• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naked Jesus causes 5 vehicle crash

Zet

Years
  • DARIEN (AP) — Police said a naked man "yelling that he was Jesus" was the catalyst for a five-vehicle accident on northbound Interstate 95 in Darien that injured three people and slowed traffic for nearly six hours Saturday.

Police Sgt. Jeremiah Marron said officers responded to reports that a nude male was causing a disturbance on I-95. As police arrived, the man got into a car, but police were able to pull over the vehicle.

Police say a tractor-trailer driver then slammed on the brakes to avoid another driver distracted by the highway commotion. The big-rig jackknifed, careened into four cars and flipped over.

Rescue workers extricated the driver of the tractor-trailer.

The naked man's name was not released. It was not immediately known if he was charged.

I'm surprised something like this could make the news, but it makes me wonder if the guy was under the influence of any drugs.
    source

also inb4diesforoursins

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I lol'd harder than I ever have while reading a news story. XD

I'm a terrible person. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...Only Zet would make a thread about this. XD;

That's just wrong, lol. Um, poor people that got injured though.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Bwhahaha. Don't gaze upon Heysus's holy member, and you won't cause a pile-up. Simple as that.

aribradshaw2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    im an athiest, so i think this is HILARIOUS! LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLol

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Um... where is the funny?

Seriously why are people humoured by this? I'm puzzled. It's just a crash, what's so funny about a crash?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I guess his "holy trinity" was just too much for those people.

Okay that was a terrible joke, but thats funny. At least nobody died and just got a few cuts and bruises.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Um... where is the funny?

Seriously why are people humoured by this? I'm puzzled. It's just a crash, what's so funny about a crash?
    It's the 'naked Jesus' part, people who have seen it are probably thinking of this video which is funny by the same following principle (and makes this news post 'funnier' by manner of real-life repetition): Laughable concept X makes serious business Y happen; this is unusual, humans like unusual things, so "hilarity ensues". It's not so much funny as simply natural to laugh because it's such an awkward juxtaposition — the body knows no other response.

Note: Not my opinion, just a (hopefully) objective explanation.

Last edited:

SamCooper

Veteran Trainer (2000-2010)
    Years
  • I've often wondered if the Second Coming of Christ has happened already at some point, but everyone thought he was just some nutjob.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • Hahaha, that article made me laugh. xD I'm tempted to say "Hooray for all them crazy nut jobs who think they're Jesus!" BUT considering a car crashed was involved I know I shouldn't :<

Back