• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naruto : A New World [M] [OOC+SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm thinking I might make a kurotenshi/akatsuki character after all xD

@JNathan - Don't forget to send me the overview before you post it xD

Name: Shin Kaito (In Western order)
Nickname: Shin is often referred to by his last name, but no more than his first.
Age (must be more than 15): 21

Appearance (long description or picture + short description): Shin has the kind of look that suggests he was once very handsome, but that former glory is mostly gone and has been replaced with a savage and intense appearance. Shin's features are the perfect balance of rounded and angular. Shin is tall young man standing at around 6'3 and is of a thin but very well-tones stature. He has skin that is naturally quite pale, a trait common to his family, but that has received a light tan from his travels. His hair is is a dark charcoal colour that most would mistake as black at first glance and is shaggy and wild looking. Shin wears his hair so that it falls over his ears at the sides and reaches about a quarter of the way down his neck and with a shorter fringe that falls across his forehead but is a long way from obscuring his vision. His eyes are quite angular, matching his sharp nose, and have unusual irises that are a violent red colour and will sometimes be seen with a slight glow to them when in combat. Shin almost always has a frown or scowl present on his face and gives off a sort of intensity with his presence. His right arm is heavily scarred as is most of his torso.

Shin wears simple black pants with deep pockets (although they are hardly visible on the dark fabric) and a grey, collarless flack jacket vest in the same style that most of the hidden villages though. Below this vest he doesn't wear a shirt but the extensive bandaging that covers the more vulnerable and heavily scarred skin of his torso and right arm is visible (his left shoulder is covered but not the arm). Over this outfit he will also frequently wear the traditional robe worn by first the original akatsuki and now the kurotenshi, sometimes open and sometimes closed - his however has many hidden pockets within the inside. Around his right leg he wears a dark blue pouch that contains several useful ninja tools that he can access easier than those he conceals in his coat. He wears thick, fingerless, gloves with metal plates on the top of the hand (for blocking) and the footwear typical of shinobi in a grey colour. He does not wear a headband, slashed or otherwise, as he never belonged to an actual hidden village.

Chakra Nature (Fire, Earth, Water, Wind, Electricity): Fire
2nd Nature: Water
Your side (Akatsuki or Ninja Alliance): Akatsuki/Kurotenshi
Skills (Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu and Stamina): I'm feeling excessive so I'm writing it like the databooks...

Ninjutsu: 5
Taijutsu: 3.5
Genjutsu: 5
Intelligence: 3.5
Strength: 3.5
Speed: 4
Stamina: 3
Hand Signs: 4
Total: 31.5

Shin, as part of an unusual bloodline limit, was born with unusually high reserves of unusually volatile chakra and such he had to work incredibly hard to achieve control of it. His intensive training in that area has led him to be very skilled in regards to Ninjutsu and Genjutsu (although he can't make clones because of this chakra).

Physically he is quite fast and is reasonable at Taijutsu but he isn't as resilient as others and doesn't have the best stamina in the world.

History (what were you doing before? What motivated you to be a ninja or a mercenary): As a child Shin was raised in a compound outside a small town located near the Hidden Rain Village. The families of the compound were small families, some the remnants of once great clans, that had banded together in the hopes of preserving their rare gifts and defending each other from those who'd have them destroyed. Shin was the middle child of his parents having an older brother and a younger sister - his father, he and his sibling being the last holders of a rare and nameless blood trait that gifted them with unusually volatile in vast amounts.

By the age of ten it was already clear that he was if not the most talented, the most hard working of the siblings, and he was indeed one of the strongest children in the compound, not that he ever conflicted with them much. Shin liked to avoid trouble if it was possible - although he was more than happy to teach those who tried to harm he or his family a lesson if he had to. It was at this point that tensions between the compound's leaders and the heads of the small nearby town began to rise. The town leaders were beginning to become more fearful of the skilled individuals.

When Shin was sixteen another large village feuded with The Hidden Rain Village resulting in a small war between them for power. Many of those who were inhabiting the compound were ordered to join the conflict but they refused in the name of remaining to protect their families and preserve their gifts. Seeing this as an opportunity the heads nearby town told Ame (rain) shinobi that those of the compound refused as they intended to seize power during the conflict. Responding to this the compound was attacked by a large group of ninja, and although they put up a good fight, they were severely outnumbered and eventually most of those in the compound were killed. Shin along with his younger sister and a few others managed to escape.

Over the next few years the small group moved about in secret, actually spending a lot of time hiding within Amegakure (the Hidden Rain Village). Eventually they found themselves in The Land of Water, where in misunderstanding they were believed to be spies sent to infiltrate the Hidden Mist Village. They were gradually captured or killed off by ANBU and hunter-nin from the village until Shin was the only one remaining. He continued travelling, alone and soon discovered that the other villages had all behaved similar in the past and found he grew a hatred for shinobi culture. It was then that he changed tactics - at the age of nineteen he became what could only be described as a rogue ninja, even though he was never actually a shinobi. He began to intentionally act against the various nations doing as much damage as he could.

Somehow Shin is still fairly unknown to most ninja, despite the lengths he has gone to in order to wreak havoc upon the world he hates. He is tormented by the things he has seen, not that he admits it - even to himself - and wonders weather any of his friends or family are still alive (he doubts it).

