• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Name Changing

PokemonSprite2007

Revenge & Rebirth
    Years
    So, I'm an old memeber returning, and I want to change my username. I feel kinda stupid with this username. How would I go about doing so?

If a mod or someone with the power to do so is reading this, could they change my username to Nega Kyo. Thanks!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    You can't change your username due to it causing server stress. Create a new account instead :)

PokemonSprite2007

Revenge & Rebirth
    Years
    You can't change your username due to it causing server stress. Create a new account instead :)

I understand that adding the function would cause Server Stress, but am I allowed to personally request someone to change mine? Or does that one change cause server stress also?

Its not like I'm too lazy to make a new account, I just wanna keep this one that says I've been a member since 2008. :3

Zet

Years
    I understand that adding the function would cause Server Stress, but am I allowed to personally request someone to change mine? Or does that one change cause server stress also?

Its not like I'm too lazy to make a new account, I just wanna keep this one that says I've been a member since 2008. :3
    Any name change causes stress, and it shouldn't matter if you're from 08, just make a mention of it.

Also for future reference you should check for previous threads about names changes since there already is quite a few of them saying why name changes aren't happening any more.

Last edited:

PokemonSprite2007

Revenge & Rebirth
    Years
    Any name change causes stress, and it should matter if you're from 08, just make a mention of it.

Also for future reference you should check for previous threads about names changes since there already is quite a few of them saying why name changes aren't happening any more.

Oh, ok. I understand.

Is that a typo for shouldn't?

Years
    Honestly, I hardly even check how long a member's been at PC. There's members on here who have been here for six or seven years whose current accounts were only made a year or two ago - it doesn't really make a difference.

Welcome back, anyway.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Honestly, I hardly even check how long a member's been at PC. There's members on here who have been here for six or seven years whose current accounts were only made a year or two ago - it doesn't really make a difference.

That sounds just like you're describing me. XD

The account I abandoned had a 2003 join date and 3,300+ posts, so I hope you can afford to lose a 2008 join date and 7 posts. :P

Back