• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team requires rating

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    I am new to Shoddy Battle, for which I use this team. This is a minor variation of my in game team, but it does not work as well as I had hoped. Also, I'm not great a predicting or recognizing strategies yet.

Alakazam@ life orb
    Modest
    4 hp, 252 spe, 252 sp.atk
    Syncronize
    Focus Blast
    Calm Mind
    Hidden Power Fire
    Psychic

Used primarily as calm minder/special sweeper. Loses to Heracross with night slash and megahorn. Can't take a hit from most things, so it's dead against anything with better speed or any special wall.

Dragonite@ Yache Berry
    Jolly
    6 hp, 252 spe, 252 atk
    Inner Focus
    Thunderpunch
    dragon dance
    dragon rush
    ice punch

Used as dragon dancer/back up phys sweeper. It easily defeats fighting types. However, I have trouble switching it into a battle. Has hard time against salamance and steel types.

Weavile@ Expert Belt
    Jolly
    216 spe, 252atk, 42hp
    Pressure
    Ice Punch
    Pursuit
    Night Slash
    Brick Break

Used as primary phys sweeper. Defeats ghost/dark easily and uses pursuit to great effect on gengar. Loses to Heracross, Machamp and Haryama if unable to switch. Heatran also threatens it with high defense and fire moves.

Infernape@ Life Orb
    Naive
    252 spatk, 232 spe, 26 atk
    Blaxe
    Grass Knot
    Nasty Plot
    Flamethrower
    Close Combat

Used as Mix Ape. It can kill a damaged swampert but not if it is at full health.. Kills Skarmory and Bronzong (without earthquake). Has trouble with Gallade using any psychic move. Gyaridos kills it with waterfall and if it doesn't ohko swampert it is dead. I often have no opportunity to use Nasty Plot

Bronzong@ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 hp, 229 def, 229 spatk
    Levitate
    Charge Beam
    Earthquake
    Hidden Power Ice
    Block

Used as a blocker/phys wall. Uses block on pokemon like Gliscor and kills with HP ice or another move. Uses charge beam on Gyaridos, often killing it and gaining sp atk. Dies against Magnezone with Block and Magnet Rise. Charizard can easily kill it. It also kills Skarmory.

Blissey@ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 def, 252 spatk, 6 hp
    Natural Cure
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Softboiled
    Calm Mind

Used as Calm Minded Special Wall. It only manages to kill special sweepers or pokemon with low speed and special defense. Heracross and Machamp are big threats with close combat. Gyarados kills it with waterfall quickly. It can be used as a revnge killer sometimes.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I am new to Shoddy Battle, for which I use this team. This is a minor variation of my in game team, but it does not work as well as I had hoped. Also, I'm not great a predicting or recognizing strategies yet.

Alakazam@ life orb
    Timid.
    4 hp, 252 spe, 252 sp.atk
    Syncronize
    Focus Blast
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic

Use timid or you get outsped by stuff you should be outspeeding. Shadow Ball lets you at at least do something to Cress and other psychics.

Dragonite@ Yache Berry
    Jolly
    6 hp, 252 spe, 252 atk
    Inner Focus
    Earthquake
    dragon dance
    Outrage
    Fire Punch

Ice Punch is redundant. Fire/Ground and Dragon hit everything in the game for at least neutral so should be the basis of all Dragon sets.

Weavile@ Choice Band
    Jolly
    216 spe, 252atk, 42hp
    Pressure
    Ice Punch / Ice Shard
    Pursuit
    Night Slash
    Brick Break

Eww, Expert belt >_>

Infernape@ Life Orb
    Naive
    252 spatk, 232 spe, 26 atk
    Blaxe
    Grass Knot
    Nasty Plot
    Flamethrower
    Close Combat

cool.

Bronzong@ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 74 ATT / 110 def / 74 sp.def
    Levitate
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake / Reflect.
    Hypnosis
    Gyro ball

Yeah...

Blissey@ Leftovers
    Calm
    252 def, 176 SP.DEF / 80 HP
    Natural Cure
    Seismic Toss
    Thunderwave / Toxic
    Softboiled
    Aromatheraphy

CM Bliss sucks...

Comments in bold.

My problem with this team is that Zong Bliss, DOES wall alot of stuff, but your not supporting it.

