• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mystery PKMN Title- Speculation

Years
  • Recently at the Pokemon game show this image was shown at the end of a Trailer HERE
    Spoiler:

What do you guys think this is? If it is indeed a Wii U game what do you want it to be, a sequel to Colosseum, XD, Battle Revolution? And how do you think it will communicate with Pokemon X and Y.
    Post your thoughts comments and speculation below.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    3DS can communicate with the Wii U, you are able to transfert datas. Just look at Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for both 3DS and Wii U. It could be the Wii U version of Stadium or maybe something else.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'd like to think that it's the next console game, much in the vein of Colosseum or Battle Revolution. Though, I have seen some people suggest that maybe they're just showcasing two Pokemon that will be in the new Super Smash Bros.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I too hope it is Colo or XD like game. Hopefully it will be for the 3DS as well, like how the new Super Smath Bros is for both Wii U and 3DS

Years
  • Personally im hoping for it to be an XD type of game rather then a game like battle revolution, It needs to have a good story imo. I also want to be able to transfer back and forth between this game and x+y (and r/s remake if it happens) would give it a lot of value for me if it can (which it probably will). Good mini-games like in Colosseum would be nice too.

The battle scenes look super realistic like it almost isn't even set in the pkmn world tho. (car in the background) The models looked a little strange to me at first, kind of like they were out of Rumble U and made out of plastic, but I'm used to them now and they look fine, although i would have liked a stylized approach

Last edited:

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • It looks like a Colosseum/XD-like game because the city looks a bit rugged and kind of realistic. It reminds me so much of Asia in general so maybe it's something like that?

franko94

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2013
    If I were a betting man, I would say it is a Colosseum type game. Granted, I have a bad track record with predicting this stuff so I don't know.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Whatever it is, I'm hoping it has an RPG aspect like Colosseum or XD. If it's just a Stadium/Battle Revolution for X&Y it would be incredibly pointless, as X&Y are in full 3D now--it would be weird to give the 3D games a Stadium spin-off when gen 5 didn't get any (and those games were still 2D!).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • These are the possibilities I've listed regarding that ending cutscene from the video:

- It's just a Wii U tech demo
    - An official Pokémon fighting game
    - A new Stadium/PBR game

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It looks like a Street Fighter type of game, I hope it's some sort of Colosseum/XD Sequel though.

That's what I thought, maybe it's a Pokemon version of Street Fighter xD.

Whatever it is, I'm hoping it has an RPG aspect like Colosseum or XD. If it's just a Stadium/Battle Revolution for X&Y it would be incredibly pointless, as X&Y are in full 3D now--it would be weird to give the 3D games a Stadium spin-off when gen 5 didn't get any (and those games were still 2D!).

While Gen 3 got two...Gen 5 came and went too fast...

Last edited:

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • I hope Nintendo sees this post out of all the millions of posts on this forum and the millions of other forums out there in the internet...

PLEASE give us a game where we can control the pokemon's actions like running, jumping, dodging, etc during and outside of battle in 3d. That would be great and it would make things more actiony ~_~

Years
  • I hope Nintendo sees this post out of all the millions of posts on this forum and the millions of other forums out there in the internet...

PLEASE give us a game where we can control the pokemon's actions like running, jumping, dodging, etc during and outside of battle in 3d. That would be great and it would make things more actiony ~_~

Their is an Indie progect called Pokemon generations that dose that Link
    1372883427-pokemon-generations.jpg

I'm hoping their will be more interaction from the player in battle tbh like the anime.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    This looks really cool. I hope it's the first steps to making pokemon a MMORPG or an actual 1st/3rd person action game. I think it's time for this.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Even though I think Suicune has valid point about it looking like Street Fighter, I don't think so...
    It has different positioning... Fighting games like SF or Tekken would have side view while this is clearly back & front view while would signalize something like XD/Colosseum but in my opinion it will be something different...

Years
  • Even though I think Suicune has valid point about it looking like Street Fighter, I don't think so...
    It has different positioning... Fighting games like SF or Tekken would have side view while this is clearly back & front view while would signalize something like XD/Colosseum but in my opinion it will be something different...

I have to agree with you on that. Even open arena fighters like DBZ or Naruto aren't positioned like that, It defiantly looks like their set up for a battle. Although I could always be wrong.

Back