• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

N00b Stopper

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I've got an idea for stopping the n00bs and flammers that come in here alot and joining...

An idea I would like to state is that in the rules before joining, put a sentence saying 'click the * to join' instead of clicking the accept button. That's what really gets n00bs b/c they never read:3 But then again, if there's no possible way to do this, forget I ever posted XD

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    You can't possibly expect them to read the rules. o_O; It's a thing of nature.

You can never stop 'n00bs' and flamers...they're practically an element of forums. Even if you must read the rules regarding that specific forum, it isn't guaranteed, because, after all, you aren't standing right next to them.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    No, they're talking about an admittance forum where you have to be accepted I think...

The point would be inconspicuously putting it in the rules....

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The difference between this and the idea in the other thread is that this one would require the person to read the rules for a hidden..."secret" so to speak. For example, at some inconspicuous place after the rules had been read, it might say, "click the word 'fish'" (and further down, the word 'fish' would indeed appear and by linked to the registration page--pardon my example word; I can't much think of anything more creative at the moment) rather than the member simply being required to mindlessly hit "Accept" to move on to the registration process. The other idea was more of a post-registration thing in which the member would be required to make a thread to meet certain conditions before full admission to the rest of the boards.

Anyway, this is a good idea in theory, but when actually applied, it would likely frustrate new members and thus result in their not joining. ^_^; Although, we would prefer to have, mm... a higher calibre of members, at times, we are still open to everyone, n00bs included. So going to such measures to divide and exclude them really goes against what we, as a community, stand for. I say just deal with them and if any get extra annoying, just report them to a staff member and we'll see what we can do.

Goblinaro

[Insert creative title here]
    Years
    Hey, that's offensive! I may have just joined AUG. 22, but that doesn't mead I'm a Noob! Some beginners read the rules! I took the time to read it, and don't forget, everybodys a noob once, even you, now how do you think this would make newcomers feel, huh? Did you even think how much it could possibly hurt their feeling or offend them? :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Sawyer

���
    Years
    everyone's a newb once, but not everybody is a n00b. n00bs aren't something you can just stop... what fun would it be without people that you can watch be really stupid? and... n00bs tend not to read the rules, but... they also tend to travel in groups, so if one of them reads the rules and tells the others how to join (hence the clicking the asterik), they'll find their way past it. and you can't tell if someone is already gonna be a n00b before they fully join :/

Batesymon

Tuesday!
    Years
    Goblinaro said:
    Hey, that's offensive! I may have just joined AUG. 22, but that doesn't mead I'm a Noob! Some beginners read the rules! I took the time to read it, and don't forget, everybodys a noob once, even you, now how do you think this would make newcomers feel, huh? Did you even think how much it could possibly hurt their feeling or offend them? :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
    N00bs is a term using the "L337 Language" saying that there are some who are not quite new and break rules and a terribly stupid.

Nah, I doubt you can. There are quite a few plot holes in that. Spammers might catch on.

Besides, a completely sensible person can turn up and follow everything as he should: "Click * button" he misses it and then he screws up.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I know I'd screw up. I never read carefully. I always skim.

Anyway, "n00b" is the term for a new member who registers, doesn't read the rules, spams constantly, etc. However, a more endearing term for new registers who *are* good members, is newbie, or newb. Whichever works.

I assure you, no offense was meant to all new members in these threads, just the ones with no regard for rules. <_<

Years
    We are not here to stop new people from coming. There is a difference between a n00b and a n00b spammer. New people come here and post how they do because they do not know any better. Im sure all of you were n00bs at some point. We want them to sign up, and if they make mistakes we can help them along, not turn them away because they simply do not under stand the error of their ways.

Now a n00b spamer is simply someone sitting home bored out their mind and have nothing better to do then find somewhere to spread their unhappiness.

nadan the water queen

My Username is dumb
    Years
    LilyPichu said:
    You can't possibly expect them to read the rules. o_O; It's a thing of nature.

You can never stop 'n00bs' and flamers...they're practically an element of forums. Even if you must read the rules regarding that specific forum, it isn't guaranteed, because, after all, you aren't standing right next to them.

That's true. I remember I didn't read the rules, and just look at my rep, now, for doing stuff I didn't know was bad. Hey-actually my rep isn't as bad as it was.........

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
    Basically, this whole topic is ignorance. Yeah, n00bs get annoying, but it's something we need to live with. When you leave your town and go into the world, there will be far more annoying people. Heck, you might even be one of those to someone else. Simply stated, everyone needs to just help out the n00bs, and if they don't stop their ways report them to a mod. Too easy, eh? :D

AbareMax

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Well then, maybe we can put something in the rules on 'how not to be a n00b' but not stating that directly? XD Hehe...n00bs do add randomly evil fun though..o_0 but I'm not here to diss them...

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Its a nice idea Chibi-chan, but as they say most people dont read the rules anyway and wouldn't see it.
    It does work for sites though, you'll always get n00bs and flamers at forums, its just somthing you have to deal with, thats why theres staffy ^0^

Years
    Aye, it is dude...though as many said before me...many people just skim...XD...this one time... I was reading the rules in a place that asked you to click on a specific word to enter the site...and it took me ages to find out what to do...even though I read the rules all the way through...that ****ed 'e' was to hard to find >.< XD

Anyways...adding something about not being a n00b...wouldnt really help because...n00b's just come here for the soul purpose of spamming and casuing havoc that sends mods and mebers alike up the wall! x_x
    *Dies*

Back