• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naming Hackmon

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    How does everyone make up the names for Hacked Pokemon? Anything will help right now...I never see creative names like the first gen had (Horse + Sea = Horsea, a horse from the sea) which is clever

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • When I make up names for my hacked Pokémon, I usually take a few words, that's got something to do with the Pokémon, I've "created", in one way or another. To give a few examples:

"Dolphreeze", a dual-type Water/Ice Pokémon based on a dolphin. (Dolphin + Freeze)
    "Chimtsu", a dual-type Normal/Fighting Pokémon based on a Chimpanzee. (Chimpanzee + Ninjutsu)
    "Canbur", a Fire-type Pokémon based on a candle. (Candle + Burn)
    "Psyclord", a dual-type Ghost/Psychic Pokémon based on a sort of cyclops. (Psychic + Cyclops + Lord)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • It depends on what it is based on. For example, I made a Electric Eel Pokemon and named it Eelock (Eel + Shock.) So yeah, for me, it depends on what it's based on. XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    not sure about this one . hmm maybe you could do some language translations to make it authentic

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I like to find scientific or archaic words related to the fakemon's basis and make a simple portmanteau with another word that relates to its typing or abilities.

Of the fakemon names I've created in my mind, my favorite is "Capcinerate", a portmanteau of "capsicum" and "incinerate" for a fire/grass jalapeno pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2012
    I'd probably name them based on their base pokemon what they do/type:
    scarangoo: Kangaroo + Scary(ghost)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah pretty sure the thread maker doesn't need naming help anymore. ;x

Naming Hackmon

Status