I think starmie >> Zam would work, it covers Mixape well and spins for dragonite and weavile to remove stealth rock, and beats up Gyarados

Starmie @Leftovers
    160 HP / 132 SP.ATT / 216 SPEED
    Timid Nature
    Trait : natural Cure
    - Thunderbolt
    - Surf
    - Recover
    - Rapid Spin.

Also, i would get yourself a solid Fighting resist

Slamence@Leftovers / Life Orb
    224 HP / 12 ATT / 196 DEF / 76 SPEED
    Jolly Nature
    - Roost
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake

>> D-Nite IMO.

Lead with Weavile. Zam gets owned by Pursuit >_>.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    Comments from the post office

Thanks for your suggestions, but I don't understand why I should use outrage with Dragonite instead of Dragon Rush or Draco Meteor, although I agree that I should use fire ground and dragon with it. I also don't understand the moveset that you gave Salemance.
    I would appreciate ore suggestions for Salemance.

I also feel uncomfortable with giving Blissey Seismic toss to Blissey because the maximum amount of damage it will take away is 100hp.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks for your suggestions, but I don't understand why I should use outrage with Dragonite instead of Dragon Rush or Draco Meteor, although I agree that I should use fire ground and dragon with it. I also don't understand the moveset that you gave Salemance.
    I would appreciate ore suggestions for Salemance.

I also feel uncomfortable with giving Blissey Seismic toss to Blissey because the maximum amount of damage it will take away is 100hp.

Blissey cant do damage outside of S-Toss really.

That salamence set i gave you is designed to switch into Lucario and Heracross which your team cant do atm.

Outrage is there simply because it destroys stuff. Dragon Rush has shaky accuracy, Draco meteor is special, so it not a good option on Physical nite.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    And Bliss would do loads more than 100 damage? With her low sp.atk, she isn't scaring much, except a Garchomp. Even then, she isn't really scaring him. Doing constant 100 damage is much better than maybe, possibly, hopefully doing more than 100.

Outrage=pure pain, to all who doesn't resist it. After a Dragon Dance, very little will survive, great for late game sweeps.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    The Glass Ornament Replies

I guess that you two ae right when it comes to Blissey's limited damaging capabilities. Azelf are you saying that I should use the Salemance instead of Dragonite.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    And Bliss would do loads more than 100 damage? With her low sp.atk, she isn't scaring much, except a Garchomp. Even then, she isn't really scaring him. Doing constant 100 damage is much better than maybe, possibly, hopefully doing more than 100.
    ...Low Special Attack? I guess Uxie, Wigglytuff, and Cresselia have low Special Attack, too. Her Special Attack can only land itself in the average ranking, but she is still perfectly capable of pulling off a CM set.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    ...Low Special Attack? I guess Uxie, Wigglytuff, and Cresselia have low Special Attack, too. Her Special Attack can only land itself in the average ranking, but she is still perfectly capable of pulling off a CM set.

Honestly I don't get CM Blissey. It still cna't do any real damage and a random fighter is just going to come in and ruin any of its set-up it might have pulled off. The difference between Blissey and Cresselia is that Cresselia won't roll over to any good physical sweeper. Blissey doesn't have time to set up and even when it does it is still easily taken out (considering nobody goes about countering it with special attacks).

Ársa

k.
    Years

In Ubers perhaps, where there is an abundance of Special Sweepers and running a very defensive oriented spread, so as to not be dominated by Physical Sweepers. But really, Blissey has no right Calm Minding in OU, it's on the slide as it is, and the current set is great/good.

~T_S

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Actually, yes, Uxie, Wigglytuff (though uber) & Cressy are usually known by some as set up fodder, since they have no real way of damaging. Wow, 76 base sp.attack? I'm shaking in me boots! Watch out, Caterpie, here comes a Hyper Beam!

Before Anti attacks, I mean besides the whole Toxic, which aids my point. Not on it being fodder, but on it not really proving an offensive threat. Besides,he is using a special wall set, not CM. Even then, she doesn't hit hard, unless she does it more than twice. A sweeper, she is not.

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years
    Just one thing, if you are running CM BLissey it can work, wth Scenre Grace. You would be surprised how many freezes and paralysis you socre with that thing.

Back