• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Haven [T/IC]

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Gellius the Sneasel - Bronzong's Guild - Explorer Time​

I let out a loud shriek. I looked and it was a Female Torchic. I stayed quiet for a moment. "Oh no! I screwed up in front of a lady." I said. My Black Hat had fallen with that jump-scare. I pick it up and put it on my head.

"Hum... Yeah, i am new here... But i already explored some places already... The Snubbul was hating me so much..." I said looking for the Missions Board. "My Name is Gelius. Pleasure to meet you." I said bowing to her and taking my hat off. After it i place my hat.

I keep looking form missions. The One in Mt. Alloy seemed interesting. But the others in Misty Fjord would be good.

I was undecided between 3 mission. Now i remember i forgot to ask her name.

"So what is your name, miss?" I asked her.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Rory the Amaura

THE LIFE OF ADVENTURE AWAITS!

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— It was the beginning of a brand new day.

The sun peeked over the rosy horizon, casting a gleaming ray of light down the centre of the sea. A flock of Wingull circled the vast blue expanse, their quarrels piercing the morning stillness. As the sun crept further up the sky, it bathed the peaceful town of Haven with its golden glow and the dew drops in the grass began to shimmer like diamonds under her touch.

Rory padded up the dirt lane that led to her destination, her heart heavy with hopes and ambitions. She lifted her weary gaze, having come to the foot of a weathered, off-white bridge. A sparkling blue river flowed calmly below, running past the stones that projected above its surface and uniting with the ocean. Have I finally made it?

She drew in a deep breath, absorbing the salty tang that wafted in the sea breeze. She placed one foot steadily on the bridge, then another. It creaked a little under her weight but she didn't seem to care; with renewed energy she bounded across it with the dreams of adventure once again flooding her mind. She felt the wind rush past her, the peach sails above her eyes fluttering, transforming into a soft green to symbolise her merriment. To her right a stand of trees lined the cliff edge, forming a protective border for the town. To her left was a small building with two blue-roofed wooden towers on either side and waterwheels behind it, groaning as they slowly spun.

"That must be the town's dojo, run by the famous Accelgor!" she pointed out to herself proudly, having read all about it in a travel guide. The helmeted Bug-type Pokémon stood resolutely in the doorway of his lodge, his bandaged arms folded and his head tilted slightly to the ground as if in thought. He appeared to have heard her, as their eyes met for a brief moment before she hurriedly turned away with a slight tinge to her cheeks. When she returned her gaze to the view before her, she gasped. Just ahead stood a grand building, no doubt the tallest one in Haven. Its looming height was a little daunting, but it bore a welcoming façade.

As Rory inched closer, the building looked as if it were expanding. When she peered above her, it almost seemed to be stretching high into the heavens, and she tottered as a woozy sensation began to swim in her head. Lightly tapping her cheeks she said, "Come, come, Rory. Remember why you're here." She inhaled deeply once more, then puffed it out, hoping to shake off the nerves that caused her stomach to flutter. Once I step inside, I'll be leading a whole new life.

With the boldest expression she could muster, she took hold of each doorknob and thrust the double doors open, causing a bit of a scene. Heads turned her way as she marched sure-footedly inside, her chin held pompously high. Though it was the early hours of the morning and the town lay still and silent, the Guildhouse was already bustling with activity. Rory looked around her, trying to ignore the curious stares (her discomposure betrayed by her blush) and eyed the many different Pokémon that filled the antechamber. She was relieved to see a few rookies strewn about the place.

As she neared the reception desk, she was met by a pair of eyes that slanted into a frown. The owner of this disapproving scowl was a pink bulldog-like Pokémon, about two feet tall. She had to stand upon a stool in order to properly man the desk. Rory mused that a pair of butterfly framed spectacles would suit this particular Pokémon.

The Snubbull glowered up at Rory and sniffed. "How may I help you?" she asked, a little stiffly. Her small black nose twitched as she inspected the Tundra Pokémon, awaiting a reply.

