• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Wishlist of features for future gens

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
    Wrong.

Some parents would not buy it for their children. You have to remember that Pokemon's main target audience is young children.

E10 may not seem like much to you, but some parents will think "My child is 6 years old! I can't let them play this!"

Pokemon B/W was pushing it in my opinion, especially with the Munna scene. I think that's the most violence we'll ever see beyond Pokemon Special.

6 year olds shouldn't play it. I was talking to some 6 year old who plays Platinum and I asked what starter he picked. He said "Fire monkey." I was a bit confused but then I knew he meant Chimchar. I asked him, did you beat your Rival yet? He was confused and asked who he was. Clearly, he doesn't read well and he just looks at pictures. I asked him the last question, what was the name of the town he started in. He said, "I don't know." The Pokemon Games should be for kids over 8 or something.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Oh I have another one:

Not having Pokemon from other generations set at ridiculously high levels after you get the National Pokedex. I'm looking at YOU, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black and White. There's just not much you can do with a Lv. 49 Pidgey, I'm afraid. Similar story to a Lv. 64 Clefairy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    My main wish would be to go back in time a little bit and not rely so damn much on wifi and online gaming to get things like event Pokemon. It's the most annoying thing about new generations of Pokemon. I buy handheld games to play by myself, I don't want to involve the internet.

I agree with this. I've never been that big on getting all the Pokemon for the sake of completion, but it's still really ridiculous that so many Pokemon, items, etc. can only be gotten through events.

Here are some more things I'd like to see:

-This kind of refers to what I just said, but I would like a game where it's possible to get every single Pokemon in that one game. Some of them could be extremely difficult to find while others could be very common. I'd like to see more realism in these games; Wouldn't it make sense that all the Pokemon would be there in that one "Pokemon world"? I shouldn't have to break the fourth wall to get some rare Pokemon.
    -Now it would be kind of weird if all 600-something Pokemon were crammed into one region, so I would love to see a game where the player can travel to all the regions. This may all seem unrealistic for one game, but this IS a WISHlist.
    -They should expand on the animated sprites so that there are animations for fainting, sleep, frozen, etc. But I can imagine this would take a LOT of work.
    -I think it's a bit weird how there are some Pokemon like Geodude with "primitive"-sounding cries next to ones like Kricketune with more advanced-sounding cries that match the Pokemon more. So I think it would be neat if all the older cries were remixed so that they would sound more like Gen 5 ones. (But there should be an option to use the regular cries for those that prefer them)

Years
    i want a game thats slightly more gritty and realistic. no necessarily violence though. i think black and whites story is taking it in the right direction.
    i also want to be able to play through all the regions. they would make leveling up slower so it would take you the whole of your journey to get to lvl 100. obviously gyms and leagues would be leveled accordingly.
    the final league would have pokemon lvl 90-100.
    all pokemon would have an almost unique special move (notice i said almost unique, as thinking of 600+ new moves is way to much, plus obviously pokemon of the same evo line would have the same special move).
    also there would be some sort of incentive to not evolve your pokemon, some sort of reason not to, other than learning moves faster.

i want a game thats slightly more gritty and realistic. no necessarily violence though. i think black and whites story is taking it in the right direction.
    i also want to be able to play through all the regions. they would make leveling up slower so it would take you the whole of your journey to get to lvl 100. obviously gyms and leagues would be leveled accordingly.
    the final league would have pokemon lvl 90-100.
    all pokemon would have an almost unique special move (notice i said almost unique, as thinking of 600+ new moves is way to much, plus obviously pokemon of the same evo line would have the same special move).
    also there would be some sort of incentive to not evolve your pokemon, some sort of reason not to, other than learning moves faster.

Last edited:

TheMysteryEgg

Years
    I wish there was autosave. My friend was playing and he beat the 8th gym leader and much more. Then he got bored and he accidentally turned off the game without saving. I got really mad! >:(

FlameEntei

Old fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2013
    I really like the idea of no more going to the proffesior getting a pokedex and doing a linear story. I want different yeah you start with nothing no family no nothing.

Or possibly start as a bad guy you pick Rocket, Plasma, Team Magma. And who ever you choose is were you start what region and what pokemon you get from them. Im not sure but I would sure like to be a bad guy and who knows maybe turn good in the end :D

Yeah this would be a good idea.

Smooky

You blinked, didn't you?
    Years
    Customizable trainers. Because it would be really neat to see myself on the screen for once, and pretend its really me walking through mountains and caves, traveling from city to city.

More control. What I mean is, I want to see more moments like when you can say "yes" or "no" and have it affect your game a little. The conversations you had with N are sort of what I had in mind.

I think the rating could go up a little. It seems to me that small children aren't even into Pokemon that much, that at the least, 10 year olds might be into them, but not many younger kids are. This is just my experience, and to be honest as an older Pokemon trainer I would LOVE to see something more catered to me... but alas, that's not a very realistic dream. >.< I'm just one of the original fans, after all!

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    I want:
    NO FOUR-DIRECTION MOVING! Seriously, it made sense in RBYGSC. After that, they should have dropped it.

Auto-box organizing. Options for by Type, Level, and Dex number, at least. >.< Sorting 20+ boxes by hand takes forever.

More side quests. If you play some other RPGs, the side quests are amazing, and can take up hours by themselves. What has Pokemon got? The Game Corner. That's about it. Black and White gets points for this, because the C-gear stuff and the Dream World are awesome side quests. But, you have to either have another person, or be on a computer. I'd like stuff in-game to distract me. XD Give me a chocobo hunt, or a set of minigames that are actually fun to play!

Only seeing characters once. Does that Bug Catcher you beat once stand there for the rest of his life? That Lass really can't go challenge the gym? Why can't a trainer run across you three gyms later and show off the new stuff they've done?

