• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Name Change (Mods, Don't attack Me)

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • No mods, before you close this thread, not name changes in PC. I'm talking about real life. Do you see a point in changing your name? Like if you were John, do you see a point into changing it into something like Lewis?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • When I get older I'm planning on changing my first name so that it has the English spelling, which is what I use already anyway.
    I'm going to drop my last name, replace it with my middle name and then change my middle name to something like James.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I wouldn't really want to have a name change. It would be like a sex transplant but less physical @~@.

I also think the only reason a person should change their name is if their parents where retarded enough to give a name of the opposite gender. I think even a 10 year old can hold that legal responsibility.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I would never have a name change in my life. My names are very unique and they give me a name, so no. I would not give myself a name change in a million years.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Nope, I like my name. I'd never change it. It would be much too weird for my friends and family to cope with =/

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • No. I have quite a unique name... and being referred to by a different name would just be weird IMO.

Years
  • Although it annoys me when people misspell my name because of how it's spelled, I don't think I'd ever change it. I find it unique, and it's nice how I can just devise so many short names for myself. And because of how it's spelled, I kinda have two names, since my name in Polish is Ola. I like my name, odd spelling or not.

And it'd just be weird to change my name. I'd feel like a totally different person. xD

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I'm not particularly fond of my name because I find it pretty boring, but its not bad enough to the extent that I would change it.
    I've already got my named changed. Not officially. I just consider myself under a new name: Angel. And thus, that's what I'm referred as, since I don't like my original name and I don't think it fits me.

Also, I'm rearranging my whole name to make it sound awesome, but girly. I don't care, anyhow.
    Rick > Angel and Rick is part of Derrick... hmph. >:(

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    No, I don't find anything wrong with my name.
    I actually prefer it over other names, even if it did take a few years for me to accept it.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Nope, I have no intention of getting my name changed. Because if I did, it would probably be to 'Zam.' :P

...and my actual name suits me better in real life, methinks. XD

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe the most common reason for name changing is when a couple get married, and one changes his/her surname to match the other's, heh. But of course, this is getting less common methinks(my cousin got married last year and kept her name ^_^). Now if I ever get married, I wouldn't require my spouse to get a name change, nor would I change mine. =P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I like my name and i'm never changing it:> Besides, it would be hard to get used to everyone calling you a different name suddenly.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I doubt I would ever really want to change my name these days, but it's something I really did want to do for the longest time when I was younger. No one actually call me by the name I was given, so it seems a little odd to have that as a name when the name I am called isn't actually some short nickname, but a proper name all in itself.

Adagio~

♪ s.l.o.w.b.e.a.t ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    I actually like my name, even though I usually go by a nickname anyways.
    But I've always wanted to have something not so normal, like movie star names. Some of the names they choose for their kids are pretty unique~

When I was younger I wanted to change my name to Promise, ( I think it's so pretty, and unusual ), but now I just really want to name my little girl that someday instead~ ^3^

Years
  • No mods, before you close this thread, not name changes in PC.

...darn, I was ready to chomp off your head. XD

My name is my identity whether I like it or not. I'm not fond of changing anything that has represented who I am throughout the years, especially the handle in which every single person I've met so far know me as. Despite the fact that I actually used to dislike my name, I've grown to like it over time.

Back