"I'm looking to sign up as an apprentice Explorer!" Rory boasted, placing a forefoot upon her chest in an ostentatious manner. "My chief ambition is to seek out Legendaries! As I have read many a good review on this Guild, it is my honour to serve under the great Guildmaster Bronzong himself!" She then saluted with a grin.

Snubbull looked a little taken aback by Rory's conduct, but quickly recomposed herself and cleared her throat. "I see." She tapped the countertop with her pen thoughtfully. "You must have come a long way from home, Amaura. Where are you from?"

"All the way from the Gelid Glaciers to the north, Snubbull, miss!" Rory replied proudly.

"My, my. You have come a long way." A hint of a smile played upon the Fairy Pokémon's jowly face as she considered this. After a moment of contemplation she said, "Very well. A journey like that requires determination, a trait every Explorer must aspire to. It would only be fair of me to sign you up." Snubbull looked pleased when a wide grin split the Amaura's face, who clasped her hands together, her eyes twinkling.

"Really? Oh, thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You won't regret this, I promise!" Rory cried, shaking Snubbull's paw so heartily that the poor Pokémon feared it would come away.

"Alright, no need to get in a flurry!" Snubbull snapped, rubbing her tender, throbbing paw. Rory blushed while the secretary slid a sheet of paper from across the counter in front of her. "Right. Now let's get started, shall we?" she mumbled a little impatiently. With her pen at the ready, she said, without glancing up, "Name?"

"Rory! That's R-O-R-Y."

Snubbull shot her a quick glare before continuing. "Species?"

"Erm… Amaura," Rory responded dubiously, wondering why she had to ask.

"Right. I have your birthplace down already. Congratulations. As of now, you are officially an apprentice Explorer!" She pulled out a leather satchel from behind the desk and placed it before the Amaura, unbuttoned the flap and revealed its contents. She fished out a small white badge with yellow wings carved at the sides and a pink gem etched into the centre. It glittered beautifully beneath the sunlight that streamed in through the Guild's windows. "This is your badge," she explained, handing it to Rory, who snatched it up greedily to admire it up close. "Wear it with pride, as it will be a symbol of your good deeds."

Rummaging once again through the bag, she produced a shimmering blue crystal fragment. "This is your Warp Crystal. It allows you to teleport to Town Square at any time. Don't go using it willy-nilly, however. We'd like our pupils to activate it only when they've finished a mission, or in emergencies of course. Excuse me, are you listening?"

Snubbull stared bewildered at Rory, who seemingly hadn't been paying the slightest bit of attention. She struggled to fasten the badge to her neckerchief, her bulky front feet proving to be little help. Her vain attempts forced a silent chuckle from the secretary. "Would you like some help, dear?" she offered in a kindly tone, the first Rory had heard from her.

"Oh, yes please!" The Tundra Pokémon beamed, unflustered by the badge's reluctance to pin to her bandana. She watched with amusement and silent admiration as Snubbull fought to reach over the countertop, but managed to skilfully pin the badge all the same. Rory grinned as thanks.

Snubbull wiped her forehead with the back of her paw and pushed the satchel toward Rory, along with the Warp Crystal. "Sleeping quarters are upstairs, just be sure to avoid the door at the end of the hall. That is Guildmaster Bronzong's office. I'm sure you'll make do with something, but for now I would advise you to select a mission from the bulletin board." She jerked her head in the direction of said board. "Or you may band with others and make some friends along the way. We encourage teamwork here," she added, her eyes crinkling into a smile.

Rory nodded vigorously in response, and with a salute said, "I aim to become a star pupil, Snubbull, miss, in the name of Guildmaster Bronzong! Or my name isn't Rory, apprentice Explorer of Haven!"

And with that, her new life began.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Kuro the Zubat​
    level 10 (0%)
    Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Haven [T/IC]
    Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish, Hypnosis​

Ready for action!

