• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Myth-busted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damion03676

pokemonmaster(r/b/y,g/s/c)
Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Dec 11, 2005
    Falkner, the first Gym Leader in Johto(g/s/c) had a Spearow and a Lvl 9 Pidgeotto.

It was thought that a Lvl 9 pidgeotto could not exist normally in your party, and some people claimed they has cought or seen one, but were false claims....

but I have one now.

I HAVE A LVL9 PIDGEOTTO.

A busted myth.

want proof? here's all you'll need:

users.cjb.net/miscle/lvl9%20pidgeotto.png

users.cjb.net/miscle/lvl9%20pidgeotto2.png

questions? e-mail me at: [email protected]

Last edited:

Damion03676

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Dec 11, 2005
    you cannot post links to other FORUMS. read the rules, man

Damion03676

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Dec 11, 2005
    Jedi, I took those pictures today. They're not edits. I took them with an emulator, so i'd be happy to send my savegame to you for clarification.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • ~_~ Easy. Set Gameshark to make Pidgeotto appear everywhere. Go and catch a level 2 one at Route29, then train it to level 9.

Meh, its no myth.. busted or not. =P

You can do the same on RBY, 'cause thats the game where you got your level 9 Pidgeotto.

Damion03676

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Dec 11, 2005
    Jedi, I caught it the same way you catch any other pokemon. low hp, pokeball.

here's how I think it appeared:

You are walking around in a patch of tall grass when BAM! you were attacked by some lvl 4 Caterpie.

The game selcted this, I think, by taking our current party levels, calculating the level where it would provide good experience for your party, then select a lvl from that range. After that, a generator picks one pokemon from the list that are available int that area, give it moves appropriate to that level, set the exp gained from it, then send it to attack you.

Same thing happened with my Pidgeotto.

I was walking around in viridian forest, and got attack by a pokemon. neither the game nor I knew what is was going to be once the blackout started.

during the blackout, my high leveled party was calculated to give a lvl of nine. the game generator then chose pidgeotto as the attacker, gave it gust and sand-attack, and left it to me.

needless to say I caught it as soon as I could.

this just proves that a r/b/y game is not perfect, and that a gameboy pocket cartridge cannot have limits or the capacity to fine-tune a game so well that there are no flaws in the system.

I think it choses the level first, because, the game wouldn't pick pidgeotto, the make it level 9, right?

quid quo pro

Damion03676

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Dec 11, 2005
    LanceLite and MaxMan said:
    ~_~ Easy. Set Gameshark to make Pidgeotto appear everywhere. Go and catch a level 2 one at Route29, then train it to level 9.

Meh, its no myth.. busted or not. =P

You can do the same on RBY, 'cause thats the game where you got your level 9 Pidgeotto.

i'm looking at my gameshark now...there's no code that makes a certain pokemon appear everywhere.

also, isn't it strange that a pokemon trainer would have a megaman pic as his avatar AND one in his signature?

also also, lvl2 pidgey at route 29? anyone picking up on this?

Agent9

You could care less....
    Years
  • Damion03676 said:
    i'm looking at my gameshark now...there's no code that makes a certain pokemon appear everywhere.

also, isn't it strange that a pokemon trainer would have a megaman pic as his avatar AND one in his signature?

also also, lvl2 pidgey at route 29? anyone picking up on this?

no not really...alot of people have different sigs....me saw no code either. i go look gamefaqs.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Meh... don't double post dude. This ain't a chatroom.

Well, then it happened because of the MANY tiny little bugs and evil infrigments in the game.

Damion03676

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Dec 11, 2005
    evil infringements? tiny little bugs, yeah. but evil infringements?

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Meh... don't you get a joke? =P

Eh well, its on RBY by the way. How'll you get it on to Falkner? You can't trade it into GSC you know, and say "HEY FALKNER, GIFT FOR YOU, PLEASE USE IT TO KICK MY *** DURING THE BATTLE!" Hehe...

Well, the REASON for Nintendo putting the level 9 Pidgeotto in there is because a proper level 19 or up Pidgeotto would be especially hard for people to beat, especially when they're just STARTING the game.

They have a reason for putting it there, its not a myth dude. Stop acting like its one... well, you can easily get lv9 Pidgeotto in many ways.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back