• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nanyo Adventures

How are the maps of this game?

• Total voters

HentaiHentai

Banned
Years
  • Nanyo Adventures - Alpha Released

POKEMON NANYO ADVENTURES
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

AS OF 03-16-2009 9:15pm PST -8
    Pokemon Nanyo Adventures (NanyoADVS for short) is in REV 03-B and has been unreleased new screenshots however have been uploaded.
    Note: Im also looking for a nice template to make this post look amazing. Not sure what format it would be CSS, PHpbb? Idk. Help would be appreciated.

~~ Short Story ~~
    (( if you feel the full story looks to long... ))
    Player, Embarks to collect jewels, that were
    stolen. They contain great strength. You need
    them to claim the title of Ikki Tousen.
    (Pokemon Master)

~~ STORY ~~
    Spoiler:

~~ Features ~~
    NOTE: This game will be LONG and HARD. (No jokes)
    Trainers, gym leaders, quests, etc will be difficult and require MUCH back and FORTH.
    Battling Academies.
    Every item in game has its uses. Ex: every key item will be used and required for something.
    4 World Maps.
    New Character sprites.
    New Menus.
    Up-dated and new tiles.
    AN entire new and complete story line.
    Few new pokemon.
    More then 8 Badges, possiblity of 24+.
    Only 8 badges are required to challenge the Elite Four.
    MANY easter eggs as well as the secret room in Zelda. Link To the Past.
    Hidden Info Room. (Hack creators background, hobbies, etc., Inspiration, & an Exclusive Pokemon)
    Nanyo Academy is the Pokemon League.

Note: Features subject to change. New features will also be added.
    Note: Being a son of Zelda and Metroid, I have re-used many of the same aspects in the design and planning of this game. If you are familiar with Metroid then you will be aware of the constant re-travel you must make. I loved that about Metroid. Example: In Pokemon alot of times, maps are only good for that one visit. That one item, etc. then you dont return. In this hack EVERY map is required to visit 2-3 times more then it would if you just went there for the GYM etc. Zelda, you had to go WAY out of the way sometimes to find rare items, here too. Enjoy. -Posted on- 2-20-09

~!!NEW!! SCREENSHOTS~
    Spoiler:

~SCREENSHOTS~

Spoiler:

~~ CREDITS & THANKS ~~

created by: Darrell Meadows
    alias' HentaiHentai/Shadowlink77/PsychoBlack
    Those are all me. HentaiHentai is most used.

Darrell - Mapper, Spriter, Scripter, Tester, & All around editor.
    Thethethethe - Many things, PokeScript tut.
    Irish Witch - Pokescript
    HackMew - XSE, and tut, Other tools.
    Dtrough - Title Screen TUT.
    Zeikku - Graphic tuts
    RaiRaiKun - XSE tut
    Dante - Fire Red Inro hero tut
    TB Pro - Few helpfull threads.
    Magnius - Pokemon Music Hacking
    Neti - Tile Isnerting
    Zel - For making shiny gold
    Lu-Ho - A-Map

and to someone on youtube for posting a PSP custom firmware tutorial, w/out that it may have been a while to find shiny gold and then find this place.

Thank you, to anyone else I havent mentioned. I will update your names if i forgot you.

Last edited:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Do you really want my oppinon on this hack. Because I will tear it apart

Okay here we go

Mapping

Mapping is terrable. Some maps are clearly the origional maps with small edits. Miss use of tiles is terrable and I see you've try to use tiles that just don't go with the building.
    The palletes look horrible on those tiles. They are more suited to DP tiles.
    Having a ledge in a path is perfectly fine in routes but in city it's a big no-no.

Scripting
    No comment.

Overall this hack really needs more work put into it.
    And releasing an Alpha when no scripts have been done is just stupid.[/rant]

Okay thats my two cents.

HentaiHentai

Banned
    Years
  • Do you really want my oppinon on this hack. Because I will tear it apart

Okay here we go

Mapping

Mapping is terrable. Some maps are clearly the origional maps with small edits. Miss use of tiles is terrable and I see you've try to use tiles that just don't go with the building.
    The palletes look horrible on those tiles. They are more suited to DP tiles.
    Having a ledge in a path is perfectly fine in routes but in city it's a big no-no.

Scripting
    No comment.

Overall this hack really needs more work put into it.
    And releasing an Alpha when no scripts have been done is just stupid.[/rant]

Okay thats my two cents.