Today was the day. Today was the day his life as an adventurer and rescuer would begin. Kuro wasn't nervous at all, which was odd in his opinion. This was an important step in his life, shouldn't he be at least a little nervous for that?

Kuro let his grip to the wall go and flew to the main 'hall' of the Misty Cave. His parents were awake already and offered him a breakfast, which he gladly accepted. Not much later Kuro flew back and forth through the cave system to announce his departure and didn't even notice many Pokémon knew this already found the early morning not the best time to be shrieked at about something that irrelevant. Kuro's family, a large swarm of other Zubat and a few Golbat and Crobat, accompanied him to the cave's main exit. His siblings flew circles around him rapidly, an action that resembles human hugging goodbye. His parents wished him the best and Kuro left the cave and flew towards his new adventure.

The Sun shone a lovely warmth into Kuro's face he wasn't used to at all. A Zubat's outside life is primary nocturnal, but this would change by the step he had just taken in his life, unless he wouldn't get accepted, but he didn't even think about the possibility. Other team members wouldn't appreciate it to be forced to travel at times they're unable to get a view of the surroundings. The Guildmaster probably doesn't want to get waked up from his sleep, had Kuro decided midnight would be the perfect time to sign up.

Haven wasn't far away from the Misty Cave, it's on the opposite side from the forests nearby. Kuro loved these forests, full of amazing trees. The echos of those bundles of leaves waving in the wind will never get boring to listen to. Upon getting deeper into the forest, Kuro got himself in unknown territory and had to get used to the many bug Pokémon crawling around and plant Pokémon enjoying the day, that hid themselves during the nighttime.

It was a peaceful travel, the only further notable events were some Pokémon being surprised by seeing a Zubat. When the end of the forest was within sight, Kuro could see a large open space. Odd, he couldn't recall anything about plains between the forest and Haven, he was pretty sure he was told it was directly at the other side of the forest. He decided to ask directions to the first Pokémon he would meet. This Pokémon happened to be a small bird Pokémon, waggling around on the soil.

"You're looking for Haven? I can only say you have come to the right place. Welcome to Haven, my friend. I'm Farfetch'd, proud owner of these farmlands here. Can I interest you in some warp seeds, reviver seeds, blast seeds?"

"I'm sorry, I need to find the Guildhouse to sign up. Oh, and I'm broke by the way."

"Alright then, just fly straight ahead and it will be directly in front of you, the entrance is on the left. But can you do me a favor and fly two foot to the right? Otherwise it might whip up the soil and hurt my seeds."

Kuro followed the directions and entered the Guildhouse. "Hello? I'm looking for a certain Pokémon called Bronzong. I want to subscribe to the Guild!"

A Pokémon behind the desk stood up and got Kuro's attention. "Hi there, I'm Snubbull, Bronzong's secretary. I'm the one dealing with the subscriptions here and there have been a lot of those lately, really. But what does one more or less matter?" She took a form from a drawer and began asking questions. "Name?"

"I'm Kuro the Zubat!" Kuro said proudly.

"Right. Species? Okay, you just answered that. Zubat. How about your birthplace?"

"I'm from the Misty Cave, just on the other side of the forest. It's a nice cave filled with-" the apprentice explorer said, before getting interrupted by Snubbull found these data irrelevant and had a lot of more important things to do.

"Alright! You're now officially a Guild member, Explorer Kuro! To be able to show this to others, I have here this badge. You should wear it with pride." the fairy Pokémon said while presenting a metal star-shaped badge. The took a second item out of the bag. "This here is your Warp Crystal." Snubbull continued "It can teleport you back to the large crystal on the town square at any time. But don't play around with it, only use it to get out of deep dungeons or escape emergency situations." She put the Crystal back into the bag. "Finally this bag shall be your treasure bag. You can use it to store items you find on your journeys. Did you get all that?"

"Yes, ma'am! Can you attach the badge to my scarf? Then I can go already!"

