• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mysterious Silhouette!

JP

wut?
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    "A silhouette possibly of a Pokémon was discovered while rummaging through coding of the recently launched Trading Card Game Online. This silhouette was discovered in the navigation bar on the game's tutorial page, combined with images of the Unova starter Pokémon. No additional information on the silhouette was contained in the source code of the tutorial's Flash file."
    http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unknown_silhouette_found_in_the_coding_of_TCG_Online
    Mysterious_TCGO_silhouette.png

So what does everyone think about this? Could it be a sneak peak at a future Pokemon design? Maybe a new forme of a certain Pokemon? Or perhaps just a random design for no solid use? Maybe it's not even real at all?

PS: Wasn't sure if I should put this in this forum or the TCG forum, but I figured since it's a general discussion this would work? :D

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The ears kind of look like Tepig's.

Definitely. The head just seems very familiar, but I can't quite get it. For some reason, the whole design kind of reminds me of Houndoom, because to me it has a very Hellhound kind of look to it.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    It looks like an ant eater, maybe its some kind of Heatmor evolution or something like that? I'm not very certain, though.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • It looks as if it is a rejected second evolution of Pokabu. I would have liked to see it stay on four legs like that, but I can't think of what the spikes are for. Supposed to be flames like Cyndaquil's, perhaps?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    It looks as if it is a rejected second evolution of Pokabu. I would have liked to see it stay on four legs like that, but I can't think of what the spikes are for. Supposed to be flames like Cyndaquil's, perhaps?
    Now that you mentioned that, I think that makes much more sense than an ant eater.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    That could be it yeah. Though to be honest, they look much more like icicle spears than flames to me. :P

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • "A silhouette possibly of a Pokémon was discovered while rummaging through coding of the recently launched Trading Card Game Online. This silhouette was discovered in the navigation bar on the game's tutorial page, combined with images of the Unova starter Pokémon. No additional information on the silhouette was contained in the source code of the tutorial's Flash file."
    http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unknown_silhouette_found_in_the_coding_of_TCG_Online

So what does everyone think about this? Could it be a sneak peak at a future Pokemon design? Maybe a new forme of a certain Pokemon? Or perhaps just a random design for no solid use? Maybe it's not even real at all?

PS: Wasn't sure if I should put this in this forum or the TCG forum, but I figured since it's a general discussion this would work? :D

Yeah, I agree with the others. It has Tepig's ears. But its probably another unreleased Pokemon. Satoshi Tajiri and the gang doesn't have 6th Gen in mind yet. So, this silhouette would probably has nothing to do with the main games and such...I think.....

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • The silhouette is kind of...2-D ish, so, I don't know if I should to make it a possible new pokemon. V///V' But, maybe its on a devloping art stage? Well anyway, I would guess its a cross between quilava, tepig, and well, something else comes to mind, but I'm not exactly sure. n___n;

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Yeah, I agree with the others. It has Tepig's ears. But its probably another unreleased Pokemon. Satoshi Tajiri and the gang doesn't have 6th Gen in mind yet. So, this silhouette would probably has nothing to do with the main games and such...I think.....

Satoshi Tajiri left Pokemon since Red and Blue, so he's not responsible for any Pokemon related things since then.
    The person who stayed through all these generations was Ken Sugimori.

But I agree with you, it's probably too early for a Gen 6.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The silhouette is kind of...2-D ish, so, I don't know if I should to make it a possible new pokemon. V///V' But, maybe its on a devloping art stage? Well anyway, I would guess its a cross between quilava, tepig, and well, something else comes to mind, but I'm not exactly sure. n___n;

Exactly! There's something else but I can't put my finger on it exactly. It just seems so familiar.

And yes, I too think it's too early for Gen 6 art and that it probably is some sort of unused design... but it never hurts to have some fun with the speculation. :P

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    It's probably nothing and just a glitch in the coding. And it's unlikely this "Pokemon" could be found on an American website and not the Japanese.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Could be the possible "Dolly the Sheep" pokemon they had in mind.
    I was talking to some friends in another forum about that, and one of them brought up the "Dolly the Sheep" Pokemon. I don't know if it could be that, however.

I'm not sure if this silhouette is real or not. It's possible that it was Tepig's beta design.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Dolly the Sheep? What's that all about? I've never heard of it before. :o

Not long ago, they revealed the idea of a Pokemon that was scrapped early in the design process. They were going to have something based on Dolly the Sheep, the first ever cloned animal. They decided against it as animal cloning is a bit controversial and everything like that.

As for the image, my bet is that it is just something to classify Pokemon by body type. For example, that one would be for quadrupedal, land-based Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It's probably just a generic placeholder image and / or generic representation of a creature that you're all reading too much into.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • It's probably nothing and just a glitch in the coding. And it's unlikely this "Pokemon" could be found on an American website and not the Japanese.

That would be a pretty high-caliber glitch...Missingno-level, even. :S

I was talking to some friends in another forum about that, and one of them brought up the "Dolly the Sheep" Pokemon. I don't know if it could be that, however.

I'm not sure if this silhouette is real or not. It's possible that it was Tepig's beta design.

I thought the "Dolly the Sheep" possibility as well, but it looks nearly nothing like a sheep aside from being quadrupedal... If it was Tepig's beta design, I'm glad it got changed...

It's probably just a generic placeholder image and / or generic representation of a creature that you're all reading too much into.

Most people are saying "placeholder", but it looks a bit too detailed when the developers could have easily used a random quadrupedal Pokemon or the quadrupedal Pokemon Dex body style. I mean...the spikes and everything when it didn't even need any. If that placeholder doesn't fit most Pokemon, I don't see why they couldn't have used a random Houndour or Lillipup silhouette instead, as they're more "official"... The TCG Online developers could have even used a neutral Poke Ball symbol, similar to the one found in Brawl that represents the universe of Pokemon.

Body08.png

world_b_08.gif

I'm still of the opinion that this unknown silhouette was an unused Pokemon that was scrapped for Generation 5, similar to the fate of the "Dolly" sheep Pokemon...

I'm hoping it turns out to be some kind of cool-looking, vicious, nocturnal Chupacabra Pokemon for Generation 6...we might as well, at some point. If we need a design template, well, here we go. Then at least all those fans saying that we "kneed moar anymulz" can quiet down a little. >_>

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm still of the opinion that this unknown silhouette was an unused Pokemon that was scrapped for Generation 5, similar to the fate of the "Dolly" sheep Pokemon...

I'm hoping it turns out to be some kind of cool-looking, vicious, nocturnal Chupacabra Pokemon for Generation 6...we might as well, at some point. If we need a design template, well, here we go. Then at least all those fans saying that we "kneed moar anymulz" can quiet down a little. >_>

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they used the design later down the road. I'd love a Chupacabra-inspired Pokemon. :D

Back