• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NaNoWriMo Discussion Thread

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • Getting a job totally destroyed my chances of getting this done. ;__; All my free time is now into work and school.

Have fun doing your stories everyone. :3 Keep us updated on your word count!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • The first day of writing and I have... 0 words written! Actually, I haven't even come up with my plot yet. I'm leaning towards fanfiction rather than original because that just requires too much brain power.

Years
  • I want to do it, but it will be hard for me. I have trouble sustaining any story, so I may not be able to do it. Oh well. I don't have a plot idea either, so I may be a late starter. Also, should we post here when we reach certain amounts of words?
    You can here whenever you reach a certain word count or just pop in and say how you're doing so far.

As for how I'm doing, I'm up to 4500 words, but that may change when I upload how much I've done to the NaNoWriMo site for a more official word count.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • In my English class, we were making short stories in the last week of October. I just finished the first draft. it's probably a day and a half worth of NaNoWriMo cramming.
    Is that cheating?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Erm..that's pretty dishonest, actually. D; Especially if you've already written a lot and then submit it. It's supposed to be what you can do for the month. >; That'd be like me submitting short stories I've written for class that I didn't start during this month.

Years
  • In my English class, we were making short stories in the last week of October. I just finished the first draft. it's probably a day and a half worth of NaNoWriMo cramming.
    Is that cheating?

If it's only a day and a half of work, it's not worth the cheating. ;p However, you could use the characters from it, perhaps, and make a new story out of it. Just make sure you don't use any of that written text in the NaNo itself.

Last year, my NaNo was kind of a rewrite of a story I wrote ages ago. The characters and setting were recycled, along with some concepts in it, but for the most part, the plot was original. That's perfectly legal, from what I've been told.

Might not be in the true spirit of NaNo, but screw them -- I needed the NaNo spirit to get it down. >:O

Hippy! said:
    Is anyone else having trouble loading nanowrimo.org?

Yeah, it's been busy the past two days.

I have 7110 words written so far! (Yes, I haven't updated the NaNo counter yet.) I feel like I'm going a bit too fast, though. I'll have to slow down before moving on. Only problem is, I have no idea what I want to write. :/ Probably about the relationship between two of the characters. They are supposed to hook up, after all... I just didn't want the romance to be a major point in this part of the story. XD;;

Years
  • I agree with what Popwar said. Usually, NaNoWriMo's all about starting off with a clean slate and see if you can reach the word goal by just constant writing.

That's the way to do it. If you have a lot of stuff already made and just slapped it in there is not very fulfilling in the end.

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
    Years
  • Yeah, I have not gotten to one thousand words yet, so I'm most likely going to fail. So my new goal is ten thousand at least, but whatever. Since I haven't even made it past the prologue, due to the fact that I have no experience describing sword fighting scenes, I was wondering if someone could help me with describing said scenes.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well, I started six days late and I've reached 1,542. I'll keep writing for another eight hours and I'll hopefully reach ten thousand by the end of the session.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • You're supposed to post this in the NaNoWriMo thread, Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses. :[ That's why we made that thread. I'll just move your post and mine there.

Years
  • Week one of NaNoWriMo's over and right now, I'm on my personal goal of making the 50,000 word deadline by November 30th.

As of right now, I have 11,855 words done. Now that it's Saturday for me, I hope I can have a major writing fest like I had when I started this challenge.

Back