• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Names, Names, and More Names.

Taste In Names?

• Total voters

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I picked uncommon. I'd probably call my son Ant, or something like that. Does Anthony count as uncommon? ^_^.

And i would NEVER change my name! I love it. It's Toby. Quite a strange name to have, i'd hate to be called Sam or something, because that is sooooo common!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I would name my kids after my parents of course to keep the tradition of that. I would rename myself Danamore only cause it sounds cool and goes with my last name.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    What would you name your kids?
    Boy: Neko, Caden, Hutch
    Girl: Emily, Adel, Alary

What names do you like?
    I like ones that no one uses much anymore. I don't like things like Roger, Ronald, and Benjamin that will give them a lame nickname. Names from other countries are cool~

What would you rename yourself?

My name's Teresa and I'd like to keep it that way.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    What would you name your kids-Girl-Aerith, Yuffie,Sarah-Blue
    Boy-Cloud,Vixen
    What names do you like-
    Well mostly stuff out of video games
    What would rename yourself?-Well im not
    Or frankly, what kind of names in general tickle your fancy-
    2nd Question!

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    What would you name your kids-Girl-Aerith, Yuffie,Sarah-Blue
    Boy-Cloud,Vixen
    What names do you like-
    Well mostly stuff out of video game

That is not only a bad a idea, it's a really bad idea. ESPECIALLY Sarah-Blue and Vixen (on a guy? I mean come on, that's not only a chick's name, it refers to a chick that's very feminine and hot).

I'm sorry, but I reallllllly hope you don't name your kids that...

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    That is not only a bad a idea, it's a really bad idea. ESPECIALLY Sarah-Blue and Vixen (on a guy? I mean come on, that's not only a chick's name, it refers to a chick that's very feminine and hot).

I'm sorry, but I reallllllly hope you don't name your kids that...

I'm sorry, but your totallllly missing the point of this thread.
    This thread is for saying what kind of names you like, not bashing other's tastes.

(Sorry if anyone thinks I'm mini-modding, but I don't want other's name tastes to be discouraged).

Getting back on topic,
    Sarah-Blue isn't a bad name, did it also come from a video game (my best guess would be a Final Fantasy, from your other names)?

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    I'm not missing the point of this thread. I'm just trying to save her kids from some horrible teasing and her from some very bad criticism. I mean, if I knew someone that named their kid after a video game character, I'd think that they cared more about games than their child, and assume they were a negligent or immature parent.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    I'm not missing the point of this thread. I'm just trying to save her kids from some horrible teasing and her from some very bad criticism. I mean, if I knew someone that named their kid after a video game character, I'd think that they cared more about games than their child, and assume they were a negligent or immature parent.

Yes, you are.

The point of this thread is to state what kind of names you like.
    You may also vote on the poll.

And... do you have any affect on what someone names their kids?

Just to say the truth, I was hoping to name my kids the name I stated on the first post of the thread.

(Sons: Octavius, Inigo. Daughters: Ursula, maybe Cheri)

Kids will make fun of anyone these days, so would it really make a difference?
    No.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    GIRLS - Amanda, Lois, Chloe, Megan, Alesha, Solange, Alicia.
    BOYS - Jamie, Stephen, Craig, Leon, Lee, Anthony, Jordan, Fionn.

Yeah... I have a sorta common-random-ish taste :)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    May as well answer this:

What would you name your kids: If boy, Matthew, If girl, Molly (If you need a reason, then you're kind of weird...)

What names do you like: Boris. It's one of those manly names.

What would rename yourself: I wouldn't for the world. Well, unless I changed it to Boris...

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
    Years
    I like really out there names. I'm not having any kids, and therefore am not naming then anything. But I have a mental list of crazy, beautiful names. If I ever remember any of them, I'll post :3

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
    My situation is a tad different since I won't be naming my kids with English names anyway. But I definitely like uncommon Finnish names more than the ultra-boring common ones. Especially since I have a very uncommon but very Finnish last name :laugh:

Anyway, if I had to name my children without consulting my fiancée first... Let's see. For girls, I've been thinking names like Milka, Mira, and Lumi. If I get into a Japanese university and move over there, of course the names would be ones that are easy for Japanese people to pronounce (or Japanese names), like maybe Mai or Akari. For boys, the names would be something like Kai, Matias, and Janne.

Some of those names are pretty international, though ^-^

Sasuke Hinamori

Just living life.
    Years
    Boy: Tristan and Lucas
    Girl: Liley and Courtney
    What names do you like?
    Not commen.
    What would rename yourself?
    Rose Bianca Ivy Ross
    Or frankly, what kind of names in general tickle your fancy.
    Laruel, Kate, and Dana.

Last edited:

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
    I like not-common-at-all names

I have always loved those kind of names.
    They're always so interesting and usually have a entertaining story behind them.
    So yeah, that's me!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2011
    Male:Josh or Rob Female: Maddie or Jessica

What names do you like?
    I like most common names.

What would rename yourself?
    Ha ha I don't quite know but I have something in mind.

Back