't do much damage). you can scout this way, and if, per se, a weavile comes in with CB Pursuit, then you then KO with flamethrower. if you're sure it doesn't have a choice item or it resists both dragon pulse and fire blast or if they use a status infliction thinking you'd switch out, then you can switch out the following turn to throw them off course.

it does have heal bell, haze and what not, but they're really not effective on altaria.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    Altaria has the stats to use Heal Bell. The typing is quite dumb, lol.
    Still, I want it to be defensive, so you're kinda missing the point.
    Roost and Heal Bell are pretty much mandatory. But the other moves really depend on too much factors.

Argh, this is getting frustrating. I'll continue my search. :\

OK, I hope you don't mind if I double post.
    I would like to add a Houndoom to my team, since it would grant me a Fire immunity, but I don't know. There's still Venomoth, which I like alot (coolest pokemon ever) and Kanga as well. I need someone to suggest some new pokés to my team :|

Last edited:

lanroxas

Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3
    Years
    Where's Milotic? And Flygon? Absol? Anyone?
    You should replace Hypno with Breloom then put:
    Breloom@ Toxic Orb(Poison Heal)
    Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Leech Seed
    Wood Hammer

Back