Having everyone on a route be the same level. What, did a memo go out? "Everyone with Pokemon ranging from 14 to 18 gather at Pinwheel Forest immediately! We've got a wandering Trainer coming through!" Really, you'd expect a wider range of levels to happen naturally. Maybe even a couple of Trainers that are impossible to beat the first time you go through a route (Like 40+ when you're only on 10). Avoidable ones, of course, but still there. And likewise, youngsters with low-levelled Pokemon on higher routes. Maybe they just left home? Give a Breeder a new charge, at level 2 or something. Mix it up some!

What I want removed:
    Flying only to towns. I want to be able to touch the map and fly to the closest I've been to there. :)
    Only two trainer options. Seriously? We haven't advanced since Crystal? I don't care if they're just palette swaps, we need SOME progress on that degree.

FlameEntei

Old fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2013
    What does people here think of the notion that Pokemon can gain EXP from not just beating an opponent but from losing a battle. Becos life is not all about winning

Years
    I dont care where it takes place, or who it is. All I want is to be the villian for once. That would be so much fun.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    would love to see the following:

1. Job paths - Select how you interact with Pokemon and play the game some examples:

Monotype Trainer Rock - You specialize in training Rock Pokemon and better understand their strengths and weaknesses. Trainer Passive bonus increases rock Pokemon health by 15% but you're only able to catch and battle with rock Pokemon.

Pokemon Thief - You choose a life of crime and enjoy stealing other trainers Pokemon. Active ability allows you to attempt to steal your opponents Pokemon in battle with a net.

all monotypes should be available. other jobs could include Pokemon researcher/professor, Gym Leader and Coordinator. Jobs get unique passive/active abilities and gain more as they gain Trainer levels.

2. Battlefields - In the anime you see different battlefields such as the grass field, rock field and water field. your Pokemon should be able to interact with a battlefield, example:

Water Field - Jumping into water to dodge attacks, creating whirlpools to immobilize opponents or freezing the water to turn it into an ice field.

TheMysteryEgg

Years
    I would also want you to choose where you live and more realistic players (I really don't like the fact that people in towns sometimes just walk in circles or other trainers just stand there. Wouldn't they also be on their own adventures? I also wish you could either befriend or become enemies with trainers. Like if you were friends with a trainer, you could have him join you and then you would have a double team. (Kinda' like Riley and all the other partners.) Enemies would constantly try to beat you. I also wish you could choose a career like a Gangster might specialize in Dark or Fighting types or a Pilot would specialize in Flying types. I also would want you to have more starters to pick from depending on your career/job.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    V.S. Seeker. :D Also, I would absolutely love it if after you become the Champion, you are actually KNOWN as the Champion (people's attitudes towards you change), you get your own awesome room at the Pokemon League, and everyday you get a new challenger. That would be epic.

Years
    For me, this is what I would do...

Customize your own Trainer.
    All Pokemon being available in the one game (my brother never lets me trade)
    All starter Pokemon can be obtained
    All Regions appearing
    All Gym Leaders and trainers can be re-battled
    Bring the VS Seeker back
    Have TMs and HMs for all moves

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    1. Custom trainers
    2. Vs. Seeker
    3. Rematch Gym Leaders
    4. Once you defeat the champion, you ARE the champion and will need to defend your title.
    5. A customizable mansion/villa like in Platinum
    6. No more bikes. The Segway is much more epic.

Years
    As mention earlier, choosing the characters appearance and home town would make the game better. Also, home town could decide what starters you could obtain perhaps, with the starters in a northern city all being part Ice or Water type or all Rock and Ground for a desert city.
    I agree with ALL the other ideas here. Someone should make a hack based on all of these. That would be wicked.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I kinda like the ''take this pokdex and fill her up!'' storyline but they needed a second story like B/W. Anyways what I'd like to see in a Pokemon games is...
    - All Regions and more (orange Islands, ect)
    - All Pokemon are available (not at once, some appear at different seasons, times)
    - A bit more realistic and strategic, like sending a pokemon that clearly can't swim (fire types) in the sea and battling, or certain types taking damage and having stats reduced from certain weather, eg. ground loses defence in rain and also hp every turn (it's just an example)
    - Having day-cares that train certain pokemon's stats for a hefty price
    - More different forms of Pokemon
    - More characters, more villains.
    - And what most people have said in this forum...

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Customizable characters is a big one. Not that I don't like many of the trainers that they've given us, it's just now technology isn't so limited. I really hope this one gets introduced with the 3DS Pokemon games. In addition, with how online today's games are we really need customizable characters for that at least.

As for other changes, I'd love to be able to go back to another region again. Perhaps Hoenn since it hasn't got much love (and it is a very diverse land). I would say all regions, but I've seen people point out on other forums that it just isn't feasible. The Pokemon levels would be all 100 by the end of the third or fourth region. It seems like such a great idea, I just don't know how it would work.

Also would love to have all Pokemon available in one game. I know that goes against what the games were originally created for, but for me without Wi-Fi, I have no way of completing my Pokedex and that's no fun. I'm not saying that all of them would be easy to catch, some of them could be made really hard to catch, but for once let us catch them all without trading and events!

I also agree with the others who have said that trainers should be less static. I REALLY liked what Gold/Silver/Crystal did with the cell phone. I know it was annoying getting the same calls frequently that really didn't mean anything, but it was great having more interaction with the trainers, knowing when they had an object for you, or knowing when they wished to battle you again. I guess the trainer's eyes in R/S/E were a less invasive way of doing that, but in every game since it seems to have really just become bad. I'm sorry but the VS Seeker is just really lame. I can't enjoy that and needing to recharge it constantly. I have no idea who exactly thought that was a good idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back