• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My title =P

Keep the title Praetor?

• Total voters

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    *gasp* A topic by Kairi. You may actually be surprised this is like my first non-official topic, ever.

?and yet it sort of is. Really, click my profile and choose to look at all the topics I've started.

So?I have this new usergroup or job that no one?s ever had before, and I?m supposed to name it. It?s the super moderator job with some administrator powers to further their ability to work for PC. Any future people who qualify will fall under the same title. So, I came up with this praetor which means
    prae?tor also pre?tor n.
    An annually elected magistrate of the ancient Roman Republic, ranking below but having approximately the same functions as a consul.

Kind of close to what the real job is. Mixed feedback about it, so honestly guys tell me the truth. I know I suck with naming, my children will have to name thierselves.

So, if you do vote you don?t like it, drop me a suggestion? This is a big event that willl etch itself into PC for a long time! Like most things like this, I really like to hear what everybody thinks about it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Lol, I was wondering why your name was green. @_@; I like this... It's basically the position that someone can have between an Administrator and Super Moderator? Perfect job for you! =P The name's fine, too.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    like what I said before... whatever you choose, I'll be supporting you. ^_^
    (and that goes for a simple title as well, of course =p)

Though i think Alyssa is somewhat irritated by that title, as she's thinking about Star Trek with it ^_^; (refer to DCC)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    frostweaver said:

Though i think Alyssa is somewhat irritated by that title, as she's thinking about Star Trek with it ^_^; (refer to DCC)
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Star Trek XD. All I said is I heard it on a Star Trek Movie I didn't say it came from it. XD This is funny.
    Any like I said, me I don't like Praetor, it don't go along with forums (unless it's a Star Trek forum XD j/k), I mean can you find a pokemon forum out there with one of there user groups as Praetor? (I know it mite be a first but it dont sound good)
    I think sub-Admin or Super Super Moderator XD (the Super Super Moderator was a joke XD). Or do like me and Vito came up with, change your group name to Administrator and change the Admins right now to Root Administrator. Just a idea.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    frostweaver said:

I actually got it from Baralai of FFX-2 to begin with. It is in Nemesis though, Shinzon.

Aside from that, yeah but you guys aren't Gym Leaders and Elite Four members like Serebii. XD

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
    Ahh Very Cool indeed ya, ya should keep it it's cool but it's up to you to decide tho :)
    Oh My (Star Trek) are you kiding me XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I think TPM had their mods named "Gym Leaders" first. Then again, I don't know how old Serebii is or anything. *shrugs*

I like the name, but it's hard for me to remember, because I think I'm just like that. I wouldn't like "sub-admin", though. It makes it sound like a second-rate job or something. o_O

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Kairi said:
    I actually got it from Baralai of FFX-2 to begin with. It is in Nemesis though, Shinzon.

Aside from that, yeah but you guys aren't Gym Leaders and Elite Four members like Serebii. XD
    You just watch everything dont you Kairi? XD (yes Praetor Shinzon on Nemesis is what reminded me of that XD).
    On a side note, I think that Gym Leader ranks would be good for PC if we had a RPG (I like Gym Leader ranks if PC had a big RPG like PikaSurf).

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    just keep the title like this... difficult to remember vocabularies along with a very technical and precise registers always give the bearer of the name an intelligent feeling XD

(another word: more complicated a title is for you, relatively you'll seem to be more intelligent... but then again as if you aren't intelligent already ^_^)

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I think it's a cool name, and I've never heard of it before...so...keep it! Why not? I think it's cool. n_n

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Hmm it's OK but no one will ever remember it or pronounce it right. Make it simpler, like Jr. Admin or Sr. Super Mod (I stink at names too XD)

And it may be just me, but I don't really care for that shade of green lol You don't have to change that though XD (you don't have to change the name either)

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I had it envisioned though! Plus it was that or pink, and nothing says power and respect like pretty pink. =P

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    lol, That shade of green is nice, but a little dark for my taste (but it's your taste that matters, not mine. =P)

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Kwesi picked it, and I agreed. I knew I wanted something much different than the current staff colors.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    true... pink is rather close to the smod color of orange...

whoever said internet is completely un-educational is wrong... just today I learned a new vocab via the internet ^_^;

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    OK lets put it this way, what if a boy S-Mod got picked for a Praetor? Pink well lets just say is not a good color for a boy.
    But the Green on the home page makes it look like a Mod (its dark).

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    OK lets put it this way, what if a boy S-Mod got picked for a Praetor? Pink well lets just say is not a good color for a boy.
    But the Green on the home page makes it look like a Mod (its dark).
    man, now i wish Preator was pink so you and Dakota could get picked! :P but i dont watch Star Trek and i think Preators a kewl name! :D

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Arcanine... *coughcolor-sexistcough*

Nothing wrong with pink... i just don't like shocking or sharp pink... then again I never liked any color that's sharp... it's as weird as "blue is a guy's color" and etc... the green stands out pretty well among the active member list thingie much like the smods... plus it being green you can tell at a glance that a praetor is on instead of a smod (pink and orange are rather similar)

Back