• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen National Pokedex

Years
  • Hey! SteveTheFish here!
    Have any of you guys ever completed the national pokedex in this game? (Or any pokemon game really)
    If so, how long did it take, and what was the hardest, and last pokemon you had to get?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Over 500 hours on my AS. 509 Caught, 575 seen. Currently fishing for a Whiscash!

Sooo that's about one Pokemon per hour... I'll probably be at around 750 by the time I finish it!

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • I complted the dex compltley in gen 1, 2, 3, 4 5 and 6 since pokemon is usually the game I play most but it was not until gen 4 that I started to get event mons thanx to wifi and gamestop events, and since gen 3 I usually move forward some of them from previous gen to make completion easier each time, fastest to complete was gen 6 since I alredy had almost all living dex ready to move to gen 6

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I never really bothered to complete the dex before Omega Ruby, where I got it done around the 500-600h mark, iirc. Thanks to Wonder Trading by thousands, camping on GTS to look for good deals and my gf sending me some species I didn't have close to the point of completion - nothing imported from previous games. I'm only missing some mythicals, namely Jirachi, Arceus, Keldeo, Victini, Meloetta, Genesect and, well, Volcanion. Other than that, 713 seen, 713 owned.

Well, without the Bank I'm not aiming for a living dex, but if the game gave me the diploma, I'm okay with it :v

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Currently on 718 on Pokemon X. Just need Meloetta and Genesect. Also own at least one of every Pokemon apart from those two, including every single form of Pokemon such as Deoxys, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Vivillon etc, plus male and female of every Pokemon with gender differences such as Jellicent and Pyroar. It's taken me a solid year of collecting, catching, trading, fishing, breeding, raising and GTSing to get to this stage.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'm at 612 right now, without having moved anything forward from previous generations, except for a few mythical Pokémon, since there's currently no other way to get them otherwise. Took me 235-ish hours of play time total. I'd have to say the most tedious part of it all is leveling up Pokémon that can only be obtained by evolving one of its earlier forms. It's made much easier with the Exp. Share, but I can't imagine how tedious it must have been without it in previous generations.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Ive gotten to as close as 700 something but nope never bothered to really finish it! it wasnt really one of my personal goals but after trading for so long you get alot of pokemon haha

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I've completed the National Dex in Soul Silver, X (before I reset it), and Omega Ruby. In the case of Omega Ruby (and X), it was much easier because I can keep my Pokémon all together in Bank and just move them in and out of the game with ease. I actually have a set of boxes dedicated to making a "living PokéDex" so I can have an even easier time in future games.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I completed my pokedex, including Mythicals(minus the obvious Volcanion, who isn't released yet) in both X and Alpha Sapphire. It helps to have Pokemon from as far back as Sapphire and constantly kept up to date with released event pokemon.

As a result I've completed the Pokedex in all my non-Nuzlocke games since 3rd gen. 1st and 2nd gen I had to cheat to get mew and celebi, but otherwise I completed them in those too.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I've caught 463 Pokemon and seen 540 (OmegaRuby). I've caught every Legendary Pokemon except Deoxys and most of the Pokemon I haven't caught / seen are pre-evolutions that I just need to breed.

In my many years of playing cartridge Pokemon, I've never actually completed the National Pokedex. I figure I can do this in OmegaRuby by the end of the year.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    All it took was a 5 minute log in to my Pokémon Bank where I had built up a living dex from XY, lol. That on the other hand didn't take too long, since I've been in the habit of keeping a living dex since Pearl Version so it's just been a matter of catching each new generation's Pokémon.

Years
  • All it took was a 5 minute log in to my Pokémon Bank where I had built up a living dex from XY, lol. That on the other hand didn't take too long, since I've been in the habit of keeping a living dex since Pearl Version so it's just been a matter of catching each new generation's Pokémon.

Oh, that's smart. Wish I had thought of that. XD

Back