• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team so far

pokefan999

awesome trainer jake
    Years
    Hello ppl its pokefan999 im gonna ask you guys,I need some pokemon for my team!

My Team So far:

Fearow level 40(a.k.a. nester)
    Naughty nature
    Moves:
    Return
    Aerial ace
    Fly
    Drill peck

Charizard lvl 40(a.k.a. Jeff)
    Docile Nature
    Moves:
    Mega punch
    Ember
    Mega kick
    Flamethrower

Mr. Mime lvl 36 (a.k.a. Mimien)
    Timid Nauture
    Moves:
    Psybeam
    Psychic
    Substitute
    Magical leaf

Raichu lvl 30 (a.k.a. Jerry)
    Serious Nature
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Dig
    Thunder wave
    Shock wave

Thats it and also im planning of putting lapras on my team

~pokefan999

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hello ppl its pokefan999 im gonna ask you guys,I need some pokemon for my team!

My Team So far:

Fearow level 40(a.k.a. nester)
    Naughty nature
    Moves:
    Return
    Aerial ace
    Fly
    Drill peck

Personally wouldn't use this, see other option at bottom of post

Charizard lvl 40(a.k.a. Jeff)
    Docile Nature
    Moves:
    Mega punch Slash
    Ember Seismic Toss / Rock Slide / Earthquake
    Mega kick Dragon Claw
    Flamethrower

Mega Punch and kick are too inaccurate. Slash is far more accurate, and is learned at Lv.44. Charizard's special attack is better, so I would give it Dragon Claw, as it's really powerful, and only resisted by steel, which is hit super-effectively by Flamethrower. Ember is incredibly weak, Seismic Toss is a good tutor move, it deals damage equal to your level, so the stronger you get, the better it is (at lv.40 it has the same power as Dragon Rage). If you don't want that (it's best if you're level 100, so not that good now) try using Rock Slide (Rock Tunnel tutor) or Earthquake - they're both powerful.

Mr. Mime lvl 36 (a.k.a. Mimien)
    Timid Nauture
    Moves:
    Psybeam Thunder Wave / Toxic
    Psychic
    Substitute
    Magical leaf Calm Mind

Mr.Mime is fairly strong defensively, so take advantage of that. Thunder Wave is a tutor move found in Silph. Co, which is pretty useful in crippling your opponents, Toxic is a tm. Either work well, although I'd actually suggest Toxic, as using Substitute and stacking Calm Minds helps to wear your opponents down well. And for every non-gym leader / elite four / rival battle, Psychic is extremely powerful and will probably 2HKO most opponents

Raichu lvl 30 (a.k.a. Jerry)
    Serious Nature
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt / Thunder
    Dig / Brick Break
    Thunder wave / Iron Tail
    Shock wave Rain Dance

Brick Break is a decent alternative to Dig, being 1-turn, and also smashing any protective screens. Thunder Wave is useful, but if you use it on Mr. Mime, Iron Tail is an option, albeit having shakier accuracy than Mega Punch, which I previously dismissed on regards to accuracy. Rain Dance is a good move that gives Thunder 100% accuracy. It also powers up Lapras' Surf (see out of quotation), although it powers down Charizard's Flamethrower. Shock Wave is a bit underpowered, hence me suggesting other options.

Thats it and also im planning of putting lapras on my team

~pokefan999

My changes can be seen in bold.

I wouldn't recommend having Fearow, as alongside Charizard and Lapras, that gives you three electric-weak pokemon, with only one resist, Raichu, who is able to deal out super-effective damage, but still, once he's down, electricity will mock you.

If you want Lapras, try this guy:

My team so far

Modest / Mild Nature

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Substitute / Body Slam

Surf and Ice Beam are the obvious STAB attacks. Thunderbolt gives the infamous "Boltbeam" combo. It's got more complex than it used to be, so if you don't understand....it hits almost everything except Shedinja (Wonder Guard) for at least neutral damage. Substitute is good as it protects you from status and due to Lapras having high hp, it'll last a long time. Body Slam is good for paralysis support. Go Modest if you're planning to use Substitute, but if you like Body Slam, get a Mild one so that you can boost special attack without weakening Body Slam.

As for your 6th slot, and possible replacement for Fearow:

My team so far

Mild / Naive

Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Surf
    Earthquake

This guy is one of the best, and do not under-estimate him, although Giovanni's in-game one is horrendous. Most of his moveset is like Lapras, just with Earthquake. And 3 of those moves are super-effective on him, so he can take on other Nidoking/Queen(s) too. Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, Rock Slide and Brick Break, among others, are options. His movepool is almost as big as Dragonite's, Nidoking is so good.

My team so far

Adamant

Mind Reader
    Dynamic Punch
    Mega Kick
    Earthquake

Everything looks rubbish compared to Nidoking, but this has generally got thought put into it. Earthquake hits a lot of things, and is 100% accurate. Dynamicpunch and Mega Kick are nowhere near that accuracy, but by using Mind Reader, you guarantee they'll hit, which means 100% accurate 100 base power STAB with confusion thrown in, and 100% Accurate 120 base power normal attack. Only problem with this guy is the only Gen I ghosts all have Levitate, so they'll be immune to his attacks.

Uhh...most of my suggested movesets are for when your pokemon are high level and don't learn any more moves. Natures are just the best ones, doesn't really matter if you go random (I normally do in-game).

I tried to give pointers on where to learn moves when possible.

Back