• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Worst Nightmare

Years

Ah, LeafGreen. What wouldn't I do for another copy.

But isn't selling the games a bit too far? If that was in my case, only Mario Kart 7, Rumble Blast and the Wii games on my collection. O_o

It heavily depends on the game. If it's a ten hour story and I lose five hours progress, I'll probably just give up and sell before it loses trade-in value as ridiculous as it sounds.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
    This happened to me before. I stared into nothingness for a good 3 minutes, set down the controller, and went to bed in complete shock. Woke up, and completely forgot about the game. Oh and I never played for about 3 months later, then the SAME thing happened! Needless to say I haven't gave it another go yet. I found out later the game (Star Ocean 4) has a corrupted 3rd disc. I attempted to buy the game 3 more times, but it happened again and again - Disc read error. I took the game back and bought Borderlands and Bioshock instead ($20 for each, nice). I read I wasn't the only one that had this problem too. Alas, I was forced to watch the ending on You tube (yes the game crashed at the final boss's door, literally). :(

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I would rage for quite awhile, and pick up the game the next day after some sleep.

On a similar note, this happened to me in Fire Emblem for GBA. I wasn't too angry...then the game lost all my save files. I wasn't too happy then. >>

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
    My worst nightmare is losing my whole family and death
    that's not even on topic.. :-(

Anyway, if it was now I would punch things and curse. I absolutely despise when that happens, because it's like I just wasted all that time doing nothing. It's a terrible feeling.

BUT if it was a few years ago! I would have thrown my handheld console (if it's a stationary console, then my controller) against the wall and screamed. I've managed my anger... and I've broken my fair share of hardware in my day to know better.. ;-;

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    Break everything int the room (except for my console ironically) if I got far into the game and all my data has been corrupted. I threw my gamecube out the window because it couldn't read discs and someone corrupted 4 years of data which is the stuff that I had since I started gaming but that happened when I was like 7

Renpuu

Gengar !
    Years
    Personally I can't remember the last time I was playing a game and I forgot to save, however I do remember alot of times in games which made me rage.
    First case was playing Modern Warefare 2 where you're about to finish the mission but tonnes of baddies just keep spawning to shoot at you, so you attempt to sprint to the finish only to die and if you stay and fight, you still die. I did this on the hardest difficulty and died so many times it wasn't even funny. FINALLY I managed to sprint to the finish, only to get a cutscence of my character being killed and thrown on the fire...I was like WHY DID I GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS RUNNING THROUGH BULLETS TO GET THROWN ONTO A FIRE AND KILLED ?! *Insert foul language rant*

My second time was when I was playing Dynasty warriors 6 going through a long mission of hack and slash action. I only had one save, but I was like..nah I don't need it. Nearing the end of the mission I get poked by a enemy general and die. Damn you LU BU ! *Rage ensued foul language rant*

Also I just hate it when you're fighting a boss which takes ages to die and only allows for a save just before that fight, but the FIGHT ITSELF takes a lot time with this boss only one shoting you into obilivion, whilst you have to summon all your might to nibble away slowly at it's collossal healthbar.
    Finally you're close to defeating the boss when suddenly you get caught by a one shot attack and have to start all over again.
    Your efforts wasted.
    *Insert foul langauge rant*

Nowadays I'm usually ranting at my team-mates on DOTA 2 or some form of FPS.

shadexpwn

Shadexpwn
    Years
    I end up putting the game aside until my mind set is refreshed so I don't have to do the same parts over again. I end up doing it the same way though, but it is tiresome knowing you lost out on some time.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
    Pokemon Ruby crashed while saving. I completely freaked out and was so afraid to start it up again because I was afraid that I had lost my shiny pokemon. I was a bit depressed and didn't touch any videogame for a while, and then when I finally checked and my pokemon was just fine...I migrated them to White a minute later because I was so afraid of losing them. And then I lost White. Ironically, my Ruby still holds a stable save and is just fine.

Final Bosses? I hate this. Crashing during a final boss. Because then you have to watch this huge butt cutscene, only to take on the boss that you SHOULD'VE already beaten if not for the crash. It happed on Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, on the final boss, just as it was killed...CRASH! And then it took a year until the final boss was beaten again. Seriously.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    Wait a few days and then maybe try it again.

I had that happen with me on Final Fantasy VI the first time I played it. I can't remember which part exactly... but I know it happened a handful of times that day.

Back