• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mysteries of Kalos

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    We all know there are two locked doors in the desert leading to the power plant. Most suspect it to be where at least one of the hidden Legends to reside. We know about the Strange Souvenir given to us by the backpacker from a 7th region.

But what other mysteries lie in Kalos?

Laverre Town's 13 hour clock is one. Why does the clock near the Gym have 13 hours on it? What is it supposed to mean?

What other strange mysteries have you found through your journies through Kalos?

(Basically if it hasn't been discussed anywhere else let's try to discuss it here. No Lumoise Ghost girl or the two I already mentioned above. Though the clock tower is fine.)

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
    Years
  • Not quite sure if it is a mystery... But the train station in Couriway. Yes, it adds to the background of the town, and frankly makes it a lot prettier too, but I mean come on! There has to be SOME point to it?

A lot of you probably know this, but in the Lumiose station, behind one of the signs, the is writing saying "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place." This could mean a lot of things, and perhaps it could have to do with Emma and the Lumiose Gang, but it is still pretty questionable.

Another thing in Lumiose is the two girls in Jaune Plaza, who talk about Pokemon cries. At one point, they start talking about the Lava Dome Pokemon, A.K.A Heatran. Could there be a Heatran hidden in Lumiose? Or possibly the nearby Power Plant?

Oh, and one last thing I want to mention. Again, this might not really be a mystery, but when you fight Lysander the final time, doesn't he where some weird thing on his back? I don't remember well, because it has been quite some time since I beat him, but I think it reminded me of Sun-Moon thing on the back of the Lumiose Gym Leader.

Years
  • We all know there are two locked doors in the desert leading to the power plant. Most suspect it to be where at least one of the hidden Legends to reside. We know about the Strange Souvenir given to us by the backpacker from a 7th region.

But what other mysteries lie in Kalos?

Laverre Town's 13 hour clock is one. Why does the clock near the Gym have 13 hours on it? What is it supposed to mean?

What other strange mysteries have you found through your journies through Kalos?

(Basically if it hasn't been discussed anywhere else let's try to discuss it here. No Lumoise Ghost girl or the two I already mentioned above. Though the clock tower is fine.)

I've thought that the tree may have something to do with xerneas in a past unmentioned no real proof kind of way but apparently xerneas turns into a tree or either takes hiding in a tree when it looses its vitality. & it just so happens the fairy types gym leader has hollowed it out and made it a gym. Maybe if xerneas isn't forced to wake up its tree grows to a to be huge and when it wakes up on its own accord it leaves the tree behind.
    Also unrelated but I've been putting it together that the fairy type gym leader was a kimono girl. She wears a furisode kimono type thing. She has a sylveon, and the most important point is there is a guy that will tell you about the female kalos gym leaders in a hotel: he tells you that she came to kalos from johto.

Edit: oh and reading my post I realized that there are all the old tombstones outside of laverre city in the swamp route. Maybe geosenge town is what happened 3000 years ago when AZ thing and ppl of that time had the big stones to mark the graves for the pokemon. & laverre is where the war or whatever from the 300 year ago mark ended and xerneas ended it by giving out the rest of its vitality becoming the tree and the people of that time built the tombstones of that time for the ppl and pkmn.

I know its a super loooonnnnggggg shot and has no proof but its an interesting theory

Toast1229

Explorer Scholar Gentleman
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2014
    I've thought that the tree may have something to do with xerneas in a past unmentioned no real proof kind of way but apparently xerneas turns into a tree or either takes hiding in a tree when it looses its vitality. & it just so happens the fairy types gym leader has hollowed it out and made it a gym. Maybe if xerneas isn't forced to wake up its tree grows to a to be huge and when it wakes up on its own accord it leaves the tree behind.
    Also unrelated but I've been putting it together that the fairy type gym leader was a kimono girl. She wears a furisode kimono type thing. She has a sylveon, and the most important point is there is a guy that will tell you about the female kalos gym leaders in a hotel: he tells you that she came to kalos from johto.

Its been a while but wasnt there a Kimono girl back in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. And didnt she say something about wanting to move away to a far away region. Speculation. (BTW I cant check if there is a girl because my ruby is gone. AKA I lost it...)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Its been a while but wasnt there a Kimono girl back in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. And didnt she say something about wanting to move away to a far away region. Speculation. (BTW I cant check if there is a girl because my ruby is gone. AKA I lost it...)

The Kimono Girls were exclusive to Gold/Silver and their remakes before the new games, so no there wasn't.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2019
    That ghost girl in Lumiose City... If she even is a ghost. She shows up, says something, then vanishes. You don't see her again. Well, maybe you do, in the hotel in Lumiose City. But that's debatable.
    What do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2014
    No one has mentioned this yet?? In Couriway Town, near the end of the station there is a hidden message in front of the second to last pillar.

"To the person reading this......"

What do these mean??

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • Its been a while but wasnt there a Kimono girl back in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. And didnt she say something about wanting to move away to a far away region. Speculation. (BTW I cant check if there is a girl because my ruby is gone. AKA I lost it...)

you do realise johto is gold/silver/crystal right?

