• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

n00b to threat

Tysonzero550

Night Sky Trainer
Years
  • Whats up, names Tyson, and i'm starting out in the world of competitive battling. however, i came to this website to see if anyone can help me. im sure someone can help me with my team. well, here goes...:
    latias@soul dew
    mild nature
    252 sAtk/252spd/4Hp
    dragon pulse
    psychic
    energy ball
    shadow ball

scizor@life orb
    adamant nature
    252 atk/100sDef/158def
    bug bite
    bullet punch
    pursuit
    roost

togekiss@letovers
    modest nature
    252sAtk/252Hp/4Spe
    air slash
    aura sphere
    thunder wave
    roost

and that's it so far, the main problems is what should the rest of the team look like, gyarados is a good option i think, but i think i should take out togekiss. what should my other 3 members be, im asking you guys for your opinions, please, i'm just starting out, i just need a little advice so i can become a challenge for others. if you have anything to say, im all ears!​

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    1) Is this an Uber team because Latias is Uber? And use Surf instead of Energy Ball.

2) Scizor wants 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe

Tysonzero550

Night Sky Trainer
    Years
  • ah! i got it!
    from the previous 3 i mentioned, ill drop the latias and togekiss, and keep scizor
    this will be my OU team

salamence@life orb
    outrage
    roost
    dragon dance
    substitute

infernape@choice scarf
    jolly natured
    252atk/252spe/4hp
    flare blitz
    close combat
    stone edge
    u-turn

bulky gyarados@leftovers
    156hp/72atk/96def/184spe
    adamant natured
    dragon dance
    waterfall
    earthquake
    bounce

scizor@life orb
    adamant natured
    252 atk/248hp/8spe
    bug bite
    bullet punch
    pursuit
    roost

my scizor has great IVs of 31 in his hp and attack stats too

tyranitar@leftovers
    stone edge
    earthquake
    crunch
    aqua tail

electivire@expert belt
    252atk/252spe/4def
    thunderpunch
    ice punch
    earthquake
    cross chop

this my full team. i was considering this build, so tell me what you think

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Bulky Gyarados wants Taunt not Eartquake. Bounce+Waterfall hits everything at least neutral except Empoleon and Lanturn. Lanturn isn't very viable in OU and Empoleon is crazy if it trys to beat Gyarados.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • I'll post here because i thought about this post before posting

while machamp is nice on that team, sacrificing electivire means you sacrifice your counter for electric type moves aimed at gyrados, no safe switch.

unresisted stab electric type moves may have you losing pokemon on this team.

plus as your going with hyper offensive team electivire (easy smogon link to electivire)Electivire might provide you with a sweep which is what your looking for with this team (its actually pretty decent once it gets a motor boost)
    but remember never to bring it out unless your A) really need it B) countering the electric type attack aimed at gyra

oh yeah all teams can be helped with the addition of stealth rock so here is a better lead than your current salamence. and its a special wall (kinda, don't think it can take repeated stab supereffective special moves)
    Tyranitar Lead
    Chesto Berry Adamant
    Moveset EVs
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Payback
    ~ Rest / Earthquake
    ~ Stealth Rock
    252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD

COOLER EDIT: After reading .Gamer's post i would still say you need a special attacker but less so as you now have a counter for the most common physical wall, skarmory, however you still fall prey to physical walls like gliscor

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • okay since this team needs a lot of work im not going to do a paragraph style rate like i normally would but there is some stuff your team is missing you need stealth rock more or less for your team to be decent and you need some other things that i will explain in bold text in the quote below also your pokemon need to have EVs and natures listed for every pokemon even if it isnt done yet we can know potential EVs
    ah! i got it!
    from the previous 3 i mentioned, ill drop the latias and togekiss, and keep scizor
    this will be my OU team

salamence@life orb
    232 Atk / 252 Spe / 24 SpAtk
    naive nature
    outrage
    fire blast
    dragon dance
    earthquake

First off dont use salamence as a lead its not a good lead and use the set suggested above

infernape@choice scarf
    adamant natured
    252atk/252spe/4hp
    flare blitz
    close combat
    stone edge
    u-turn

it wants an adamant nature since its already fast as hell without it looks good otherwise

bulky gyarados@leftovers
    156hp/72atk/96def/184spe
    adamant natured
    dragon dance
    waterfall
    taunt
    bounce

the main lure of bulky gdos is taunt for preventing moves like thunder wave and toxic and healing stuff so put that over eq

scizor@choice band
    adamant natured
    252 atk/248hp/8spe
    u-turn
    bullet punch
    pursuit
    superpower

my scizor has great IVs of 31 in his hp and attack stats too

if you want to use an LO set use bug bite / bullet punch/swords dance/roost or brick break with 32 hp/252 atk / 220 spe

tyranitar@lum or chesto berry
    252 hp / 36 atk / 220 sdef
    adamant nature
    payback
    stone edge
    stealth rock
    rest / earthquake

make this guy your lead. sets up ss (which doesn't hurt your team that much ) sets up stealth rock too which is very helpful rest or eq is if you want to heal yourself or if you want to be more offensive if you use rest always run chesto berry

electivire@expert belt
    36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
    thunderbolt
    hidden power ice/hidden power grass (ice punch works i guess if you can't rng for the right hidden power but you will hit like a girl :[)
    flamethrower
    cross chop

vire kinda sucks but use that set if you are going to use him

this my full team. i was considering this build, so tell me what you think

so yeah... team needed a lot of work hopefully my changes helped and sorry for not using punctuation im tired and lazy

Tysonzero550

Night Sky Trainer
    Years
  • Scizor, T-tar and electric fillers (Zapdos, Rotom, and Electivire)

what about Zapdos as a replacement for vire since vire needs to go. zapdos has excellent sAtk and good speed. plus he has acess to moves like heat wave, t-bolt, and roost. or dual screen rotom could be a good wall on my team. speaking of that, i have a Rotom with these moves

t-bolt
    shadow ball
    leaf storm
    will-o-wisp
    calm nature
    not EV trained yet, and is at level 31
    i could try training that.

just as well, i could replace bulky g-dos with vaporeon to avoid being COMPLETELY annihilated by HP electric, plus that massive hp stat works wonders.
    mamoswine or gliscor can work too.
    they make a good counter to electric type moves,plus mamoswin packs ice moves (Avalanche) while gliscor can be a great lead, but i like t-tar as a better lead.
    also, ill make T-Tar my lead,knowing these moves

stone edge
    payback/crunch
    stealth rock
    rest/earthquake
    adamant with chesto/lum berry

i only put vire in there cause he covers very well with gyarados. and as we all know, motor drive is very useful, with t-bolt being common and all.

as a last note, is choice items what is suggested for scizor?
    i liked life orb for him better, and he can roost of its recoil.
    also, why use choice scarf if his bullet punch moves first anyways?
    life orb may not be as brutal as choice band, but he can switch between moves, and as stated earlier, he can just "roost off the pain"

Scizor@life orb
    bug bite/u-turn
    bullet punch
    superpower
    roost

as far as everything else goes, it looks great

Last edited:
    Back