• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mysteries of Dungeons // PMD Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Am i disappointed that there aren't many PMD manga out there? Kinda? The game series was great and deserved a nother form of getting out there, but i don't beleve that the series needed/needs a manga to be popular. If i were to create my own it would most likely be based of the red/blue rescue games. I dont know what i would call it though.

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
how far have you guys gotten in you mystery dungeon games? have you fully completed any them?
I have 100% on Gates, and I'm ALMOST done with Explorers of Time. The Darkrai arc of the story just began... and I finally beat Dialga (whether I had to use a million Golden Seeds or not) :/

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
I got a question, what's your favorite seed? Mine is reviver seed cause they're the only reason I manage to beat these games and then they turn into plain seeds so you get two seeds for the price of one!

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
Well it's ABOUT time I posted here again!

How far have I gotten into each of my games?

I beat Blue Rescue Team's main story but didn't unlock all of the dungeon post game. The ones I remember not doing was the Mewtwo and Deoxys. I can remember stuff like Stormy Sea, Ancient Relic, Wish Cave, that little side-quest thing with Gengar. The only legendaries I recruited were Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. I tried recruiting Ho-oh but got unlucky. Ho-oh has a 99.9% chance of being recruited the second time you through that dungeon... I was the unfortunate 0.1% who didn't get it...

I have fully beaten Time and Sky, 'cuz you know how much I love them. I tried recruiting Lugia with the Mystery Part in Time but gave up. I'm currently completing the Special Episodes on Sky, as I've finished the main story. Now we're the happy, go-lucky duo of Team Kitsune, Espeon and Luxray.
... Why do I breeze through the main story yet all of a sudden the Special Episodes start being d*cks?

And you all know how I feel about Gates to Infinity.

Favourite seed?

I love me some Golden Seeds.

New topic:

Have you ever had any major difficulties with any part of any of the games?

First of all, f*cking Moltres in BRT! That's all I can say about that.

The only negative thing I can say about Time/Darkness/Sky is Aegis Cave. I was on that place for two whole days! The game decided to give me endless amounts of J stones on the Steel part, when all I clearly need was two E's. The worst part is, I have to go back there when I go to recruit the legendaries.

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
Have you ever had any major difficulties with any part of any of the games? Any part where I have to fight multiple pokemon at once usually is really difficult for me. And articuno in red rescue team, it took me like 20 tries and a lot of grinding to beat that guy, why did I pick a grass type as my partner?

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
More new topics, eh?

Are you disappointed that there aren't many PMD manga out there? If you were to create your own, how would it be?

Yeah I am pretty disappointed about that, and the few that there are most people don't know about... If I had to create one, it'd probably follow Explorers of Sky's storyline, with Eevee as the starter (because Eevee) and... how about Riolu or Vulpix as the partner? Or Shinx?

Favorite Seed?

Either the Reviver Seed or the X-Eye Seed. The former because you should never go dungeon crawling without it- it's really, really useful. The latter because its effect is really weird- I found out what it did on accident way back in Red Rescue Team because I ate it, rather than throwing it at the opponent (it was called Allure Seed back then, though).

I really like the Pure Seed and EoS' exclusive Seep Seed, too.

Have you ever had any major difficulties with any part of any of the games?

Monster houses are always difficult. Mostly just early on when you don't have a move that hits the entire room/the tiles surrounding you, or if you don't have any good items.

Otherwise, Primal Dialga's battle always gave me lots of trouble- ate up a bunch of Reviver Seeds courtesy of Roar of Time. The big boss battle in Dark Crater gave me grief recently too, although that's my fault for not packing Chesto Berries, haha...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Favourite Seed?
It's definitely have to be Reviver Seed for me, due to the same, exact reason stated above. :] Second favorite would have to be Hunger Seed.

Also, guys, it's all right to discuss the games every once in a while, but it's sort of against club rules, though. Let's try to keep our conversations more on things like anime, manga, and fan-work, okay?

Shhmew

Years
Favorite seed?
Joy seeds, Golden Seeds, and Reviver Seeds make me the happiest. My favorite is probably reviver seeds; they're the most helpful, they literally save you from failing a dungeon and starting all over, I never feel safe going into a dungeon without them.

Peitharchia, I read through the rules of the club and Pokemon Clubs over again, what rule prevents us from talking about the games too much? This is a fan club for the PMD series, which includes games, is it not? o.o (sorry if I'm missing something)

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
How far have I gotten into each of my games?
Okay, I've beat Explorers of Time, (Darkrai and all) as well as Gates to Infinity. Red Rescue team... not that far, I just started. The same goes for Explorers of Sky, which I'm doing a LP for, and so I can't really move through the game that quickly.

Favorite seed?
THE ALMIGHTY LORD GOLDEN SEED. DUH. WITHOUT HIS ALMIGHTY POWER, TEMPRAL TOWAR WOULD COLLAPEZZ.

Okay, but seriously though, I have to say it's a tie between Reviver and Golden. They're both amazingly useful, and can really help you in a pinch. (because high level matters, so does reviving)

Arrow

Years
Am I disappointed that there aren't many PMD mangas out there? If I had to make my own, what would it be like?

Considering I don't read manga much, I'm don't really care that there's barely any manga. However, if I were to make my own, I would definatly base it off of Explorers of Sky, 'cause you know... best game.

I would also use my current team and favourite, Eevee and Shinx. Hell yeah!