No! Thank you! honestley, I only released this because I kept looking at the maps and I was bummed out, I knew I wasnt putting My all I just wanted respect that comes with a good hack. So, Thank you that was nice to here Im gonna get to the maps, was there any maps even worth saving?

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    No! Thank you! honestley, I only released this because I kept looking at the maps and I was bummed out, I knew I wasnt putting My all I just wanted respect that comes with a good hack. So, Thank you that was nice to here Im gonna get to the maps, was there any maps even worth saving?

No I'm afraid
    Most of them were just edits of origional maps
    And most were too square

HentaiHentai

Banned
    Years
  • No I'm afraid
    Most of them were just edits of origional maps
    And most were too square

Ok, again thank you. I felt the same way I just wasnt able to place it.
    Im gonna start new. Ill also spend more time on mapping, and other stuff, so that when it comes time to release it will be awsome. Im think I will delete this thread then. Again, it was nice to hear another opinion on it.

Years
  • Hey this looked like one of my old hacks with bad mapping, scripting ect..
    but nobody wanted to join my team so i know how you feel but you will get alot better trust me.
    so to help you out, can i be your mapper ?

HentaiHentai

Banned
    Years
  • Hey this looked like one of my old hacks with bad mapping, scripting ect..
    but nobody wanted to join my team so i know how you feel but you will get alot better trust me.
    so to help you out, can i be your mapper ?

Yeah, that would be cool, Umm..Welcome to the team. xD
    Right, now I plan to start over and I had in mind a specific direction I wanted it to go, so I might be a lil picky, (but obviously I didnt do so well myself XD) Right now, Im talking to Ziekku over tiles, so when thats done Ill send you a link.

-Bump-
    Ok, well im back, I have restarted this hack and I plan to make this something that im proud of and not something Im using for fame. If fame comes of it, then I know that others approve if not I still know I approve.

Anyways, New palettes, new tiles, new maps, etc.

Same story, subject to mior changes.

Thank You, All for viewing. I will be uploading new images shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:

HentaiHentai

Banned
    Years
  • ok,ok,ok dont get me wrong but the maps are a bit oringal,
    Ive gort nothing to say with scripting and
    thats it other than that good luck XD

Original as in not much changes from the Nintendo made maps?

I am aware of that and have restarted this hack new screenshots and such have been posted. Please check it out feedback would be appreciated.

~HH

HentaiHentai

Banned
    Years
  • Looks good, but the screens are abit too small.
    Good luck !

So when do i start mapping ?

So, you still want to be a part. Thats good xD
    Let me get a few things in order and Ill get it over to ya.
    I require a lil liway time, because im slightly busy at the moment.
    But ill hurry up and get things going.

Poké!

And as the world ends...
    Years
  • This is gonna be awesome when it comes out.
    I can't wait, and... I dunno what I was gonna say.

HentaiHentai

Banned
    Years
  • This is gonna be awesome when it comes out.
    I can't wait, and... I dunno what I was gonna say.

Thank you! I am glad you appreciate it.
    Its still going I crashed a ROM so I need to back track and re-insert the progress I had made.
    But Its a good thing I keep Mutliple REVisions of it! :)

HentaiHentai

Banned
    Years
  • -BUMP-
    Okay, I have made more progress, and have decided to follow Rijon Adventures and keep the OAK script, to get your first pokemon. It works and its easy. Besides, the OAK script isnt what makes the game its what you do throughout, that makes it.

BIG NOTE:
    This game will be VERY VERY difficult.
    Example: The first GYM leader has a lvl 20 POKEMON.

NOTE:
    This game will contain alot of trainers and you will have an increase of 1 maybe 2k when you first start the game. Also, items like; Hm02 Fly, Cut, Surf, will NOT just be given to you. If it is then its CRITICAL "or" the person may have you complete a set amount of tasks.

Also please know that I understand the consequences of the HIGHER LVL trainers, however I will make the nessecary requirements to keep them that way.

Questions and Comments, PLEASE feel free to ask.

EDIT:
    Also, note I will be taking beta testers anytime from here till the end of next week. || Im not sure when ill be ready just know that its still WIP and if you want to beta let me know. ||

As for other members of my team, unfortuantley I will not be accepting members, as for anyone I gave the O.K. to I would like to apologize, I would like my first "completed" hack to be done single handedly.
    Doing, an entire game, by yourself, from scratch is a VERY good learning expierence.

This hack looks better more often, Im SURE it will be continued through to completion.

Thank You, Darrell

Back