• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] NameError for something that wasn't edited

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    EDIT: Problem resolved! There was just a few missing semicolons and an end statement.

When I try to playtest I get this error:

Script 'PokeBattle_Clauses' line 60: NameError occurred.
    undefined method 'pbUseMove' for class 'PokeBattle_Battler'

I don't know what went wrong, since I never edited anything in PokeBattle_Clauses. Anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

For reference, what I have been editing since the last successful playtest:
    1. added Ash-Greninja and Battle Bond, following the instruction in this thread: "ULTRA NECROZMA & GRENINJA-ASH" (apparently I'm not allowed to post links yet. Sorry.)
    2. Got a SyntacError in PokeBattle_Battler and fixed it by adding "end" to the very end (even though I'm not sure why it even needed an extra "end")

Last edited:

Braze

TQ Supremacy
    Years
    Try removing those two things you did and if it runs well, It means you've done something wrong within them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    That second thing you did almost certainly is the cause of your problems. It sounds like you forgot an end inside one of the functions, and by putting it at the end you effectively deleted a load of functions including pbUseMove.

Braze

TQ Supremacy
    Years
    That second thing you did almost certainly is the cause of your problems. It sounds like you forgot an end inside one of the functions, and by putting it at the end you effectively deleted a load of functions including pbUseMove.

OH yes that thing is it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    GOT IT!
    I just had to look back through everything and saw that I missed an end statement and a couple semicolons. Now it's all working AND I learned more about end statements. Thank, guys.

Back