Personality: Shin would be described by most as serious, gruff, intense and quite probably pessimistic. He has a rather negative outlook on life and is never seen smiling - but despite his affiliation few would describe him as evil. Shin has lost a lot in his relatively short time alive and blames the world of shinobi for his losses, his main motivation in life is to wreak havoc upon the hidden villages and all whom associate themselves with them - not that he is likely to tell you that. He doesn't share much and won't unless he is in the right mood, although he's happy to be brutally honest about the flaws of others.

Shin possess a strong confidence in his abilities, although he isn't foolish enough to believe himself invincible, and is an extremely hard worker who looks to improve his skills and knowledge - all in the name of revenge against the ninja-based world. He's also rather experienced in high-stakes combat for a person who was never a true shinobi and who is still quite young. He combines these qualities with a good intelligence, although he is no genius, and a knack for reacting to situations quickly and improvising. He is prepared to go to extreme lengths to fulfil his goals.

He has a tendency to believe those that brag about their abilities are the weakest and do so to compensate (although he has been wrong), although he also thinks that bragging about a power you do possess is a good way to be killed in your sleep. He seems much older than he actually is to a lot of people (and his rather gravelly voice probably doesn't help).

Custom Jutsus (5 maximum, describe them accurately please):

1. Fire Release: Falling Fire - Several small to moderately size fire balls (although he could make them large if he wanted to spend more chakra) fall from the sky onto the battle field. Objects (like branches) that catch fire may also fall adding to the damage spread by the jutsu.

2. Water Release: Blue Eruption - A single large geyser, or a few smaller ones, of chakra infused water will erupt from the ground and fly towards the target in an almost serpentine way.

3. Reality Distortion (Iganda Genjitsu) - Probably the most dangerous and most powerful of Shin's jutsu - but also the one requiring the most concentration and chakra. It is an extremely potent genjutsu that covers a fairly wide area and one that can even have strong effects on the actual world. The simplest example is that if you die in the hold of the jutsu you die for real. Shin uses this to compensate for his lack of physical stamina and resilience but it is risky to use without a partner if a sneak attack from his enemy's allies is overly likely.

4. Water Release: Element Control - A simple but versatile ninjutsu that allows for the free manipulation and direction of water. It does have the disadvantages of costing more chakra than other water jutsu the longer it is used and it is far less effective when used away from natural bodies of water.

5. Fire Release: Nova - Again, a highly effective yet very costly jutsu. A sphere of flame is created, often encompassing the user, and then rapidly expanded until it dissipates. It is useful to defend from physical attackers whilst also attacking at the same time.

Existing Jutsus (5 maximum):

1. Water Release: Ice Darts - The user spits or hurls large icicles at the target.

2. Fire Release: Flame Bullet - The user, by gathering oil in their mouth, spits are large fireball at their target.

3. Fire Release: Searing Migraine - A small fire ball is launched at the target but upon impact it explodes into a large fire-storm.

4. Fire Release: Running Fire - A stream of fire that can be manipulated into various shapes if released. It is useful for trapping people in preparation for Iganda Genjitsu.

5. Water Release Genjutsu: Mystic Fog Prison - The target is engulfed in a fog that puts them under a genjutsu. Shin's version of this jutsu (since he isn't involved with the conch king) involves a nightmarish phantom hiding with a fog that seems to embody the fears of the target. It induces fear and hysteria.

Well that's all I've got. I'll start thinking of a post soon.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I won't forget GP. If you think you can manage it with all your GM obligations, you're welcome!

Years
We certainly have an interesting little group of criminals here.
I wonder how they will all get along xD

Also, where's everyone from the village? Things will be kind of weird if the only ones active are Kurotenshi characters.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I agree. Like I told J-dog, we'll have captured the tailed-beasts before you guys even start!

So we have two grumpy-pants, a slacker, a optimistic-killer, and a self-concious mass murderer. As Haru would say, "Interesting."

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Just a question, who is Asina talking to? Or is she talking to the group as a whole?

Years
I thought she was talking more to us newcomers.
But then I had Shin talk to her primarily, but with a statement anyone could answer.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I guess I'll go to the ramen shop and interact with Nev if he doesn't mind of course.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
I'll make a post too. I think it would be good for Aki to get some more interaction. Also, I never really said what Village Aki was from, but I guess the Cloud Village would be alright. Besides, it's not like he cares about his village anyways, so it's not like him to bring it up.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I was thinking, what about I let you guys interact freely with each other until tomorrow when I will post the overview? Isn't it better?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
I'm fine with anything really. Is the overview going to be given by a NPC? Speaking of which, who exactly is the leader of the Akastuki?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Yes by an NPC that cannot be bunnied by other people except the GMs. It's still a secret for the leader hehe.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Well, Aki is just busy asking away his questions seeing as how he is one of the newer members.

The RP seems to be picking up nicely though. The Ninja alliance should post though, otherwise we're gonna have to change the title of the RP lol.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
There are 2 ninja members that are currently inactive. I'll remind them to post. It's picking up quite nicely for my first RP as a GM. Guess I wasn't as bad as I thought.
Also only 1 spot left for Kurotenshi and 2 for the Alliance.

Years
Hey can I reserve a spot for the Ninja Alliance I should be able to post at least once evry 2 days. :) Ill have an SU up soon.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I can't wait to learn Summoning: Edo Tensei. Reanimating the first Kuro member that dies lol :3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Hopefully that time is a long ways away lol.

Speaking of which, is it possible for the Kurotenshi members to not die, or is it gonna happen? Cus I sort of had a cool little side plot thing for Aki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back