• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen National Dex Progress

TyRobot

Thanks Obamasnow!
Years
  • I only have but one question for everybody: How far along are you guys on your National Dex?

I'm at 443 out of I believe 718 (if that includes those three newly discovered pokemon). I have heard that the Oval Charm from BW2 (that increases chances of eggs) has made a return, so it only seems logical that the Shiny Charm would return after we catch every pokemon in the National Dex. I'd love to know if anyone else can confirm these things and/or share his or her knowledge regarding these things!

I have a full National Dex in Black 2...bring on the Pokemon Bank!

So...how far are all of you?? :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    My only concern is the first 150. My goal is to train each of them and bring them to a competitive level (or as close as they can get). I'm almost done with this, except unfortunately some are uncatchable, like Koffing, Porygon and Meowth.

Years
  • I have about 90 caught, 350+ seen. This seems low, but I've never really been one for collecting pokémon I don't need so it's probably the most I've had on a pokémon game before.

Wonder trades will probably continue to boost that figure and obviously the release of pokemon bank should help me raise it even further. I think I could realistically complete the pokédex once I've ran out of other things to do.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • I'm still trucking my way through the Nat Dex. I wish I could dedicate more time to it, but I am afraid that I am still trying to breed a shiny munchlax. I've seen 360 and obtained 205.

CronicHigh

All hail lord Goomy
    Years
  • Seen 426 so far, and have obtained about 230 different Pokemon.
    This number is low for me, considering I've missed some easy ones and have been too lazy to evolve some of my others.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2014
    you obtain the oval charm when you've completed all three Kalos pokedex's. youcan get the charm from sycamore.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Well, outside of the Kalos Dex, I've managed to catch only about seven to eight Pokémon. I'm not trying to complete the PokéDex or anything, so, yeah. I've given up my hopes toward completing the PokéDex a long, long time ago. In order to have it finished, you're going to need a lot of skill, time, and motivation, which I, unfortunately, simply don't have. D: Last time I had ever tried to finish my Dex was about five to six years ago, when Pokémon Emerald was first released. I was pretty close, but couldn't get it done. Anyway, out of the eight Pokémon I've captured so far, my favorite would have to be Breloom. In its moveset, it's got access to Spore, Substitute, Seed Bomb, and Focus Punch; it's a great combination. It could make the opponent asleep in an instant with Spore, and have them taken out with the help of its other moves. And within the Kalos Dex, I caught approximately thirty-two Pokémon. d:

TyRobot

Thanks Obamasnow!
    Years
  • Yeah, I reckon I enjoy the "Gotta Catch Em All" aspect more than some. Growing up with Red and Blue probably is the reason for that, haha. Although, I will never forget completing the first Pokedex and getting that stupid in game certificate from Oak or whatever...

Needless to say, I was a very disappointed kid (for all of about 5 minutes lol). I still love catching them - it is in my blood now...

Anyway, out of the eight Pokémon I've captured so far, my favorite would have to be Breloom. In its moveset, it's got access to Spore, Substitute, Seed Bomb, and Focus Punch; it's a great combination. It could make the opponent asleep in an instant with Spore, and have them taken out with the help of its other moves. And within the Kalos Dex, I caught approximately thirty-two Pokémon.

I really love Breloom, too. Might I suggest using the Toxic Orb with Breloom's Poison Heal ability? It severely poisons Breloom thus healing it...and not only that, but since it is poisoned, it is immune to other status effects. Also, if some fool steals it - he or she gets a nice taste of Toxic. My moveset for Breloom: Spore, Leech Seed, Protect, Drain Punch - and this results in the most annoying Breloom to fight ever. It must have capped speed and preferably capped Sp. Def. if possible.

Of course, there are many great Breloom builds, but that is my personal favorite. I love stalling and walling in competitive battling... XD

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't remember how many I have caught, think it is around 450 or more. I have seen over 500 though. I have finished the Kalos Dex.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    In the National Dex I've seen 426 pokemon and have obtained 209.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I completed my dex about a week and a half ago. I really wanted the Oval Charm so I could breed things faster, and I'm at 518 species seen and caught.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    As of right now I've seen 498 pokemon and caught 300 pokemon.

It's a lot easier to get a hold of pokemon now we can just enter their name on the gts.

Years
  • I haven't gotten the National Dex for X version yet but for Black 2, I've seen 626 and obtained 518. Which reminds me, I need to get back to completing that pokedex.

Back