New topics 'cause I'm bored:

Have you ever made any fanwork dedicated to PMD? (Art, Fanfiction, Videos, etc.)

I'm trying to draw Vixen and Raiden (my Espeon and Luxray team, but I'm drawing them as Eevee and Shinx) on my computer, but I can't get Vixen's head right!

I've also wrote a first chapter for a fanfic but FF.net is currently disagreeing with everything I do, so I don't know if I can upload it or not...

What are some of your favourite pieces of fanwork?

I personally really like Chiakiro's Beachshipping videos ♥

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8WdpR9dSM0FpwVNtMJs1rA

She also has a deviantart account with a few PMD pictures.

http://chiakiro.deviantart.com/gallery/26653879

I also really like Dougboy123x's Pokemon Misery Dungeon YTPs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Doughboy123x/featured

What is your favourite Special Episode and why?

I like all of the special episodes for their own reasons (though my boss fight with Jirachi was a load of bs in Bidoof's Wish). I'd have to say In the Future of Darkness would be my favourite. It's the most story-driven of the SE and finally gives us answers to what happened to Grovyle and Dusknoir in Hidden Land. Plus playing as Grovyle is awesome! ^^

What is/are your favourite PMD character(s)?

Well, if you couldn't tell already, I really like Grovyle. His frickin awesome! But, my abolsute favourite character from PMD would have to be Chatot. I have no idea why. I know he's strict and short-tempered and weird, but he cares. I just like him. Maybe it's because I've always had a soft spot for the Pokemon Chatot. And it's a shame he's not very well liked.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Have you ever made any fanwork dedicated to PMD? (Art, Fanfiction, Videos, etc.)
Yeah, I've written... uhh... a prologue to a PMD fanfic I'm making... I'm going to start on Chapter 1 soon... but other then that... uhh...

Grovyle. He's just so awesome. (and really helpful in those future/Hidden Land dungeons) Also, I love Celebi. She's adorable, funny, and I love her little "I ♥ Grovyle" moment. It's adorable, hilarious... and all that stuff.

I love them all, but if I had to choose 1, I think... okay, I have to choose 2. I like the Sunflora one and Into the Dark Future. The Sunflora one is just cool, and Into the Dark Future... we get to know what happened to Grovyle and Dusknoir. And good things happen. It's just so great that they get to live. :3

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I absolutely ADORE the css for this club! Great job! ^w^

Username: Eevee
Nickname (optional): Eevee
Answer a topic:

My first Mystery Dungeon game I played was Blue Rescue Team and I really loved it! I found the series more interesting than the main games. I like being the Pokemon instead of being the trainer. xD

I like the world they were in and how the Pokemon all talked to each other and interacted. I thought it was really really cute!

I also have played Explorers of Sky but I have just barely started. I like this game a lot too so far!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to the club, Eevee! Happy to see that you've joined! Also, my mistake, Shhmew; it's not exactly against the rule, but it's sort of against club spirit to discuss games, according to the PM I got from Olli last month. xD" We could still talk about them, but only to a limit. Anyway, going to drop this artwork here:

Isn't it adorable? <3

Arrow

Years
I absolutely ADORE the css for this club! Great job! ^w^

Username: Eevee
Nickname (optional): Eevee
Answer a topic:

My first Mystery Dungeon game I played was Blue Rescue Team and I really loved it! I found the series more interesting than the main games. I like being the Pokemon instead of being the trainer. xD

I like the world they were in and how the Pokemon all talked to each other and interacted. I thought it was really really cute!

I also have played Explorers of Sky but I have just barely started. I like this game a lot too so far!

Welcome to the club Eevee! (Btw I approve of your username and signature X3)

I agree with you completely. The MD series, to me, is just better than the main series. Particuarly when it comes to the story. The main series can't beat PMD when it comes to this!

Welcome to the club, Eevee! Happy to see that you've joined! Also, my mistake, Shhmew; it's not exactly against the rule, but it's sort of against club spirit to discuss games, according to the PM I got from Olli last month. xD" We could still talk about them, but only to a limit.

Huh? How can we discuss non-game things in a club inspired by the games? Manga and anime can be fun to talk about but there's barely anything to talk about. Anime, manga, all that stuff, there's only a certain amount of things to talk about when relating to PMD. I'm sorry but discussion about the games are kind of vital, also as without them, this club wouldn't even exist

... I just don't get it...

So anyway, updates here have been a bit slow... I'll try to come up with some new topics soon just to get more people posting.

Not much has happened for me in PMD. I finally beat the Special Episodes in Sky. Since I had nothing else to do, I've once again restarted my game, but I probably won't be playing on it again for a while. I usually wait a couple of months between playthroughs so it doesn't get old too fast.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
I haven't replied to this in forever! ;; oops.

Well, I've been thinking of making a Mystery Dungeon roleplay for soooo long with a darker theme, but so far I haven't gotten far at all. I also participated in Beautiful Creatures [a RP once hosted in our very own RPC owo] but that one died... sorta. It's still in my siggy though.​

How can you not like Grovyle? He's awesome, so I'll just put him aside. My second favorite would probably be Gengar and Gardevoir, because I really liked their story.

I never played Sky, so no comment D:​

ALRIGHT, so what about this:

If you ran any shop in Treasure Town [or could be any shopkeeper from Treasure Town], which would it be and why? Thought I'd come up with something unique.

I'd probably run the treasure opening service/Xatu's shop in EoT/EoD, because having psychic power to open locked boxes and still making a profit is awesome.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back