• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mystery Dungeon - Joyous Tower Question

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    Okay, so, no matter how hard I try, I always die on the first couple of floors in the Joyous Tower. I'm frustrated with having to find a new tight belt over and and over again, so I finally need to ask this question:

What is the best pokemon for level 1 dungeons such as Joyous tower?

I heard it was sabaleye, but he's not working very well, so are there others?

PokeTronic

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    Pichu Is One Of The Best For Me. At Level One Pichu Knows Tunder Shock And Carm And Levels Up Very Fast And Learns New Moves Pretty Fast. And Has Strong Atk, Def, And Spec.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    Hmmm... Can you find pichu any where else besides the Joyous Tower? Because every time I try to go get one, it kills me. >< If not then do you know if Raichu would be the same, worse, or better then pichu?

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • From what I know unevolved pokemon (this does include pokemon that can't evolve) do best there because they level far faster, ending up surpassing evolved pokemon stat wise to experience. Evolved pokemon start stronger but level up very slowly, also that tend not to get as high stats for some reason.

Don't worry I feel your pain. I've not gone that far in there either.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Well, I tried to go there too...but I have no luck,
    I once tried a Golem, and It ended up on floor 9, to 15...but I always die because of Pichu, Spinda and Psyduck...
    I suggest having a Pokemon that isn't weak to Electric attack and Normal Attack...Maybe a Rock Pokemon will do...

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    Well, at least I'm not the only one. Thanks for all of your advice! I guess I'll use pichu and see how it turns out. I went with latias once, but she leveled up very slow but I made it to floor 21 before I had to use an escape orb. =/

I need some more suggestions from different people so I can try them all out and have the ultimate level 1 dungeon pokemon.

But i was thinking... What about shedninja? attacks that aren't super affective only do 1 damage and it's a ghost/bug type. Not that I know how to get one... If any one does, post please! Or tell me how useful it would be. I don't really know what's in joyous tower, so yeah.

DxY!

DDR master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2007
    go with groudon. my groudon got all the way to floor 89 before fainting

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    try with a mew every ten levels he learns a new move and us any tms you find on him because he learns all of them .

Doomette

Absol In Disguise
    Years
  • Haven't got up to Joyous Tower yet :(

But on the subject of Shedinja? I'm not sure about in Mystery Dungeon...but I know in the other games, you need a Nincada, and when it gets to lv 20 (I think that's the level) and evolves, if you have a spare slot in your party, you get both the evolved from of Nincada (Ninjask? Ninja-kick-ass-yeah? Eh, no idea) and Shedinja.

The reason? Shedinja is actually the discarded shell of a Nincada, and it's like, somehow ... come back to life? Possessed by a ghost?

Nobody knows...wooo....*mysterious music*

Back