Years
  • Well, evidence suggests to me that the Fire type E4 member was a member of Team Flare. From her general red theme, to the fact that the second she meets you she mentions you defeated Team Flare, and she just looks Flare-ey to me.

When you rebattle her she said something like: I'm burning up with hatred for you little punk. Or something like that

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    In one of the buildings in Lumiose city there is a building that doesn't have a floor 3, but has 1, 2, and 4.

There is also a guy who talks about emptying all of the trash cans, and then he disappears after talking to him.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Pokemon X&Y: The Unsolved Espurr Files

With each Gen, we have our creepy Pokemon with their freaky-deaky Pokedex entries and designs to give off that super creepy or weird vibe. But with Gen 6, we got Espurr....the adorable little psychic kitten with the dead fish eyes. Now, I can see how those inexpressive, wide eyes that seem to stare straight into your soul could give some people the willies and have them claiming that Espurr has some secret psycho side and will kill us all, but is Espurr really all that creepy, or simply a horribly misunderstood that's been put in a bad light?

It's Pokedex entry in X states that: "The organ that emits its intense psychic power is sheltered by its ears to keep power from leaking out"

In Y, it says: "It has enough psychic energy to blast everything within 300 feet of itself, but it has no control over its power"

So for starters, I'll call it like I see it and say that the many, many people who are making poor Espurr out to be a secret psycho serial killer are simply judging it by its appearance and letting those unblinking eyes mess with their heads. It's no more a Pokemon made out for mass genocide than Magikarp- with the nearly the same kind of eyes- is.

That is...if you're basing its affinity to kill on its eyes, alone.

Back to its Pokedex entry, anyone can clearly see that it does have the ability to destroy with its psychic powers; anything within 300 feet of it; thanks to the organ in its ears- which it keeps covered by having its ears folded. Espurr is also known as the "restraint pokemon", because it doesn't have the ability to control its own psychic powers.

Frankly, I feel that this just makes Espurr all the more adorable; like how Plusle and Minun also can't control their own powers and sometimes end up shocking themselves. And while there is some sad element to Espurr's Pokedex entry, learning that it can't control its own powers and destroys everything around it to such an extent, if it doesn't practice that restraint; not only that, but assuming that its Espurr trying so hard to restrain itself and its powers, knowing the devistating it'd be causing, that they shy away from expressing emotion entirely; (as with cats, you can tell, for the most part, how they're feeling through body language), which could cause the organ in their ears to become uncovered, and their power to obliterate us all; it's not at all creepy, like people make it out to be. It's just plain sad, thinking how tortured all those poor Espurr must be; under that kind of pressure; under that kind of insane restraint and being so misunderstood just because of their poker face.

So what are everyone else's thoughts on Espurr?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Something I found was that a girl near the gate to Anistar mentions that if they were in a mystery novel (or something like that) that she'll expect something to be hidden at the tip of the sundial's shadow...at first I thought it was related to the event of the MegaStones appearing post game...but the tip of the shadow has nothing to do with it...

Years
  • Something I found was that a girl near the gate to Anistar mentions that if they were in a mystery novel (or something like that) that she'll expect something to be hidden at the tip of the sundial's shadow...at first I thought it was related to the event of the MegaStones appearing post game...but the tip of the shadow has nothing to do with it...

Perhaps it will end up being a DL event involving looker

Somma

The PokéGambler
    Years
  • Well, evidence suggests to me that the Fire type E4 member was a member of Team Flare. From her general red theme, to the fact that the second she meets you she mentions you defeated Team Flare, and she just looks Flare-ey to me.

Not sure if this is a spoiler but, she actually states that she was an Ex-Flare member during the end of the Looker quest line. And it kinda gave a hint seeing how Malva is also the Announcer in the Holo Caster thing, which was invented by Lysandre.

Something I found was that a girl near the gate to Anistar mentions that if they were in a mystery novel (or something like that) that she'll expect something to be hidden at the tip of the sundial's shadow...at first I thought it was related to the event of the MegaStones appearing post game...but the tip of the shadow has nothing to do with it...

I SMELL DARKRAI EVENT *^* (I hope.)

Years
  • Not sure if this is a spoiler but, she actually states that she was an Ex-Flare member during the end of the Looker quest line. And it kinda gave a hint seeing how Malva is also the Announcer in the Holo Caster thing, which was invented by Lysandre.

I SMELL DARKRAI EVENT *^* (I hope.)
    Maybe, or maybe the Rock/Fairy legendary Pokemon is connected to it seeing how it's a crystal.

Years
  • Another mystery is that the Mega Guru mentions there's other items related to Mega Evolution beyond just the Mega Stones and Mega Ring spread throughout the region and that he'll try to locate them. I know Diantha has the Mega Charm (the necklace), but I think he means more than just that. Maybe they'll appear in the next game, or maybe he'll be the one to give us the Latias/Latios Mega item which could be something not stone related...hence why the Eons could look so similar.

Years
  • New mega evolution items would make sense with the eons since I'm sure people will want them to hold the soul dew and you can't hold two items and I'm sure GF thought of that.
    Then again, who knows.

Back