• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team, please rate

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2004
    Here's a team I threw together. Any criticism is welcome, as long as it's helpful. :)

Mr. Mime-Leftovers
    Baton Pass
    Light Screen
    Curse
    Reflect

Electrode-Magnet
    Double Team
    Hidden Power(Grass)
    Thunderbolt
    Toxic

Jumpluff-Leftovers
    Encore(For them pesky hazers :P!!!!)
    Leech Seed
    Mega Drain
    Stun Spore

Marowak-Thick club
    Belly Drum
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Kingdra-Mystic Water
    Haze
    Headbutt
    Icebeam
    Surf

Snorlax-Leftovers(Yeah...it's a clich? Curselax)
    Curse
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Sleep talk

Tell me what ya think. BTW, is there any way to change gender on NetBattle. I wanted to put Attract on my Jumpluff, but it's rather worthless since it's male.

Thanks!!!!
    Tomato

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Mr. Mime-Leftovers
    Baton Pass
    Light Screen
    Curse
    Reflect

Too indirect... Mr. Mime can learn Psychic and T-bolt. I'd take away Curse and Reflect, put in Psychic and Barrier (for Baton Pass). If Light Screen works for you, then ok.

Electrode-Magnet
    Double Team
    Hidden Power(Grass)
    Thunderbolt
    Toxic

It's... ok I guess. I'd replace the item though.

Jumpluff-Leftovers
    Encore(For them pesky hazers !!!!)
    Leech Seed
    Mega Drain
    Stun Spore

Mega Drain? Giga Drain :). This type of set is effective, I've seen it... encore is also good for Earthquakers, since Jumpluff can outspeed most EQ users.

Marowak-Thick club
    Belly Drum
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Belly Drum + TC = uneccessary overkill. Plus 'wak's speed is crappy. I'd replace BD with either Body Slam (for paralysis) or rock slide (for flyers). Marowak has low speed and average special defense, so I'm not sure if rest-talking is the best.

Kingdra-Mystic Water
    Haze
    Headbutt
    Icebeam
    Surf

I think guy would make a better rester than wak. Rest, Sleep Talk, last moves are either Surf, Ice Beam, or Dragon Breath. Item could be replaced too, maybe with mint berry.

Snorlax-Leftovers(Yeah...it's a clich? Curselax)
    Curse
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Sleep talk

Mmm... EQ can only take you so far. I don't feel this team needs both a curelax and a TC marowak. One could be replaced. Maybe Miltank, Granbull, or barbie-egg for heal belling? Either way, I think Snorlax does better with body slam or return for STAB.

Well... that was my so-so rate.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2004
    I completely changed my team, and my new one is working pretty great for me. I'll post it all later, but for now I'll just post my starter.

Shuckle-Leftovers
    Rest
    Toxic
    Sandstorm
    Wrap

He can do some serious damage. :)

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • Tomato said:
    I completely changed my team, and my new one is working pretty great for me. I'll post it all later, but for now I'll just post my starter.

Shuckle-Leftovers
    Rest
    Toxic
    Sandstorm
    Wrap

He can do some serious damage. :)
    Your kidding right? Wrap? Shuckle status is based on pure Def/Sp.Def not attacking, and with such low Atk power Warap would do 1 damage. If a Steel type came out like Skymory then you would be screwed. The only good combo with it is prob:

Curse - Keep doing this for a while, powers you up everything but Speed and basicly makes you a living wall. If your using this on Netbattle its even better, theres a lack of people using Haze these days.
    Rest - If by some strange reason you start running low on HP just sleep.
    Toxic - Since Shuckle can't do much damage on its own this is good.
    -- - A Rock or Ground move here, im not sure which ones it can learn. I would check Netbattle but im at school right now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2004
    Spike Razzor said:
    Your kidding right? Wrap? Shuckle status is based on pure Def/Sp.Def not attacking, and with such low Atk power Warap would do 1 damage. If a Steel type came out like Skymory then you would be screwed. The only good combo with it is prob:

Curse - Keep doing this for a while, powers you up everything but Speed and basicly makes you a living wall. If your using this on Netbattle its even better, theres a lack of people using Haze these days.
    Rest - If by some strange reason you start running low on HP just sleep.
    Toxic - Since Shuckle can't do much damage on its own this is good.
    -- - A Rock or Ground move here, im not sure which ones it can learn. I would check Netbattle but im at school right now.

Wrap is so that an enemy can't escape while it's being both badly poisoned and hit by a sandstorm. ;)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Use wrap... wrap has a certain set amount of damage that varies depending on max hp. So regardless of whoever you're up against, wrap will do the "same damage" in the long run (provided that they don't rest which isn't likely)

Go with the moveset now as it's a very old standard. With such little attack power, with or without curse it'll be minimal damage (during the 6 turn of curse, why not score some damage with toxic?) Of course there is always the threat of a Pokemon that isn't affected by rest and etc, so take note... hopefully the rest of your team got some strong anti blissey, snorlax, steel types.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2004
    Awwww, so my Shuckle is cliche? All along I thought it was my own doing. :(

Back