• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mybb errors

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I should be able to post this sooo.

Well whenever I try to install mybb I get errors. I have reinstalled everything about 3 times but I always get the same result. Here are some Screen shots.

Spoiler:

So yeah... I have no idea why this isn't working. Also when I try to log in and I go back to the index it's like I never logged on. :( Can anyone help? I would be grateful if you would.

zZJoennZz

What da!?
    Years
    Did your try to transfer to a new host? it might be a host problem and if not the host try to re-install if not again, go to mybb site and get a support.
    I'm a MyBB user BTW.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Okay. I'll try another host. But as I said I reinstalled everything like 3 times.

Thanks this section is hardly active so I thought I'd get no responses.

dragonexpert

Team Dimensional Webmaster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    It's just PHP and SQL; the host should support it. You could considering posting about your issue on MyBB's support forums. That's where the developers and support staff are for it.

Years
    I know I'm a bit late to the party but if you're still looking for an answer, the issue is that MyBB uses a deprecated function in their code and your host has PHP's error reporting set to display everything. You can fix that problem by opening up the class_core.php file in the forum's inc folder, going to line 165, and adding two forward slashes at the very beginning of it. This will comment out the line, prevent the outdated function from running, and stop the error message at the top of your screen shot (which will stop the others as well). This is what your file should look like:

PHP:
    		// Determine Magic Quotes Status (< PHP 6.0)
    		if(version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '6.0', '<'))
    		{
    			if(get_magic_quotes_gpc())
    			{
    				$this->magicquotes = 1;
    				$this->strip_slashes_array($_POST);
    				$this->strip_slashes_array($_GET);
    				$this->strip_slashes_array($_COOKIE);
    			}
    //			set_magic_quotes_runtime(0);
    			@ini_set("magic_quotes_gpc", 0);
    			@ini_set("magic_quotes_runtime", 0);
    		}

For reference, those are lines 155-168 and if you'd like, you can entirely remove line 165 instead of commenting it out, though I like to leave it there in case you ever need to refer to documentation by line number somewhere.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Well it's okay guys. I got a new host. Hopefully this host will work and everything.

Back