• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nah, Jazz is awful. How can you like it?

Years
  • R&B = the worst music ever.
    Indie Music = just as bad
    Lady Gaga = idiot.

I don't care what other people listen too, when they try and defend something that I clearly think sucks, that is when I tell them to go away.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • For the record, I like it when artists sample with jazz beats, but I can't listen to just jazz and stick with it.

I try to give everything a chance, but I tend to give a negative response towards the Screamo or Hardcore genre. I can basically stand every other genre, except those two. I don't usually hear other people's music, as they always listen to their iPod and I can't hear anything from it. Whenever I do, it's usually from my friends and we have the same musical taste. However, on occasions, I would ask to see a person's iPod and see what they have on it. I do occasionally see Bring Me the Horizon or Devil Wears Prada and I respect their taste. I have nothing wrong with them liking those bands, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Years
  • I try to be open to all styles of music, but some styles I find difficult to enjoy overall. Even then, though, I'll still pick out parts of a song that I like. An extreme example: Simple Plan are the lamest band on earth in my opinion - typical pop-punk garbage combined with incredibly whiny vocals - but I can enjoy for example the guitar riff at the start of their song "Me Against The World" before the vocals come in. That's an example.

But the thing is I'm not going to discriminate on people based on music taste. It just so happens that I get along better with people who have a similar music taste because I'm a boring person and the majority of what I talk about is music, so it's not intentional that I make friends with people who have what I would consider a better music taste than the average person.

I try to find good things with every genre. Country music for instance may have a good guitar part while the over-American-accented vocals ruin it for me, or NWA might have a pretty cool beat in their songs but the constant swearing and lack of lyrics I can relate to ruin it for me. Of course, there are some things I can't see any good in, but I try my best.

Case study: it's irritating when some of my indie-listening friends criticise me for listening to AC/DC. For those not in the know, AC/DC has had two main vocalists - Bon Scott who played their earlier stuff (Jailbreak, Highway to Hell etc.) and Brian Johnson, who took over after Bon Scott died (basically everything after 1980) - and what most people hear is Brian Johnson-era stuff, which I personally don't like. People who generalise with music, in this case the indie friends, don't even bother to try and listen to the music in order to make an informed decision, or in this case listen to the Bon Scott era and see the difference between vocalists.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I hate it when someone make fun of a singer (Justin Bebiler being an example) because the singer still has his/her's own feelings. I usually stick to some pop, RnB and Rock music. I never really liked jazz or classial (ugh..) music.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • First off I'm kind of a music snob/elitist/hipster however you want to call it. But I will listen to anything so long as it is good/appealing. Now good is subjective, and can mean many things and there are different ways to quantify good. But if it doesn't have substance or at least something that could be called music. I try to at least respect artists that don't enjoy listening to if they have talent.

I'll try and respect others tastes in music, especial if they are artists that I think are talented but I just can't seem to enjoy. But then their are people that to me just seem so helpless lost in in their music, or haven't been exposed to what truly amazing music can sound like, and in that case I don't try berate them, but I do attempt to introduce them to artists that I feel have some talent or are worth listening to.

All that being said, there are probably fallacies or hypocrisy in this point. Feel free to point them out and I'll try to explain myself better.

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
  • I hate Justin Bieber haters, (I AIN'T A FAN), as they are too criticizing. I mean, how would you like it if some retards kept tellin you to "stop listening to your music it sucks" I honestly like BrokeNCYDE, which has ratings at 47 at AP. I hate haters, clearly.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • I give terrible music genres a chance before I talk about them. Like rap, I've tried to like it, but I just don't like it. Same with hippity hip. It's all in opinion. Some people could bash me for liking the music I like, but they don't. (well, yeah, they do.)

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I do tend to keep an open mind and I usually listen to them first before making my opinion. There are still a few genres that I still dislike, however. They are: Country and rap. Out of those two, I have found very few good artists with the rest I have listened to being crap in my opinion. To keep the firestorm away, I will not list any names.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    I like Jazz music, but I prefer more contemporary smooth jazz over classical jazz. My favorite genre of music is Jazz-Asian Folk fusion (Look up Hiroshima).

As for classical music. I am generally not a fan of classical music (except for a few Wagner, Tchaikovsky and Bach masterpieces). However, I really like military marches. Give me a good masterpiece from the Soviet Red Army Choir, the Democratic People's Republic of (North) Korea's army band, Nazi marching music or even a few pieces from the US Military :-D

However, I do not like country, punk, reggae, ska, pop or gangsta rap music at all.

Back