"Not so fast, lad! There are also some things you need to know. First of all, Bronzong's room is restricted territory, you can't go there. Explorers sleep upstairs, there aren't many other interesting rooms here. The bulletin board is outside, a available missions are listed on it, but you better not go on adventure yourself, team formation is encouraged. Together you can do so much more and you can cover each other's weaknesses. So take your time to explore the town and make some friends."

Kuro got his badge attached to his lucky scarf and although he couldn't see it, he felt different than yesterday. He was an Explorer now. "Look out, baddies, Kuro's coming!" he said to himself back outside.

Years
    Gellius the Sneasel - Bronzong's Guild - Explorer Time​

I let out a loud shriek. I looked and it was a Female Torchic. I stayed quiet for a moment. "Oh no! I screwed up in front of a lady." I said. My Black Hat had fallen with that jump-scare. I pick it up and put it on my head.

"Hum... Yeah, i am new here... But i already explored some places already... The Snubbul was hating me so much..." I said looking for the Missions Board. "My Name is Gelius. Pleasure to meet you." I said bowing to her and taking my hat off. After it i place my hat.

I keep looking form missions. The One in Mt. Alloy seemed interesting. But the others in Misty Fjord would be good.

I was undecided between 3 mission. Now i remember i forgot to ask her name.

"So what is your name, miss?" I asked her.

"Oh! Well, I'm Ashes and I'm really sorry for scaring you there! Say, are you looking at missions? How many are there?" The female Torchic introduced herself in a slightly timid manner, only to tip into curiosity as her head craned to look at the bulletin board with announcements and missions. "Pardon if I sound a bit....sheltered, but..." Ashes excused herself, remembering her mother's manners, "Where exactly are those places? Are they dangerous? Do they have strong Pokèmon there?" She asked of the slightly-experienced Sneasel, her curiosity in full form, wondering about these places that she had never seen or known before.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Gelius the Sneasel - Bronzong's Guild - Possible friendship?​

"Nice to meet you Ashes and... Well i actually... Only explored dungeons on my homeland, the Frigid Land (I forgot the name.)" I said.

"Well yeah i am checking some missions." I said.

A trio of pokemon: an Houndour, a Corpish and a Cacnea were checking missions.

"Nothing here valuable of money." Houndour said.

"Yeah..." Corpish said.

"Well without missions that make us rich, we may not handle too much." Cacnea said.

"What the heck is going on there?" I said.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Rory the Amaura

RISE AND SHINE!

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— Rory awoke to the sound of footsteps.

She stretched out her limbs before her and idly opened her eyes, to be met by a shaft of light streaming in from a nearby window. The straw bed beside her own, once cradling a sound Litleo, now laid empty. She clambered to her feet dazedly, wondering if she had overslept. Peering out the window, she spotted the sun hanging high over Haven in a clear blue sky, meaning morning had come and gone.

"O-o-h, no! I must've overslept!" Rory wailed, smothering her face in frustration. "Was I really that exhausted after my journey? It seems everyone is up already… Aw gee, there won't be a single mission left by the time I reach the bulletin board!" With the sudden realisation, she shook off any remaining drowsiness, snatched up her satchel and flew to the door. The corridor was empty and there was the usual jovial rambling coming from the ground floor. She gushed past the many doors of the hallway and bounded down the stairs, landing on the floor with a heavy thud. Straight to the bulletin board!

Shouldering through the crowd, she spied a lively group of Explorers huddled around the board, engaged in idle chatter. As the team dispersed, Rory's disappointed became evident on her face—there were only two notices remaining! She strode onward, somewhat drained of enthusiasm, and examined the contents of each leaf.

"Looks like I'm torn between Misty Fjord and Mt. Alloy… Aw gee, just my luck! Both places contain my worst nightmares… Fighting and Steel-types!" Rory gulped down a sudden rise of fear that welled up within her throat. Seven hundred poké was a nice sum of money for a beginner, even when divided in half. But who would go with her…?

Back